Cairn – Hiking Trails, Topo Maps & Safety Alerts
By FitClimb LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Cairn helps you get home safely from any outdoor adventure. Easily share your plans with loved ones, download offline topo maps, see stats on your route, record your hiking trail and find spots with cell coverage.
Recently named one of the 10 best apps for the outdoors by Backpacker Magazine.
GET FOUND IF YOU’RE OVERDUE
• Notifications: Safety contacts are notified when you’re past due
• Live tracking: Contacts can see your GPS location during your trip or hike
• Rescue advice: Contacts get important info needed to make intelligent rescue initiation decisions
STAY CONNECTED IN THE OUTDOORS
• Download topo maps that are designed specifically for outdoor pursuits
• Send status updates with a single tap
• Know where others have found cell coverage
SEE TRAIL STATS
• Get live distance, elevation gain and ETA stats for 4000+ hiking routes, summits, and trails in North America and the UK
• Record and save your trail while you hike
+ Easy: It only takes a minute to set up a Cairn
+ Open: Share plans with anyone – no app required to view
+ Customizable: Control how often Cairn collects your GPS location and battery usage
+ Flexible: Great for hiking, backpacking, trail running, skiing, cycling, rock climbing, camping, hunting, fishing, boating and more
Need support? Get in touch via Twitter, Facebook or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 2.0.17
- We've included an in-app 'how to use this app' tutorial
- We've added whole slew of new trails.
- Now you can put the map in 'follow' mode (the map will rotate and follow your position). Just tap the current location button twice!
Best Outdoor and Hiking App Ever!!!
This is a must for outdoor safety. I've been using it for about a year now on hikes, bikes, ski,and trail runs. Well designed and thought out app. I found it user friendly and my mom likes to receive cairns notifying her of my next hike and location status, my safety contacts don't even need the app to track me. While on the trail Cairn shows you the distance left, elevation gain, and ETA. Also where there is cell coverage on offline maps in case you need help or just want to send a text. One of the best app values since the app is free, they don't charge for topo downloads and it's become my budget Spot With I'm ok and other updates. Recommend this to all hikers, outdoor enthusiasts, and worried parents.