By Metaclassy, Lda.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Byword is designed to make writing more enjoyable with Markdown on your iPhone and iPad.
# Key features of Byword
- Designed to make writing more enjoyable using Markdown
- Sync text documents across all your Mac, iPhone, iPad devices
- Take all documents offline to access them anytime
- Filter documents by searching all text (Find & Replace inside documents coming soon)
- Alternate dark theme for extra comfort in low-light situations
- The most complete Markdown support including footnotes, tables and cross-references
- Export Markdown documents to PDF and HTML documents
- Premium feature: Publish to WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger, Scriptogram and Evernote
# Optimized for iOS 8
- Document Providers
- iCloud Drive
# Blog publishing — Premium only[^1]
Publish to WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger, Scriptogram blogs and Evernote notebooks from Byword. Posting to your blog with Byword is as simples as:
1. Write something in Byword
2. Open Tools and select Publish
3. Confirm title, tags, categories, etc.
[^1]: Requires a one-time in-app purchase for all your iOS devices. Premium on Mac requires a separate one-time purchase.
# More features
- List continuations
- TextExpander snippet expansion
- Word and character counters with live update
- Extensive VoiceOver support for visual impaired users
- Spell and Grammar checking and Dictionary lookup
- Keyboard shortcuts for formatting and navigating between screens
Here are some ways to use Byword in your life:
- For posting to your blog without using clunky web interfaces and risking losing your work
- For research, meeting and class notes
- To write that important email without being distracted
- To capture ideas and notes and have them available in all devices
# Rich text warning
Byword for iOS only works with plain text formats. Supported file extensions are: txt, text, md, mmd, markdown, markdn, mdown, mkdn, markd and fountain.
We are proud to provide a super friendly customer support. If you need help and/or have suggestions, please contact us using the mediums below.
What's New in Version 2.3.4
- Add support for TextExpander fill-ins
- Avoid multiple alerts when editing documents in Dropbox
- Fix duplicate folder when creating new folder in iCloud
- Fix incorrect capitalization when using third-party keyboards
- Other minor bug fixes
An amazing, simple, and clean markdown app!
I love Byword. The interface is clean and easy to use. Parses markdown beautifully while you type. It's so easy to read and feels so nice. I love it!
I don't write a whole lot of articles, but when I do write one, it takes me a while. So I like to take my work offline while I flesh out my thoughts. Markdown and Byword allow me to do that wonderfully. Then it syncs back to Dropbox where I can publish to Ghost blog.
*Feature request*: the only thing I would change is that there should be a Markdown cheat sheet. I sometimes forget some of the markdown syntax. It would be nice to get a quick cheat sheet right in the app instead of opening a browser. That way, I could truly be offline.
Used to be good - crappy now
Byword used to be great. I even bought the add-on. Lately, it's infrequently updated and when it is updated (like the latest update), it's more likely to not work as well as before.
In the latest update - external keyboard navigation (i.e. pressing things like COMMAND-down_arrow to go down to end of document) don't work. They used to work flawlessly but not anymore. Contacting the developer about this didn't help in any way. There was no response whereas before the developer responded right away.
The last straw is that the current version is unstable. I literally just lost 100 words I just wrote because Byword crashed.
In fact, I was searching for 'markdown editor' in the app store and Byword was the first selection and this prompted me to write a review.
It saddens me that things have gone downhill with Byword. It reflects poorly on the developer and it definitely discourages me from purchasing any new apps.
Message to the developer: If you're going to stop supporting an app, then have the balls to be upfront about it rather than take the app and your users on a slow ride to uselessness.
My Byword app lives on my 2nd generation iPad and does precisely what I require: opens to a blank page in a snap for note-taking outside of the office, saves and dates the notes even if I forget to name them, and makes it easy to email the notes to myself when the interview is over. I've never learned Markdown, though I still plan to, and have had little trouble doing what I need to do. It's always been stable. Nice app.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 23, 2015
- Version: 2.3.4
- Size: 6.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Metaclassy, Lda
- © Metaclassy, Lda.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases