By Big Daddy's Creations
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The year is 1289. To strengthen the borders of the Kingdom of France, King Philip the Fair decided to have a new castle built. For the time being, Caylus is but a humble village, but soon, workers and craftsmen will be flocking by the cartload, attracted by the great prospects. Around the building site, a city is slowly rising up…
The players embody master builders. By building the King’s castle and developing the city around it, they earn prestige points and gain the King’s favour. When the castle is finished, the player who has earned the most prestige wins the game.
* Pass & Play mode for playing on one device with your friends
* multiple AI players, every with a different strategy
* asynchronous multiplayer with push notifications
* challenging gameplay
* amazing hand drawn artwork
Caylus received multiple awards:
* 2011 Juego del Año Tico Nominee
* 2006 International Gamers Award winner
* 2006 Deutscher Spiele Preis winner
* 2006 Nederlandse Spellenprijs winner
* 2006 Spiel des Jahres winner, Special Award for Complex Game
* 2006 BoardGameGeek Golden Geek winner, Game of the Year’ and Best Gamer’s Game
* 2006 Hra roku (Czech Game of the Year) nominee
* 2005 Tric Trac d’or (France), Game of the Year, Winner
* 2005 Meeples’ Choice Award winner
What's New in Version 1.2.0
- iPhone 6/6 Plus support
- iPad 2 & iPad Mini layout issues fixed
- Scoring crash fixed.
Great on iPad only
I've played this both on my wife's iPad, as well as my iPhone 6 plus. The game is exactly the same except the AI is useless on the iPhone.
The iPad version has pretty challenging AI for a newbie like myself.
I hope the AI on the iPhone can be fixed, as time on my wife's iPad is limited😊
Started an Internet multiplayer game. Played a few turns successfully over the course of a week. Tried getting back in the game to take a turn, and now the app just crashes.
Computer AI is busted
I love the game, but playing it recently I have noticed that the AI is completely busted. Each cpu player will only go for coin moves and then ends their turn when all the spaces are used. Completely unplayable, please fix!!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jan 22, 2015
- Version: 1.2.0
- Size: 207 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Big Daddy's Creations, Wspolnik S.C.
- © 2012 Big Daddy's Creations
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.