Charts&Tides (US East)
By Navimatics Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Charts&Tides is the first full resolution, seamless charting iPad app for marine navigation with full compatibility for the iPhone. Purchase Charts&Tides for one low price and run the software on your iPad and your iPhone. It's like getting two apps for the price of one.
Charts&Tides makes the perfect companion to your onboard navigation system. It offers a secondary navigation solution for backup and alternate views, and provides the most comprehensive point of interest (POI) data available with support for ActiveCaptain markers. Always know where you are and what's up ahead. And with the addition of offline updating and reviews you can contribute your knowledge and experience to ActiveCaptain right from your iPad and iPhone.
- Supports standard NOAA vector charts for accurate data.
- All chart data is built-in and automatically updated with program updates ensuring you have up-to-date navigation information.
- The only true heads-up display instantly rotates your chart as your boat turns, including text, making it the most readable display available.
- Chart quilting for seamless display as you move chart to chart so you always know what's ahead.
- Stores the entire ActiveCaptain database offline providing you with instant access to the most accurate guidebook (marinas, anchorages, hazards, bridges, reviews, plus a lot more) allowing you to plan you boating adventures with confidence.
- Contribute updates, additions, and reviews to ActiveCaptain right from your iPad and iPhone.
- Fully synchronizes the offline POI database with the ActiveCaptain server when you have an internet connection so you can have the latest information possible.
- Built-in search mode for finding any location, marina, bridge or other navigation items quickly.
- 3D Bathymetry view for a different perspective of your navigation surroundings.
- Plus integrated tides/currents, weather, sun/moon calendar and much more.
For half the price of a single paper guidebook, you can purchase Charts&Tides today and receive a full featured navigation program for your iPad AND your iPhone along with the most comprehensive guidebook available anywhere.
COVERAGE: This product includes the data for the US East Coast including all of Florida. The product does not include any Canadian coverage. For Canadian coverage look into our US & Canada East product.
Visit our website for more detailed coverage.
What's New in Version 4.7.13203
Chart Edition: Jul 8, 2013
Best marine app now updated with 64 bit support, much faster
I've used this app for the last three years in passages from NY to Key West on the ICW. I've bought every navigation app on the market, this one is the best:
- Best display of Active Captain data of any app and you can make AC changes within the app. AC data is stored within the app, no internet needed.
- The new charts for 2015 are excellent, good detail without clutter. With the 2015 update there are no longer any missing areas (NOAA finally updated all their ENC Charts).
- Routes can be imported and exported in GPX format.
- Labels are now shown on the charts for buoys, hazards markers, marina names, islands, cities, etc. Very convenient for quickly locating nearby points of interest.
- Best distance calculator. Just tap the screen to start and then tap out your route with turns, etc. The total distance is then shown. Most apps just have point A to point B calculators.
- Best search function of any app (and I've used them all) and it works off-line.
- Tides and currents icons with the present tide height or current are shown on the charts and can be accessed with a tap for any date.
- Boat speed to tenth of a knot is shown along with heading.
- Some current stations are missing
Buy this app, you cannot go wrong!
Well worth it!
This is a terrific app, and it would be a bargain at twice the cost. I have and use both the iPad and iPhone versions. The charts are accurate and the GPS feature means you always know where you are. Integrated with Active Captain, you have a wealth of knowledge at your fingertips about anchorages, marinas, shoaling, etc. Drop waypoints and navigate to them - simple. The speed over ground feature is more accurate than the Raymarine instrument I just installed. Measure distances accurately and easily with two taps - this is invaluable.
I have used this app to go to an anchorage that I have never been to - in the dark! Have used this to navigate to many places and it has never let me down. I never go out on the water without this app!
Good all around back up system - potential for even better, if I can figure out how to activate all functions.
If Active Captain Integration words as advertised, it would rate 5+ Stars.
I will review again after I figure out how to get it all working.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jul 26, 2013
- Version: 4.7.13203
- Size: 310 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Navimatics Corporation
- © 2008-2013 Navimatics Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.