By Metaclassy, Lda.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Byword is designed to make writing more enjoyable with Markdown on your iPhone and iPad.
# Key features of Byword
- Designed to make writing more enjoyable using Markdown
- Sync text documents across all your Mac, iPhone, iPad devices
- Take all documents offline to access them anytime
- Filter documents by searching all text (Find & Replace inside documents coming soon)
- Alternate dark theme for extra comfort in low-light situations
- The most complete Markdown support including footnotes, tables and cross-references
- Export Markdown documents to PDF and HTML documents
- Premium feature: Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote
# Optimized for iOS 9
- Search documents directly from iOS 9 Spotlight;
- Multitasking and split screen on iPad;
- 3D Touch shortcuts to create new document and access most recent documents;
# Blog publishing — Premium only[^1]
Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote from Byword. Publishing your story with Byword is as simple as:
1. Write in Byword
2. Open Tools and select Publish
3. Confirm metadata
[^1]: Requires a one-time in-app purchase for all your iOS devices. Premium on Mac requires a separate one-time purchase.
# More features
- List continuations
- TextExpander snippet expansion
- Word and character counters with live update
- Extensive VoiceOver support for visual impaired users
- Spell and Grammar checking and Dictionary lookup
- Keyboard shortcuts for formatting and navigating between screens
Here are some ways to use Byword in your life:
- For posting to your blog without using clunky web interfaces and risking losing your work
- For research, meeting and class notes
- To write that important email without being distracted
- To capture ideas and notes and have them available in all devices
# Rich text warning
Byword for iOS only works with plain text formats. Supported file extensions are: txt, text, md, mmd, markdown, markdn, mdown, mkdn, markd and fountain.
We are proud to provide a super friendly customer support. If you need help and/or have suggestions, please contact us using the mediums below.
What's New in Version 2.6.1
- Fix in-app purchase error that some customers were experiencing
- Improve WordPress setup for certain websites
- Do not generate anchors in headings unless Table of Contents is present in document
I keep finding new uses for Byword
I originally picked Byword up for some edits to a markdown document I was working on. Soon, it became my go-to editor, whether I am using it for writing a post, a README, or an action plan. Today I was hunting around for a .fountain editor for my iPhone and remembered that it was just markdown. Opened the file in Byword and off to the races again! You will keep finding uses for it.
Promising, but a few flaws
Byword is a clean, simple markdown/plaintext editor. There are a couple small bugs, like how tapping at the bottom of a scrollable note to bring up the keyboard puts the cursor in the wrong spot. But the biggest issue I have is with the lack of recursive search. Searching only looks in the current folder but not subfolders.
Uneeda editor. This is it. GET it. 👍
A true *writer*’s app. Fast. Stable (never a bomb). Unintrusive. Easy print. Easy Markdown generation and preview. Easy export to HTML. iCloud sync. What more could you want?
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jun 01, 2016
- Version: 2.6.1
- Size: 7.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Metaclassy, Lda
- © Metaclassy, Lda.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases