Canary is home security made simple. The Canary app works with our security devices to connect your home to your phone, allowing you to view and protect those that matter most.
Monitor your home: Watch live or recorded HD videos day or night. Access Canary’s timeline for a living history of your home. Save and bookmark your favorite clips.
Intelligent notifications: When Canary identifies something out of the ordinary, you’ll get a notification with recorded HD video of the event, as well as the option to watch live.
Automatic arming: Canary changes modes when you come and go. No complicated keypads or codes to remember.
When all members are away Canary monitors for activity and sends notifications
When a member is home Canary is customizable. You can set notification and privacy preferences.
Schedule Canary to monitor for activity while you sleep.
Camera and microphone are completely off.
Emergency Options: Respond to incidents directly from the Canary app. Trigger the 90 decibel siren, or be connected directly to your home’s local emergency responders.
A healthier home: Canary’s HomeHealth Technology™ monitors indoor air quality, temperature, and humidity. It all adds up to a smarter and safer home.
Love your Canary? We read and appreciate every single review. Want to suggest a feature?
Get in touch!
From time to time, the Canary auto-mode switching feature may briefly access your GPS in order to have high confidence in your location. Battery life is very important to us and we do many things to ensure we use it sparingly. Please be aware that continued use of GPS services running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Canary wishes you a happy and safe holiday season.
- Various bug fixes and stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Actual 150 dollar piece of garbage. Does not detect motion or send alerts. This company is a total joke. If there wasn’t a bunch of fake positive reviews holding this app at 3 stars it would have an overall 1 star rating. It is highly doubtful any updates that make a difference will ever be released. This camera honestly isn't even good enough to be considered a chew toy for your dog. Then they want a monthly subscription to access a bunch of services that DONT work??? Well... if they are good at one thing its scamming people’s money by selling them trash disguised as a “product”... it’s really too bad their skillset isn’t in making security cameras.
Does not recognize location
I am in NY, it picks up my location as SFO and sends signals based on PST time zone. No easy way to change the location.
It’s a camera with motion detection (free version). Everything is an up sell for this company. Simple features like two way audio communication, desktop mode and even to download the short clip are paid features.
I’ll more than likely bight the bullet and move to Arlo, which is more expensive, but pays for itself over time.
- Canary Connect Inc.
- 147.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2014
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.