CameraSim for iPhone
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
For iPhone 4, iPod Touch (4th gen), and iPhone 4S: Learn by doing! CameraSim shows you how to use your DLSR camera!
This is the enhanced version of my DSLR learning tool featured by Wired, USAToday, Engadget, Gizmodo, Lifehacker, PCWorld, and MacWorld that is rapidly approaching 1 million “stumbles” by the StumbleUpon community.
CameraSim visually explains the controls of a DLSR camera. Using a specially designed example image, CameraSim lets you experience the effects of various settings.
★ SEE THE EFFECTS OF...
• Shutter speed
• Focal length
• ‘Camera shake’ blur
• Tripod stabilization
• Subject motion blur
• Over- and under-exposure
• Exposure priority modes
★ DESIGNED FOR NEWBIES
• Experiment with wildly different settings and see how each affects the final “photo”
• Get instant feedback about your “photo:” see what you did right, or get advice on how your settings can be improved
• Observe the effects of preset example settings, or experiment with settings of your own
★ IDEAL FOR INSTRUCTORS
• Provides an interactive visual aid that demonstrates principles of photography to students
CameraSim is a fun and engaging way to demystify your DLSR camera!
Please note that CameraSim is currently in ENGLISH ONLY, but I have other translations on the way!
What's New in Version 1.0.2
Added support for IOS 6
Great App, minor tweaks needed
Love the app! It needs more shooting scenes: such as practice portraits, moving shots, macro, different light settings (back lit subjects, etc…)
Example: Practice shooting waterfalls (slow shutter VS very fast)
It would be really great to make it give tutorials on your specific camera, so you can learn more features on how to adjust for a shot.
Waiting for more features on next update
This is a perfect simulator. I wonder why some expect this to be a real cam! This is just a simulator to show basics of DSLR cams.
Other than what I request from the title, it's really great. If my professor is sharing this app with us in college to help us explain the basic principles of taking a photo, I'm pretty sure that's worth saying something.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Oct 03, 2012
- Version: 1.0.2
- Size: 13.6 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Tuitive, LLC
- © Tuitive LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPad, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), and iPod touch (5th generation).