Cairn – Hiking Trails, Topo Maps & Safety Alerts
By FitClimb LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Cairn helps you get home safely from any outdoor adventure. Easily share your plans with loved ones, download offline topo maps, see stats on your route, record your hiking trail and find spots with cell coverage.
Recently named one of the 10 best apps for the outdoors by Backpacker Magazine.
GET FOUND IF YOU’RE OVERDUE
• Notifications: Safety contacts are notified when you’re past due
• Live tracking: Contacts can see your GPS location during your trip or hike
• Rescue advice: Contacts get important info needed to make intelligent rescue initiation decisions
STAY CONNECTED IN THE OUTDOORS
• Download topo maps that are designed specifically for outdoor pursuits
• Send status updates with a single tap
• Know where others have found cell coverage
SEE TRAIL STATS
• Get live distance, elevation gain and ETA stats for 4000+ hiking routes, summits, and trails in North America and the UK
• Record and save your trail while you hike
+ Easy: It only takes a minute to set up a Cairn
+ Open: Share plans with anyone – no app required to view
+ Customizable: Control how often Cairn collects your GPS location and battery usage
+ Flexible: Great for hiking, backpacking, trail running, skiing, cycling, rock climbing, camping, hunting, fishing, boating and more
Need support? Get in touch via Twitter, Facebook or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 2.0.8
We've added a number of new trails, including ones that lead to fantastic spots for catching August's solar eclipse. Daniel wrote in and requested trails in Shenandoah National Park so we added a slew of trails there as well.
If you're enjoying Cairn, think about leaving us a review. Happy trails!
Love this app
I use this app on every hike. It makes it easy for me tell people where I am going and has great topo maps.
Download the map before you go so you always have a map no matter how remote your destination. I love this feature.
I also value the ETA - it helps a lot with the planning and keeps the kids happy on the trail too.
This is the best hiking app ever and probably my most useful app! It makes me feel much safer while hiking and being in remote areas, thank you!