CarTunes Music Player
By Ryan Oksenhorn
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
CarTunes is the freshest iOS music player, designed entirely for touch. Control your music with swipes, taps, and pinches. CarTunes is ideal for listening to music anytime! At the gym, on the road, or lying in bed.
With more than 1 million downloads, CarTunes is a #1 App internationally! Rated ★★★★★ by hundreds of reviewers! See what everyone's raving about:
♪ Controlling your music couldn't be easier!
- Full gesture control
- Tap anywhere to play & pause music
- Flick to change tracks
- Slide to change volume
- Pull down to instantly tweet
- Two-finger flick to shuffle
- Slide to seek forward and backward
- Pinch to play current song's album or artist
♪ Runs full screen on your iPhone or iPad
- Full iPhone 5 support!
- There is NO better way to see, hear, and control your music than with CarTunes
- HD Retina graphics custom for iPhone and iPad
- Great on the large iPad, great in your pocket
♪ Tweet your music easier than ever
- CarTunes auto-fills a tweet with the current artist and the gorgeous album artwork
- Just pull down to tweet the current song
♪ Your music never looked so good!
- Gorgeous full-screen artwork
- HD Retina graphics
- Colors & visuals adapt dynamically to match each song
- Change the font to match the mood of your music
- View a wall of album artwork for choosing music
- Tweet your music with the album artwork attached
- Optimized for both iPhone and iPad screens
♪ Choose your music with just a tap!
- Instantly access your full library with one flick
- Innovative design & interface
- Find your music by its artwork
- Sort by songs, albums, artists, playlists, & podcasts
- View your music in a gorgeous grid of artwork
- Music keeps playing when you close the app
♪ Tons more features included
- Gesture customization
- Appearance settings
- Auto-play and auto-pause
- New features coming each week!
What's New in Version 6.3.1
CarTunes no longer pauses your music on launch. Sorry about that, folks!
Thank you thank you thank you! I have finally rediscovered my music library!
My biggest complaint about Apple's music player is that it has no concept of what "shuffle" really is! I have over 3000 songs on my iPhone and when I shuffle, the same 8 songs cone up over and over again - sometimes back to back! And in between, a random song - but the same one as if any of the several albums in my library only had one song on them. It was quite aggravating. But the randomizer isn't the only plus, I love the interface! I do a lot of driving and the last thing I want to do is divert my attention from the road just to fumble with my music - the swipes make it so easy (and so much safer!!) to use. I can change tunes without even looking. Excellent APP and well worth the investment - A "must have" especially if you do a lot of driving.
Does almost all I need
I have come to rely on this app. It does almost everything I need. But if it were more customizable and had the ability to do a true scrub through a track (think long podcasts if you accidentally put yourself back at the beginning).
It would be perfect if I could assign any gesture to any function. For example I do not need the social media interactions, so I would like to be able to attach more playback controls to those gestures. That way I could have both 30-second and 2-minute fast forward and reverse. Also I would like to be able to swap fast forward/reverse with next/previous track.
I have definitely gotten my money's worth already; these changes would make it practically perfect.
Downloads can't be deleted
This app downloads iCloud music to the phone and as far as I can tell, the songs downloaded can't be deleted off the phone. Why that results in two stars from me and deleting the app from my phone: I don't have my iTunes library on my phone to save space. I thought this app would access iCloud music and play it (which it does). But I end up with songs that take up space now and can't be deleted (manually in phone or using desktop iTunes). Some of the songs were "rediscovered" thanks to the app's superior ability at shuffling. I'm reminded why I don't listen to some of those songs, but they are permanently in my iPhone now. I've switched to Google's Play Music app. Uploaded entire music library for free and streams when I want it. I'll forget that I downloaded this app (almost, I'll be reminded whenever I see songs in the music app that I don't want on my phone).
- Category: Music
- Updated: Feb 12, 2013
- Version: 6.3.1
- Size: 0.6 MB
- Seller: Ryan Oksenhorn
- © None
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.