By Metaclassy, Lda.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Byword is designed to make writing more enjoyable with Markdown on your iPhone and iPad.
# Key features of Byword
- Designed to make writing more enjoyable using Markdown
- Sync text documents across all your Mac, iPhone, iPad devices
- Take all documents offline to access them anytime
- Filter documents by searching all text (Find & Replace inside documents coming soon)
- Alternate dark theme for extra comfort in low-light situations
- The most complete Markdown support including footnotes, tables and cross-references
- Export Markdown documents to PDF and HTML documents
- Premium feature: Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote
# Optimized for iOS 9
- Search documents directly from iOS 9 Spotlight;
- Multitasking and split screen on iPad;
- 3D Touch shortcuts to create new document and access most recent documents;
# Blog publishing — Premium only[^1]
Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote from Byword. Publishing your story with Byword is as simple as:
1. Write in Byword
2. Open Tools and select Publish
3. Confirm metadata
[^1]: Requires a one-time in-app purchase for all your iOS devices. Premium on Mac requires a separate one-time purchase.
# More features
- List continuations
- TextExpander snippet expansion
- Word and character counters with live update
- Extensive VoiceOver support for visual impaired users
- Spell and Grammar checking and Dictionary lookup
- Keyboard shortcuts for formatting and navigating between screens
Here are some ways to use Byword in your life:
- For posting to your blog without using clunky web interfaces and risking losing your work
- For research, meeting and class notes
- To write that important email without being distracted
- To capture ideas and notes and have them available in all devices
# Rich text warning
Byword for iOS only works with plain text formats. Supported file extensions are: txt, text, md, mmd, markdown, markdn, mdown, mkdn, markd and fountain.
We are proud to provide a super friendly customer support. If you need help and/or have suggestions, please contact us using the mediums below.
What's New in Version 2.6.2
Fixed a crash affecting some users.
Attention! $6 to have no iCloud Synch
Please read before purchasing:
I own Byword (desktop Mac OsX version) and I have been using this app for professional writing since years now.
I am currently abroad and I needed to be able to access my documents on my iPad Pro and I decided to buy the pricy $6 iOS version of the app.
Later I discovered that none of my documents appear in the iCloud folder, and the reason is quite irritating. On Byword website they state that they are still evaluating if investing money to allow Rich Text docs to be open in the iOS version, while suggesting and promoting the use of simple text.
To have my documents while away from home, I did not hesitate to invest Menes in your overpriced iOS version, of an app that i already own.
This is a cheap and unprofessional move, and it will cost customers more than it would have cost to offer the see less functions between two payed versions of the same app.
Top if the line. Get it.
Fast. Stable. Easy to use for Markdown. Easy export to htm and pop directly into my blog. Everything I want in a writing app. No possible gripes.
No password protection??!!
I was really in love with this app until I realized there is no passcode or Touch ID option. Privacy is a big part of why I use these apps for my writing. If I am missing something let me know. It is a significant oversight.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jul 28, 2016
- Version: 2.6.2
- Size: 7.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Metaclassy, Lda
- © Metaclassy, Lda.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases