Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Catan", the legendary strategy game provides gaming fun anytime, anywhere.
True to the original game, you can compete with up to four players for the most settlements, the longest roads and the largest army. You can trade with each other and claim the precious land with all its resources.
The game allows you to challenge other Catan fans online via cross-platform multiplayer to prove your strategy skills or play against the AI:
Various computer opponents, each with their own individual characteristics, will prove themselves worthy competitors: the pirate Jean, who knows no compromise, Vincent the merchant, who never allows himself to be cheated, Sean the knight, who takes what is rightfully his...
The popular Catan expansions "Seafarers", "Cities and Knights" and two new special scenarios are available as In-App purchases.
The complete Seafarers expansion includes more than 10 additional scenarios with an extensive campaign. Become Harbormaster, discover new islands and extra game elements like ships, gold fields, treasures and pirates. Ahoy!
The Cities and Knights expansion introduces various new gameplay mechanics that add even more variety to Catan. Invest new trade goods in city improvements to build one of the three metropolises of Catan – but beware of the barbarians attracted by Catan’s new wealth! You’ll need your best knights to fend them off! C&K contains a short campaign and 7 challenging maps.
Exciting adventures await you in the two new scenarios "Enchanted Land" and "The Great Canal". Vanquish dragons and bag their treasures or build a canal to help barren grain fields bloom once more.
- Available languages: English, German, French, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese
- Original "Settlers of Catan" rule set
- Update 4.0+: Synchronous online multiplayer games
- Smart computer opponents with individual strategies
- Scrollable game board including zoom option
- Freely combinable game settings
- Game statistics
- Comprehensive tutorial
- Seafarers LITE: New scenario "The 4 Islands" and two additional game variants
- Cities and Knights LITE: Test the new expansion in the scenario “The first Island”
- 3 different graphic sets to choose from
Question: An expansion seems gone after an update or reinstallation of Catan or after restoring the device?
Answer: Don’t worry! Your initial purchase is already saved in your iTunes account. You can restore your InApp purchases by selecting the restore-option in the Catan IAP menu.
Question: I lost my campaign progress after reinstalling, updating or restoring my device. Is there any way to restore it?
Answer: When saved games can’t be automatically restored, we’ve integrated a cheat code: In the campaign mode go to select player and enter „CatanWarp*“ (* = 1–15) as your player name and confirm. Exit the game via the home button and restart it. The campaign can now be continued from the specified level number (1–15). Levels up to the specified number will be unlocked in the custom game mode as well.
Question: Are dice rolls really random?
Answer: Of course! All dice rolls are 100% random and not modified in any way. We’re avid Catan players ourselves. We’ve played the iOS version hundreds of times while developing the program. There have been times when we won and lost a few games in a row because of the dice - just like when playing the board game!
Questions or suggestions for improvements:
Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to your feedback!
Please do not ask your questions in the reviews as we do not have the possibility to respond to you there.
For more information on news and updates: www.usmgames.com
or visit us on www.facebook.com/UnitedSoftMedia and twitter.com/USM_News
What's New in Version 4.6.2
- Fixed some edge case bugs with 'brawn before brains' achievement
- Fixes and optimizations regarding game almanac
- Various smaller tweaks, bugfixes and optimizations
Classic strategy game
This is a lovable game in itself. Even better now that it is on a platform instead of the kitchen table. It needs an update for online matches. There are pauses online, difficulty with the ready matchmaking button, and you need some sort of reminder or way to poke people on their turn. I think sometimes people just close the app on their phone and you don't find out the game is over until you've waited patiently for them to finish a turn that will never happen.
I've made additional purchases in the store and when I've put almost $15 into it I want some updates for the crashes, game improvements, and better seamless online play.
Good but could be great
Lets start with the things to improve:
1. There should be a chat feature. Or at least some pre-loaded phrases you can have display to your opponents like "Go already!" Or "Are you still there?" Or "Don't trade with him, he's got 8 points!" Things like that.
2. There should be a way to block players and friend players.
3. When someone is trading in resources, you can't really see whats going out and coming in. The screen should say "He traded 4 sheep for an Ore" since in real life games you'd see and know that.
4. Add more emoticons. There aren't quite enough to express all the emotions of a game.
5. Add a digital version of the resource reference card for newbies to remember whats needed for cities and settlements etc.
6. Make the 4 player colors totally distinct. Red Blue White Black would be best to tell colors apart on small screens
Onto whats good: its a simple, easy to play format that is pretty addicting. They have an easy way to communicate desired trades. Games can move quick with focused players.
Loved the board game the first time I played. I'm not a die hard Catan fan so I don't know all the rules and strategies yet. The app for me doesn't explain in a simple manner how to get each victory point in each different Catan map. When playing I don't like being able to clearly see what cards/points the other players have. I haven't found a place to explain the symbols by each member face either. One last point( not a huge deal) no back button. Sometimes I make a mistake by accident and immediately want to take it back(fat finger syndrome) but can't. I still play the game a lot just wish some aspects were more clear.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jan 18, 2017
- Version: 4.6.2
- Size: 376 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: United Soft Media Verlag GmbH
- © 2010-2017 United Soft Media Verlag GmbH, Munich; Catan GmbH.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Seafarers$4.99
- All-expansions Bundle$9.99
- Cities & Knights$4.99
- The new scenarios$1.99
- Catan - The Islands$1.99