By Metaclassy, Lda.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Byword is designed to make writing more enjoyable with Markdown on your Mac.
# Key features of Byword
- Designed to make writing more enjoyable using Markdown
- Sync text documents across all your Mac, iPhone, iPad devices
- Comprehensive keyboard shortcuts for extra efficiency
- Alternate dark theme for extra comfort in low-light situations
- The most complete Markdown support including footnotes, tables and cross-references
- Export documents to PDF and HTML documents
- Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote
# Blog publishing
Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote from Byword. Posting to your blog with Byword is as simples as:
1. Write something in Byword
2. Open File menu and select Publish
3. Confirm metadata
# More features
- List continuations
- Typewriter scrolling mode
- Great text manipulation helpers
- Word and character counters with live update
- Spell and Grammar checking and Dictionary lookup
- Extensive VoiceOver API support for visual impaired users
Here are some ways to use Byword in your life:
- For posting to your blog without using clunky web interfaces
- For research, meeting and class notes
- To write that important email without being distracted
- To capture ideas and notes and have them available in all devices
# Enhanced for macOS Sierra
- Tabs: Merge multiple documents in one window (Window > Merge All Windows)
- iCloud Drive: Sync your documents seamlessly across your devices and apps
- Handoff: Start writing on your iPhone and pick up where you left off when you sit down at your Mac
- Split screen: In case you need an extra window side by side for research
- Full screen: Get even more immersed in your words
- Autosave: Time to stop worrying about saving your work
- Versions: Review past iterations of your compositions
- Resume: Always open your documents where you left off
- Tags: A powerful new way to organize your files
We are proud to provide a super friendly customer support over email. If you have suggestions or questions, please contact us using one the methods below.
What's New in Version 2.8
* Publishing features are now available to all users; in app purchase no longer needed;
* Support for publishing articles to your Medium publications;
* Bug fixes.
Works well, even for a hack writer like me
I’m an engineer by profession but I do occasionally get paid to write technical articles for trade publications. That being the case I was looking for a simple writing tool that supported multi-markdown and after looking at several options I decided to give Byword a try. So far it is working very well for me. I had been writing in MS Word but was often distracted by having to deal with formatting and other issues that had nothing to do with the words I was trying to get down on the page. Now I can just write.
The export to MS doc file format is not all that great. The workaround is to export as HTML without the Byword theme and open the HTML file with Word then save as a doc file.
None More Beautiful
I love writing in markdown, and realistically I would be willing to use any tool to do so.
Byword, howver, is the most beautiful markdown editor out there _by far_.
My only wish is that they would allow you to set up a custom stylesheet in the app that would allow you to customize the appearance of your previews.
It would also be very cool if there was a keyboard command to export a pdf and a print-layout for previews as well. (I’d like to be able to tell how many pages long my printouts will be without leaving Byword; I use it at work to distribute 1-pagers to my team.
By far the best
I’m a writer not only by trade, but also as a life. Byword is the best thing when it comes to putting words down onto a page. I use other programs; Final Draft for my scripts, Scrivener for my books, MS Word for business, but Byword is my go-to when I want to get back to basics. It’s perfect for Wordpress, as it incorporates Markdown, and it publishes directly to your blog seamlessly. I’ve searched a long time for an app like this. I love the freedom of creativity it brings in a simple U/I - not to many bells and whistles, but just enough to get the job done easily and without distraction.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 20, 2016
- Version: 2.8
- Size: 3.2 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Metaclassy, Lda
- © Metaclassy, Lda.
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases