Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Famous boardgame and great iOS experience, with expansions as in-app purchases.
"iPhone Game of the Year", iTunes Rewind Germany.
"The single best board game experience in the App Store", gamezebo
"Carcassonne does just about everything right on the iPhone", ars technica
"It is quite simply one of the most polished games on the platform", wired.com
"There's nothing like a sneaky farmer to push you across the winning line", Edge Magazine
"Beautiful and intuitive", joystiq
"Carcassonne is as good as it gets", EGM
"Of all the tabletop games I have played on my iPad while pooping, nothing has as much time invested in it as Carcassonne", Wil Wheaton
Play the original award winning board game Carcassonne with friends, family, or other board game enthusiasts - online or offline.
Build a medieval landscape, tile by tile, claim landmarks with your followers and score points. As a winner of the prestigious "Spiel des Jahres" award in 2001, the game allows for a plethora of play styles and strategies. If you like social gaming or board games you will love Carcassonne!
• Official Carcassonne game with original artwork
• Universal App - Buy once, play on iPad and iPhone
• Expansions available via In-App-Purchase
• "The River" adds a new strategic element to the game play
• "Inns and Cathedrals" adds a double follower and tiles to upvalue cities and roads.
• "Traders & Builders" with trade-goods, pigs and builders.
• "Princess & Dragon" with dragon, princess, fairy and magic portals.
• "Phantom" adds the phantom, a game piece you can place in addition to other followers.
• "Winter" with a new theme, tiles, and the Gingerbread Man.
• "Double Base Tile Set" adds the possibility to play with twice the amount of base game (or winter) cards.
• Easy mode that does not count Fields, ideal for Kids
• 9 different AI players: (Hans, Count, Countess, Maid, Servant, Juggler, Fortune Teller, Witch and Warlock)
• Play with up to five players passing one device around
• Unique Solitaire mode
• Local network play
• Internet multiplayer with Push Notifications
• Online and offline ranking
• Game Center Achievements
• Comprehensive in-game manual
• Tutorials with voice acting
• Compete for the best score in Solitaire Game of the Week
• Chat function for Internet and local network games
• Play with Game Center friends
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
• How do I redownload my Expansions?
You can restore your purchases free of charge in the app's purchases menu. (The treasure chest in the main menu.)
• Help! I’m trapped in a menu screen!
Try opening http://carcassonneapp.com/cleanup.html in your iPad’s or iPhone’s Safari.
• What about more Expansions?
We are continuing to work on further expansions. Please don't hesitate to tell us which one you'd like to see next!
• Can I play asynchronously?
Yes. In "Play with Friends" you can leave the app and will be notified when it's your turn again. No pressure though, unlike "Quick Play" there are no time limits.
• Can I play against my familiy or friends by passing the device around?
Yes, of course. Up to five players can play on the same device.
• Do I need to buy the expansions to participate in a game with expansions?
If you are playing local network multiplayer you can share an expansion with your opponents. To play online multiplayer, you need to buy the expansion to play with it.
• Can I play with expansions in quick play?
Yes. However currently we limit the combinations of the expansions in quick play to avoid fragmentation of the player base and longer waiting times for games. We try to give three or four useful combinations for quick play. There is also the "Automatic" category that tries to match you up with anyone who wants to play right now.
What's New in Version 4.13
• Fixed an issue preventing phantom placement in some cases
• Fixed crash when selecting contacts from the address book
• Detailed scoring no longer shows icon for pigs on field when playing without the pig
Revising my review from 5 to 1. I bought the game and all expansions. I played them and enjoyed them immensely. Sometime in winter 2014 an update was introduced which leads to constant crashes (more than once per game) on both my iPhone and iPad. Don't buy this game -- it may run on your hardware now but it may not in the future. It's not really a purchase -- it's a rental for an undefined period.
Updating to say that the frequent crashes are STILL a problem after upgrading to a new iPhone 6s.
DEVS PLEASE READ
I really can't emphasize enough how GREAT it would be to make an update where the screen can be turned vertically. This game would be perfect for that, as I often don't want to go into "gaming mode," having to turn my screen horizontally- would be awesome on bus rides. Thanks! Great app otherwise.
I love Carcassonne, but for $10, I am disappointed in what you get for this app. No options to play against a computer AI; solitaire is a different game all together. No options to play offline. And all of the expansions are a pretty hefty sum considering what you've already spent on the app. I was expecting more for such a price tag.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Feb 26, 2016
- Version: 4.13
- Size: 275 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: TheCodingMonkeys
- © 2010 TheCodingMonkeys & Hans im Glück Verlag
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Inns & Cathedrals$1.99
- Traders & Builders$1.99
- Princess & Dragon$1.99
- 5th Anniversary Bundle$4.99
- Double Base Tile Set$0.99