Caato Time Tracker+
By CS Software Consultancy Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
+++ Time Tracking for your Mac with Caato time Tracker+ - In Sync. Effortless. Powerful +++
Time tracking should be easy and effortless. That's what Caato Time Tracker+ is about! It was designed and streamlined in close cooperation with our clients and the result is a reliable, easy-to-use and hassle-free application.
Caato Time Tracker+ is perfect for you as a small business owner, designer, consultant, developer, architect, lawyer or freelance worker for tracking your work time or billable hours. Caato Time Tracker+ has powerful features, yet it's extremely simple to use.
Organize your activities in projects, add notes for a better description and use folders (Pro version) for clients or archives. Caato Time Tracker+ features a report view with detailed entries which gives you a quick overview of all that you have accomplished. The date range filter helps you focus on only the tracked time you are interested in. Billing your clients is a matter of seconds with filter presets like "Last Month" and handy CVS and enhanced excel export (excel export in Pro version).
If you’re wondering how many hours you’ve already worked today, just take a look at the app icon or the menu bar status and you'll know! To get more specific insights, use the sorting function or power search with instant feedback.
Easily stay on top of your time: Caato Time Tracker+ features a 3-tier hierarchy of projects, activities, and detailed time entries. In the Pro version, Caato Time Tracker+ allows you to sync your time with your other Macs or iPhone and Apple Watch. Caato uses its own cloud for high reliability and fast syncing.
Focus on your work - Caato Time Tracker+ keeps your time: You can always add, delete or edit entries on every level for maximal flexibility. Excel (Pro version) and CSV export options enable you easily to build reports with your favorite spreadsheet application or send reports directly via email.
- Start and pause with one click
- Allows instant editing of entries in the past
- Tracks projects, activities and detailed time entries including seconds
- Add notes and copy time entry data to clipboard
- Setting for automatically converting hours to 24 hour days or 8 hour workdays
- Tracks multiple projects at once, if you choose to.
- Sorting, filtering, and search functions for easy overviews
- Date range filter with presets and individual date range picker
- Easy Excel (Pro version) and CSV export with formatting options and email feature
- Group projects into folders and choose folder color (Pro version)
- Sync time with other Macs or iPhone and Apple watch (Pro version)
- Context-sensitive totals in the status bar
- Menu bar item for quick access
- Shows today’s working hours or the number of currently tracked projects in dock icon
- Retina resolution support
- Quick and friendly support
- With the "Pro Version“ in-app purchase subscription, you get access to folders, enhanced excel export and the ability to sync your projects with your other Macs, iPhone and Apple Watch.
What's New in Version 1.0.2
This update fixes an issue where users were signed out by mistake if there is no connection to the sync server.
Was Useful - Now A Disappointment
I used to rely on the previous version as a (reliable) method of tracking time with clients. I shared its name with colleagues, and never looked for an alternative. It was/is a bit in the dark ages, and needed some updates for cloud support, system integration, etc. Instead of a paid upgrade, we get this: another once-decent app that tried to fly too close to the sun, and be something it’s not.
I am a software architect and I understand the desire for a continuous trickle of profit for an app vs initial purchase spikes, but this is not the way to do it; this is not the app to do it. This is not Adobe or some high-end music instrumentation library where a subscription can be logical depending on usage. This is a basic time tracker that has a few evernote-esque additions and is trying to be more than it needs to be.
If the developer needs more money, charge more for the app up front. If anyone goes for this subscription model, that’s their prerogative. I think I’ll end up writing my own if I dont find any alternatives (and if so, charge a reasonable fee and keep it streamlined for its purpose).
Always available at my fingertips
The short here is that I can track time in a way that fits my personal workflow without having to add a lot of new process to my day. For me it’s a godsend. Just click and go. Timesheets are made really straightforward now, and I don’t have to remember back at the end of the day about what I did. In the end, it saves me time and frustration. That’s worth $60/year - or less than $6/month. I’ll spend that on 2 starbucks in two days.
Great free time tracking
This app does exactly what I need for free—tracking the hours I work on jobs for my clients and spitting out an file that shows the hours, which I can submit with my invoice. I’d love to have the Pro version, which allows better organization of jobs and a more finished Excel file, but since I’m cheap, this does the trick.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Nov 21, 2016
- Version: 1.0.2
- Size: 5.1 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: CS Software Consultancy Ltd
- © 2016 CS Software Consultancy Ltd
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases
- 6 months Pro subscription$24.99
- 1 month Pro subscription$4.99