Calorie Counter and Food Diary by MyNetDiary - for Diet and Weight Loss
By MyNetDiary Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Lose weight and get healthier with MyNetDiary - the fastest, easiest, and smartest iPhone calorie counter and weight loss program. Millions of people have used MyNetDiary toward reaching their weight goals. MyNetDiary gives you the best tools to track food and exercise, plan healthy meals, and stay motivated. Easy-to-use, personalized app, with fastest food entry taking only minutes of your time, will help you stay on track and reach your goals!
MyNetDiary is based on proven science - it's rated as the #1 mobile diet app in an independent study published in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine.
The New York Times, comparing to MyFitnessPal, calls MyNetDiary “simpler… quicker… also, it looks nicer."
MyNetDiary has been featured in USA Today, Wall Street Journal, Consumer Reports, NPR and many more.
"This is the best tool I have ever used to keep track of my weight loss.”
"This app is extremely user friendly."
"Absolutely awesome – it’s like having your own nutritionist with you at all times.”
"If I could have only one app on my iPhone, this would be it!"
WHY MYNETDIARY IS BETTER
* MyNetDiary is a nice, simple-to-use app you’ll enjoy using every day.
* Powered by the largest verified food database, over 690,000 foods. UPDATED DAILY.
* Much easier and faster food entry - searches as you type, remembers your favorites foods and amounts.
* Flexible amount entry with multiple servings for most foods - grams, oz, cups.
* Personalized advice and reminders from Virtual Coach
* Daily and Weekly** Analysis - what you can improve to eat better and stay on track.
* Food Grade with Food Check included - get immediate feedback on food nutrition, understand food labels and make better food choices.
* Built-in GPS tracker to automatically track your exercise.
* Tracks up to 45 nutrients**
* PhotoFood Service - if a food is not in the database, send its photos from the app and we will add it for you!**
* Food time tracking, keep track of multiple snacks**
* Plan, track and chart macronutrients, all body measurements and more**
* Links to fitness trackers and scales from Fitbit, Garmin, Jawbone UP, and Withings**
* PDF reports to print and share over e-mail**
* Syncs with MyNetDiary.com for online food and exercise entry.
* Beautiful design - A PLEASURE TO USE.
* Very fast and easy entry. There is no faster way to enter foods than with MyNetDiary.
* Searches as you type
* Built-in barcode scanner
* Organizes and remembers your favorites and typical servings
* Speeds up entry with custom foods and recipes
* Quick calories entry
* Over 500 activities and exercises
* Custom exercises
* Built-in GPS tracker to log your exercise - when you run, walk, or cycle, helping you get more active.
SIMPLE AND FLEXIBLE PLANNING
* Set your target weight.
* Plan for your target date or desired weight loss rate.
MyNetDiary for Apple Watch: The ideal companion to MyNetDiary for iPhone
* Check remaining calories and daily totals
* Get daily tips
* Log water and weight
* Log foods from favorites or with dictation, or quickly log calories
HEALTH APP INTEGRATION
* Writes foods (with up to 30 nutrients), workouts, weight, BP, BG, and more
* Reads workouts, BG, weight, daily step count and BP
* See calories left, jump to meals, use Food Check and water tracker.
GET SUPPORT FROM COMMUNITY
* Community forums supported by a Registered Dietitian
* Connect with friends
**AVAILABLE WITH MAXIMUM SUBSCRIPTION
* MyNetDiary Maximum subscription, opens access to the most powerful diet tools available - weekly analysis, special charts, goals, fitness trackers and body scale linking, time tracking, PhotoFoods service, PDF reports, BG, medications, custom trackers, diabetes and pre-diabetes tracking and more.
* Provides access to all of MyNetDiary website features, including integrations, diabetes, all charts and reports, printing, and Excel export.
What's New in Version 4.83
* Built-in GPS Tracker: keep track of your walking, running, and cycling exercises, automatically calculate and log exercise calories. Simple and easy, the built-in tracker covers all the basics.
* Home Screen Customization: pick and choose what you want to see on the Home and Popup screens in the app - re-arrange or hide items on the screens.
* Step Bonus: Automatically add calories if you are walking a lot. Available in MyNetDiary Maximum.
* Nutrients Planning: Set targets for any micronutrient or vitamin. Available in MyNetDiary Maximum.
* App Guide: built-in app guide, helping you learn the app and get the most out of it.
* Fixes and Improvements: dozens of fixes and improvements in all areas of the app.
We hope you like this latest update of MyNetDiary. Please take a moment to rate MyNetDiary after you have updated!
I just want to say to anyone out there struggling to recover from an eating disorder, this app (or really, any calorie counter) can be your friend. It gives you a clear and realistic idea of your body's actual needs, and allows you to track what you eat throughout the day, so you don't need to constantly freak out about overeating. I exercise quite a lot, and it allows me with minimal fuss to log and subtract the calories burned each day, making it quite easy to see if I'm meeting my goals. I've realized that I can actually eat more than I thought, and have been planning my snacks and meals quite happily. I thank this app for helping me to rediscover stress-free eating. Note: the simpler you eat, the easier it will be to be accurate!
Quick note: if you find that you aren't getting the expected results, check for the three following issues: 1) you should be entering net caloric burn (as in, subtracting the calories you'd have burned just sitting around, as those were already accounted for) for all exercises. 2) you need to adjust caloric burn for your own size/gender etc. A 125 lb female does not burn the same number of calories walking as a 185 lb male! Some of these exercise estimates are too high for me. 3) the nutrition info can vary a bit too, so when in doubt, check multiple sources.
So much love
I used myfitnesspal in the past, and I just didn't like it. In my hands this app is much easier to use, and less "busy". MFP didn't suit me because I don't want to be in some kind of online community, I don't want to be super low carb, I'm not going down to 1200 calories a day, I just want to get the job done without a lot of hassle. With this app, I can usually quickly find what I ate/drank already in the database which is very important to me. I actually find that I enjoy logging my calories! I've been using this app for almost 6 weeks, lost over 12 pounds and am over halfway to my goal weight without being a completely hangry, miserable wretch. I am using the free version. I'd buy the full version but it's too expensive, and I don't want to pay a monthly fee. I do think they should work on their pricing to make it more reasonable to upgrade. Still, I am very thankful for this app and can truly see me using it from now on as part of a PERMANENT lifestyle change.
This app opened my eyes to the one & only key factor in weight loss/maintenance, Calories. Once I understood that I burned 1500 calories a day just resting, I could see the math it would take to lose weight. Before I was eating 3 meals of 500 calories a day, but wasn't losing weight. Then after counting my calories I saw I was drinking large fountain drinks with at least 2 refills equating to 600 calories per meal. That's 1800 calories I was "drinking" & never considered "food." When I saw the math problem I realized I was overlooking all the calories in my beverages. A 500 calorie meal is enjoyable; like 2 steak tacos & a small fountain drink, delicious. Then when I add in exercise, pounds drop off. So, if you burn 2000 calories a day, eat/drink only 1500, then you're losing weight by 500 calories a day. It's all in the math. Counting Calories takes all the stress out of dieting.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Apr 27, 2016
- Version: 4.83
- Size: 76.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Russian
- Seller: MyNetDiary Inc.
- © 2016, MyNetDiary Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 1-month Subscription$8.99
- 12-months Subscription$59.99
- 3-months Subscription$23.99
- 6-months Subscription$41.99