Looking for an intuitive Podcast App & Podcast Player? Get Castbox, enjoy podcasts, radio, FM, audio books like never before!
Castbox is an easy to use podcast player, offering a super clean layout and easy to navigate interface. With a variety of podcasts to choose from, you can stream or download your favorite podcasts anywhere, anytime.
■ Listen to over 50 million episodes of podcasts from 27 different countries on iPhone/Apple Watch. You can find popular podcasts, radio, FM, audio books on various topics including:
- News & Politics: CNN 10, NPR News Now, Fox News Radio Newscast, The Overcast by The Seattle Times
- Music: Dissect from Cole Cuchna & Spotify Studios; Defected Radio; Capital FM
- Games & Hobbies: Wolverine: The Lost Trail from Stitcher, Shazam Cast;
- Sports: The Ringer MLB Show, MLB Network, The Chicago Audible
- Technology: The Overcast Podcast, This Week in Google, Google Cloud Platform Podcast
- Talk Shows: Sincerely, X from TED and Audible, On the Media, By The Book from Stitcher
- Business: Social Media Marketing Podcast, Youpreneur FM Podcast
■ Download Castbox as your podcast app & podcast player on iPhone to:
- Accelerate your personal growth with TED Radio Hour
- Laugh out loud with abundant audio contents on your road trip
- Sleep better with guided meditation, nature sounds, ASMR and relaxing sleep atmosphere sounds
- Keep in good health with popular workout programs
- Learn Spanish, French, and other languages
- Stay updated with the top news from NPR, CNN, Fox and more.
- Make more friends by sharing your favorite podcast, radio, FM, and audio books on Facebook/Twitter/Whatsapp/iMessage
■ Super intuitive and easy-to-use podcast app for iPhone with：
- Personalized recommendations
- A powerful search engine that allows you to find your favorite podcasts and episodes effortlessly
- Easy streaming and downloading of podcasts, radio, FM, and audio books
- Smart speakers supported, including Apple HomePod, Amazon Alexa
- Fully support cross-device syncing for iPhone/Apple Watch/Google Devices
- Daily top podcasts list
- One-click subscription and never miss an episode
- Sleep timer to fall asleep soundly
- Adjust playback speed to accommodate your listening habits
- Volume Boost
- Trim Silence
- CarPlay Support
Let us know what podcasts you’re listening to or share your feedback with us.
Visit our website: www.castbox.fm
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/castbox.fm
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/CastBox_FM
Contact us: email@example.com
1. Length of subscription: 1 month
2. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
3. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
4. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
1. Our in-app Podcast Community is here — come join the discussion!
In this version, we added “Community” Tab.
With this new feature, you are able to：
-Create podcast-related posts and share them with your friends;
-Follow your favorite topics;
-Search for posts with keywords.
We hope you enjoy this brand new feature!
2. Optimized CarPlay functionality.
3. Stability performance improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
So much to like about this app but there are several key issues which need to be addressed especially for a premium app.
The biggest and most important is that the app has trouble picking up new episodes and showing them in the new releases section. Maybe it’s because I have a lot of subscriptions but I went through my shows individually and found seven new episodes that the app had not surfaced. Of all the features a podcast app must get right, this is number one. Until this is fixed, I can’t recommend people trust the app.
Secondly, if you share the link to an episode and the person opens it on a computer, they get a nice web interface to listen in. This is a great way to share and to get people curious about the app. Unfortunately, they’ve taken the opposite tactic on mobile. If some one open the link on their phone it forces then to download the app. This is just bad user experience. I can promise that no one ends up downloading the app from a tactic like this. This just click out of the link and never listen to the episode. And as almost 100% of what we share is opened on a phone not a desktop, this makes the user stop sharing. I have. Make the web app available on mobile browsers. More people will share and hence more people will know about castbox.
Developer Response ,
We are glad to tell you that we have fixed the bug of picking up new episodes. It will work well in the next version v4.25. Please stay tuned to the update. We have made great improvements in this version. Please give it a try, and if anything, please feel free to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a startup, every review matters very much to us. If you think of any way we can improve, please don’t hesitate to let us know. Hopefully our continued improvement will earn more stars from you! Thanks for your kind support! :-) - Teresa
Is this the one?
It might be the one. Like many people, from time to time I just get too frustrated with Apple’s Podcasts app and I go searching for something better. I think I’ve tried basically every alternative, and there’s always some reason why I go back to Apple. But Apple just can’t seem to get it right. I don’t understand. I really like Apple products and software design in general.
Anyway, I’ve only just started using this one, but it appears it’s just perfect for me. It’s got the right balance of clean, attractive design, easy usability, and general features. It doesn’t have the fullest set of features out there, but I have found that the ones that do are just more complicated than what I want to deal with for podcast management.
For me, I like a clean interface, intuitive management of downloads and playlists, and, most important, a great searching platform that makes it easy to find both podcasts to subscribe to but also individual episodes that feature people or subjects I’m interested in. This one seems to have it all—and no ads! (My other favorite, “Podcast App,” was just as good but had annoying full screen pop-up ads.)
Developer Response ,
Hi, we really appreciate your kind words. Your support means so much to us, and we always welcome any future feedback or comments you may have. We will continue to update our app, add more features, make CastBox better and better for you, and strive to deliver the best user experience around. Thank you very much for your kind support! :-) - Sarah
Wanted to replace Apple Podcasts but Nope
Really wanted to like this app. Mostly because some podcasts I listen to are partnered with Castbox, so it would benefit them to listen through Castbox instead of Apple Podcasts. Anyway, here is why I am going back to Apple podcast and deleting Castbox:
1.) If you’re in the car and listening to a podcast on Castbox, the podcast will not pause during the Maps instructions. So you can count on every 1-3 mins missing about 5 words of what your podcast is saying if you’re not on the highway. I looked through the settings and couldn’t find a way to pause the podcast during Map instructions.
2.) First two pages are “discover pages”. I like the “Subscribed” but it would be nice if the “Listen” page showed your recently updated podcasts. Also, “Subscribed” is not in order from most recent uploads, so it’s easy to miss a new podcast if you don’t scroll down and look for the tiny orange “1”. Also, if you want to change the discover page or anything you have to pay.
Overall, good app but is not a replacement for Apple podcasts. You don’t have to pay for Apple Podcasts, and you don’t have to discover new podcasts unless you want to. In app purchases is a no-go considering podcasts are free
Developer Response ,
We have just released the newest version v4.23. Now the app will pause during the Maps instructions. Would you like to give us another try? Plus there are more options to sort your subscription including "Time Updated". Looking forward to seeing you back! Your support means so much to us, and we always welcome any feedback or comments you may have. Feel free to reach us at email@example.com. Thank you very much for the support and understanding! :-) - Teresa
- Guru Network Limited
- 124.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © Guru Network Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Castbox Premium $0.99
- Castbox Premium Promo 180 $0.99
- Castbox Premium $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.