By Metaclassy, Lda.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Byword is designed to make writing more enjoyable with Markdown on your iPhone and iPad.
# Key features of Byword
- Designed to make writing more enjoyable using Markdown
- Sync text documents across all your Mac, iPhone, iPad devices
- Take all documents offline to access them anytime
- Filter documents by searching all text (Find & Replace inside documents coming soon)
- Alternate dark theme for extra comfort in low-light situations
- The most complete Markdown support including footnotes, tables and cross-references
- Export Markdown documents to PDF and HTML documents
- Premium feature: Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote
# Optimized for iOS 9
- Search documents directly from iOS 9 Spotlight;
- Multitasking and split screen on iPad;
- 3D Touch shortcuts to create new document and access most recent documents;
# Blog publishing — Premium only[^1]
Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote from Byword. Publishing your story with Byword is as simple as:
1. Write in Byword
2. Open Tools and select Publish
3. Confirm metadata
[^1]: Requires a one-time in-app purchase for all your iOS devices. Premium on Mac requires a separate one-time purchase.
# More features
- List continuations
- TextExpander snippet expansion
- Word and character counters with live update
- Extensive VoiceOver support for visual impaired users
- Spell and Grammar checking and Dictionary lookup
- Keyboard shortcuts for formatting and navigating between screens
Here are some ways to use Byword in your life:
- For posting to your blog without using clunky web interfaces and risking losing your work
- For research, meeting and class notes
- To write that important email without being distracted
- To capture ideas and notes and have them available in all devices
# Rich text warning
Byword for iOS only works with plain text formats. Supported file extensions are: txt, text, md, mmd, markdown, markdn, mdown, mkdn, markd and fountain.
We are proud to provide a super friendly customer support. If you need help and/or have suggestions, please contact us using the mediums below.
What's New in Version 2.5.1
- Upload images to Medium
- Bug fixes
The Best Minimal iCloud Notes Platform
Great to see that Byword was updated recently, so that it keeps getting better.
Right now, Byword is the best solution for managing notes and lists because it uses iCloud and syncs across iPad, iPhone and, most importantly, the Mac. The other great thing is that it supports the x-callback specification so that it integrates tightly with the incomparable Drafts app.
There are some improvements that could be made to the iOS version to make Byword even better. One bug is that when searching in dark mode, the keyboard changes to the light version. Another improvement would be faster syncing over iCloud. When you make a new note or edit a current one, the "Not In Sync" indicator does not always refresh efficiently. The final improvement is that the extended keyboard could be re-designed with larger more elegant symbols, so that the tiny text for each key could be removed making it easier to see what each key actually does.
My hope is that Byword will receive good support by the developer and new updates will be continuously released in order to keep the app improving within an increasingly competitive space.
Well worth purchase. Top of the heap.
A true *writer*’s app. Fast. Stable. Unintrusive. Syncs to iCloud. Exports HTML nicely to clipboard (from which I may paste into either Wordpress or my friendly neighborhood Textastic).
BTDT with Writing Kit and Editorial. Too little or too much. Byword is just write. ;-)
Since latest update: may occasionally lose track of extra MarkDown helper above keyboaed. Swipe left to get it! (I wish it would stay.)
Writing actual books? Don't waste your money.
I wrote a review a few years ago explaining how this doesn't open large documents... at all. It just force quits. Years later—that is, presently—having completely forgotten about that little review and having re-discovered and re-downloaded this app, I come to say it still doesn't open book-length documents even on the iPad Pro running the latest iOS (9.2.1). Wow.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 18, 2015
- Version: 2.5.1
- Size: 6.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Metaclassy, Lda
- © Metaclassy, Lda.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases