Tap & Track -Calorie Counter (Diets & Exercises)
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Contains the largest OFFLINE food database of any iPhone calorie counter (over 500,000 foods). Perfect for both, iPod Touch and iPhone users!
-Recommended by the NY TIMES!
-Featured by "HARVARD HEALTH PUBLICATIONS" in an article about highest-rated health apps.
-The only OFFLINE calorie counter that allows you and your partner to track calories on the single iPhone/iPod!
-Over 15,000 great user reviews!
LATEST USER REVIEWS:
Love love love it! I have used 4 or 5 food tracking apps and this one is my fav by far!
-by Sara Snitker
I've tried ton of tracking apps and they all basically do the same thing. This app one ups the competition with a GREAT DATABASE!
-by Ted Childers
Tap & Track implements Apple's philosophy of simplicity but at the same time offers hundreds of amazing features that you'll love to use every day. The app never requires internet access, so you can keep track anytime, anywhere!
- Over 500,000 food items
- Over 2000 food brands
- Over 700 restaurants
- Over 180 different exercises
- Daily info on calories, fat, saturated fat, protein, carbs, sugars, sodium & fiber
- Track calories and Food Score
- 40:30:30 'Pie charts' of reports
- Displaying your daily calorie needs / limits
- Full screen graphs
- Exercise tracking
- BMI calculator
- Weight tracking
- FREE sync with backup/restore
DIFFERENCE FROM OTHER APPS
- The only calorie counter that works offline!
- Free multiple profiles
- Large and accurate database, verified by nutrition experts
- Allows you to build your own recipes and custom foods
- Does not crash, very fast, highly stabile app
- Works offline, doesn't use internet connection to get foods
- Full screen graphs
- Frequent updates
- You can export nutrition data as CSV that can be opened with a Spreadsheet
- Great customer support
- Track food calories
- Track Burned calories
- Track Daily Weight
- Set your Diet Plan
- Set your Goal Weight
- Set your Fat budget
- Set your Carbs budget
- View daily BMI
- View nutrition data: calories, protein, carbohydrate, fat (and saturated fat), fiber, sodium, sugar.
- View or edit calorie and exercise logs
- Export Log as CSV that can be opened with a Spreadsheet
- Passcode lock
- Pick, add, edit and re-sort favorites
- Add your food items in different categories
- Search common foods and restaurant database
- “Quick Add Calories” - enter consumed calories in just a few taps
- Previous Meal list - locate and pick any food item you recently consumed
- Pick, add, edit and resort predefined exercise list.
- Select between three different exercise intensities.
- “Quick add Burned” - enter burned calories in just a few taps
- Full screen Calorie and Weight graphs
- View Weight Goal at graph
- View Calorie breakdown
- View consumed calories and daily limits
- View consumed calories and other nutrition info by day
- View average consumed calories and other nutrition info for last 7 days
- View average consumed calories and other nutrition info by user defined period.
The Tap & Track will allow you to keep track on your calorie by calculating your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) and finding the daily calorie needs of your body based on your gender, age, weight and height.
The application features can be divided into 4 parts; Food, Exercise, Weight and Reports. You will find the app very easy and pleasant to use.
What's New in Version 8.0
Edited for 29th Oct 2014 update:
It seems like the update has ruined the search-as-you-type function such that it doesn't allow you to find common foods anymore. To solve this, you need to turn off the search-as-you-type function and all will be fixed. You can find this under settings. This will solve the problem of being unable to find regular foods. My biggest problem with the new version is that it now looks wonky on my screen as opposed to the way it was before. But I'll keep using this for the functionality and because I have 5 years of data on it. Sure it's not as fancy as MFP or Lose It, and sure it could do with updates to the food database at least once a year, but it's pretty solid and works offline and generates cool graphs and trend data.
I use this app daily to monitor my calorie intake, weight, and exercise activity. It's also a great mobile calorie count app because on the iPod Touch, it works offline i.e. Doesn't require a wifi hotspot. The calorie count library is pretty extensive but there's always room for growth. I've had this app for about 2 years now and I can say that the developpers have updated it a lot since then and added more foods and menu items to the library and generally improved the app. So I am ever hopeful that they continue to do so. But this is an awesome app, better than most of the others available (I've had like 3 including Lose It, so I'm not just saying so)...
Previously over weight person
OK. Now I'll rate it at a five again. Now that they fixed the "update". I'll be more careful about when I hit update in future. This is the best calorie counter.
Only concern is they might be giving too many burned calories for exercices. After all you burn calories doing nothing and you burn more when you exercise but you have to subtract the doing nothing ones from the exercise ones and I don't think they do it in the app, so you end up giving yourself more credit for exercices than you really earned, double dipping so to speak, and if you eat up to calories burned you could hose yourself on weight loss. I count lowest effort and only credit myself half. I asked once but did not get clear answer about it which is why I don't think they subtract resting calories you'd use anyway from exercise calories. Otherwise I love it.
Best app out there!!
Update 2 yrs later: In total I lost 65 lbs while using this app. I've gained 20lbs back so I'm using it again. I love this app. So helpful in keeping track.
Update: I have been using the app since January and so far I have lost 34 lbs. This app let's me look at what a restaurant has and the calorie count BEFORE I get there. This allows me make a smart decision about my meal instead of getting carried away with something that looks good on the menu. I truly think this is the best app out there. You can build recipes and add items not listed very easily. I recommend it to all of my friends who are looking to lose weight or just maintain. This app is MUCH better than the free ones you can find!!
I wish you could separate the portions differently but so far I've lost 10lbs. It helps keep me from snacking b/c I can see how many cals I have left for the day.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Oct 28, 2014
- Version: 8.0
- Size: 28.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Nanobit d.o.o.
- © Nanobit d.o.o.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.