Welcome to FatSecret, the easiest to use calorie counter and diet tracker for weight loss.
FatSecret is the most effective weight loss and dieting program. Best of all, FatSecret is 100% free.
Keep track of your food, exercise and weight, using the world's highest quality food and nutrition database and most supportive community. Connect with a global community of people looking to make a change for the better and start losing weight and achieve your goals the healthy way.
The app is available on Apple Watch.
The app is fully integrated with the Health app which lets you share your data with other Health connected apps. In particular you can:
- sync your Health app calories burned and steps in FatSecret
- add all your foods and their detailed nutritional information to the Health app
- sync your weight with the Health app
FatSecret is fast, simple to use and has all the cool tools to help you succeed with your diet:
- An easy to use food diary to plan and keep track of what you're eating.
- A wonderful community that's ready to provide support and turbo charge your weight loss.
- Image recognition of foods, meals and products so you can take photos with the camera and track nutrition with pictures.
- A barcode scanner and auto-complete functions.
- Health app and Fitbit exercise tracking integration.
- An exercise diary to record all the calories you burn.
- A diet calendar to see your calories consumed and burned.
- A weight tracker.
- Detailed reporting and goals.
- Photo album. #Photodiet #Foodsnap #Instacalorie
- A journal to record your progress.
- Reminders for meals, weigh-ins and journals.
- Fantastic recipes and meal ideas.
- Sharing and interacting with your professional of choice.
- Facebook and Google login.
The app also syncs with FatSecret Professional, the most convenient way to share your food, exercise and weight with your preferred health professional. Your health professional will get free access to simple and powerful tools to monitor your performance and provide you with feedback, advice and support.
You can also sync your account online to access your info anywhere, any time.
We hope you'll love Calorie Counter by FatSecret. We are constantly working to improve the app so there's plenty more goodies to come ;)
- Performance improvements
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I love using fatsecret. The diary and logs and support from other users is excellent and so helpful in my weightless journey. Love the fact that you can set your own macros and calories or have it calculated for you. Tracking is mostly easy and the library of foods is extensive. That being said I noticed sometimes, not all the time, they are a little off. For example my protein I use has 3 grams sugar and when I scan the barcode the app says 0 sugar. So for people who are needing to be exact on their counts you need to just double check that they have it correctly in the system. Also, when you get notifications that someone has responded to your diary log you have to go through some steps to get to the exact message. I wish the notification center would take you directly to the message for easy reply or viewing. Only other complaint is that you have to use the online version to change your profile picture and get access to certain features but that isn't a deal breaker for me. The app does everything you need it to. Other than that I love this app and will continue using it.
Comprehensive weight loss app that's easy to use!
This is the best weight loss app ever. I have used a few others but they do not compare. You can customize what you want to track, whether carbs, protein, fat etc. It also gives you the full nutritional breakdown of your meals, including salt and cholesterol percentages which is awesome. The recipes are fantastic and you can even participate in community conversations with fellow app users for those that want support. Adding food/recognizing label codes are super easy to do. My 5 stars are more like 4.5 stars. I took off half a star because a few times the barcode reader can be a bit off when scanning items. exp...The label may say 10 carbs or calories etc, but what is registered may be a higher or lower number. So at the end of the day your total count may be off by a few digits. Not sure if it is the fault of the app or the barcode. Either way, it is a mild nuisance that doesn't occur often enough to be problematic. With that being said, the app is awesome and I 100% recommend it.
Great app for tracking dietary goals
Whether you are looking to monitor calorie intake, or carb/fat/protein, this is a great app. I’ve used it several times over the past 5-6 years, this time to track carbs. Also charts weight over time so you can track your progress. You can enter you foods by using the phone camera to scan the barcode, and most things I scan are in their database.
One minor annoyance is that recently eaten foods only shows foods for the given category (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks) so if I have a protein bar for breakfast one day and then as a snack the next, it doesn’t appear in recently eaten foods so you have to find it and scan it again. Also, I seem to have lost data since the last time I used it a little over a year ago. Not that big a deal, but I would have liked to see it to compare.
Overall it’s a nice little app and I will continue to use it.
- Secret Industries Pty Ltd
- 61.4 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 FatSecret
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.