By CBS Interactive
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Stay on top of all the latest news with the CBS News app – now available for free on iPhone or iPod touch at the App Store. The CBS News app provides comprehensive, award-winning coverage of local, national and worldwide breaking news. Get the latest articles and videos from CBS Evening News, 60 Minutes, 48 Hours, CBS This Morning, and other trusted CBS News programs. Enjoy immediate, up-to-the-minute news coverage in one convenient, fast app.
• All the latest news – delivered to your phone in real time
• Articles, videos and photos from your favorite CBS News shows including Evening News, 60 Minutes, and more
• Live streaming audio from CBS Radio News
• CBS News Twitter updates that reflect and comment on the latest news trends
• Ability to save content to your phone for later offline viewing
• Share articles – or even the app itself – via email, Facebook and Twitter
What's New in Version 2.8
• Added Closed Captioning support for some videos
• Fixed some data issues preventing some story sections to load
• Bug fixes
Ok content; app is so so.
Sometimes the app goes unresponsive. Others, I have to click 'more articles' four to six times for it to load only a single article.
In the middle of every article there is some sort of weird out of place description. For instance, one article has 'CBS' at the top of every fourth paragraph. Another just randomly says '19 photos' and another says 'play video politics.' They seem to be meta tag descriptions, but in these articles there are no photos or videos.
I have been using this app for a while and i find it very useful for reading accurate articles about the right information that I need to know daily! The problem is, is that the videos are like they don't even exist! When I click on a video, the page just goes blank and I just have to NOT watch the video! Please fix the videos and then I'll be happier than I was when I got the app!
Video is broken
If you just want to read article this is a good app. However with the latest update the broke the video capability. You can watch one video with no problem, but then at the end of the video the screen goes black and the application is completely locked up unless you uninstall and reinstall the app or turn off your phone and then restart it.
CBS come on don't you test your applications? This is an a obvious bug that happens all the time.
- Category: News
- Updated: May 02, 2013
- Version: 2.8
- Size: 9.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: CBS Mobile
- © 2012 CBS Interactive Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.