Castbox is a powerful podcast player with a super clean layout and easy to navigate interface.
Listen to over 50 million podcasts episodes from over 70 different countries and languages. Stream or download your favorite podcasts anywhere and anytime with just one tap.
- Powerful search engine to help you find your favorite podcasts easily
- Personalized recommendations based on your listening and subscription history
- Effortless streaming and downloading audio content
- Full support for cross-device syncing
- Discover new and top podcasts from Castbox’s daily popular lists
- Subscribe to your favorite channels with one tap and never miss an episode
- Use Castbox’s sleep timer to fall asleep
- Adjust playback speed to accommodate your listening habits
Brand New: In-Audio Search
- Our brand new In-Audio Search function can help you identify more relevant audio based on keywords and phrases within audio files
- To make finding audio content that best matches your search queries easier, your search keywords will be highlighted in each search result,
- The advanced search function can locate the time when a word is used within the audio and bring you to that exact sentence
- The In-Audio Search function is combined with machine learning to surface personalized podcast results
- The more you use Castbox, the smarter your search results will be
With the latest version installed, Castbox will appear on any CarPlay-compatible in-dash receiver when connected, allowing for a faster and easier playback control.
Download Castbox for all your podcast, radio, audiobook and audio needs:
- Accelerate your professional and personal growth
- Laugh and be entertained by your favorite comedians when you’re on the road
- Learn new things with science and life advice programs
- Get fluent in Spanish, French, Russian, Chinese, and other languages
- Stay updated with the latest news
- Explore thousands of audiobooks like Harry Potter
- Amazon Echo support! Say “Alexa, play my podcasts on Castbox”, then your podcasts will start playing.
1. Length of subscription: 1 month
2. Price of subscription:
Castbox Premium -- $0.99/month;
Future Shock Premium -- $4.99/month;
The Paracast Premium--$4.99/month;
The Tech Night Owl LIVE Premium--$4.99/month.
3. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
4. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
5. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
Get in touch:
Let us know what you’re listening to and share your feedback with us.
Visit our website: www.castbox.fm
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/castbox.fm
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Castbox_FM
Contact us: email@example.com
Topics you can listen to on Castbox:
Arts, Business, Comedy, Humor & Satire, Education, Games & Hobbies, Government & Organizations, Health & Medicine, Kids & Family, Literature, Music, News & Politics, Religion & Spirituality, Science & Technology, Sports & Recreation, Society & Culture, TV & Film
1. Overall optimized the logic of underlying data and system, enhancing app's performance.
2. Optimized UI.
3. Stability performance improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Is this the one?
It might be the one. Like many people, from time to time I just get too frustrated with Apple’s Podcasts app and I go searching for something better. I think I’ve tried basically every alternative, and there’s always some reason why I go back to Apple. But Apple just can’t seem to get it right. I don’t understand. I really like Apple products and software design in general.
Anyway, I’ve only just started using this one, but it appears it’s just perfect for me. It’s got the right balance of clean, attractive design, easy usability, and general features. It doesn’t have the fullest set of features out there, but I have found that the ones that do are just more complicated than what I want to deal with for podcast management.
For me, I like a clean interface, intuitive management of downloads and playlists, and, most important, a great searching platform that makes it easy to find both podcasts to subscribe to but also individual episodes that feature people or subjects I’m interested in. This one seems to have it all—and no ads! (My other favorite, “Podcast App,” was just as good but had annoying full screen pop-up ads.)
Hi, we really appreciate your kind words. Your support means so much to us, and we always welcome any future feedback or comments you may have. We will continue to update our app, add more features, make CastBox better and better for you, and strive to deliver the best user experience around. Thank you very much for your kind support! :-) - Sarah
Wanted to replace Apple Podcasts but Nope
Really wanted to like this app. Mostly because some podcasts I listen to are partnered with Castbox, so it would benefit them to listen through Castbox instead of Apple Podcasts. Anyway, here is why I am going back to Apple podcast and deleting Castbox:
1.) If you’re in the car and listening to a podcast on Castbox, the podcast will not pause during the Maps instructions. So you can count on every 1-3 mins missing about 5 words of what your podcast is saying if you’re not on the highway. I looked through the settings and couldn’t find a way to pause the podcast during Map instructions.
2.) First two pages are “discover pages”. I like the “Subscribed” but it would be nice if the “Listen” page showed your recently updated podcasts. Also, “Subscribed” is not in order from most recent uploads, so it’s easy to miss a new podcast if you don’t scroll down and look for the tiny orange “1”. Also, if you want to change the discover page or anything you have to pay.
Overall, good app but is not a replacement for Apple podcasts. You don’t have to pay for Apple Podcasts, and you don’t have to discover new podcasts unless you want to. In app purchases is a no-go considering podcasts are free
Hi, we are very sorry for such inconvenience. We have forwarded your requests to our product team and development team, and will continue to update our app to deliver better user experience. You may find recently updated episodes in "Listen" - "New Releases". If you are using iPhone 6s and later models, 3D Touch is supported by long pressing the app icon on your phone home screen, five shortcuts will come out - "Downloaded", "New Releases", "Playlist", "Subscribed" and "Share Castbox". For more info, please feel free to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will try our best to make the app better for you. Hopefully you could give us another chance. Thank you very much for the support and understanding! :-) - Teresa
Mostly fixed, but still better than anything else!
I've tried quite a few podcast options in the wake of Apple's "upgrades". My priorities are large volume queue management for about 40 podcasts that I am either caught up with or listening through their back-log. This app does that wonderfully. The tools are all there with common sense features to allow easy and safe handling of all your episodes. My queue is usually around the 200 episode mark and I have no issue organizing the episodes.
I say mostly fixed as there's a few sequencing errors where returning to the app and hitting play won't actually start your queue, but these are easy to work around and don't get in the way too much.
There's also one or two podcasts that I've found that turn up errors when trying to listen or load their pages, but I still have the Apple podcasts app and it had to be useful for something, right?
Hi, thank you very much for your feedback. Could you please kindly update your Castbox to the newest version - v4.8? We have made great improvements in this version. Please give it a try, and if anything, please feel free to reach us at email@example.com. As a startup, each review matters very much to us. Looking forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks again for your kind support! :-) - Teresa
- Guru Network Limited
- 97.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © Guru Network Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Castbox Premium $0.99
- Castbox Premium Promo 180 $0.99
- Wondery+ $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.