By FlipSide5, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Play Checkers against your friends ONLINE!
The best graphics and the most fully functional Checkers in the App Store. Not just the best Checkers, but the best board game in the App Store.
“Flipside 5 has an uncanny ability to take traditional games, add fantastic graphics, make excellent use of the touch screen and accelerometer, and end up with great games that are a whole lot of fun to play.”
• 1-person play against 5 different computer opponents
• 2-person play on one iPhone or iPod Touch
• peer-to-peer play over bluetooth or WiFi
• online play over the Internet vs. a random player (via WiFi, EDGE or 3G)
• online play over the Internet against your AIM buddies
• iPhone OS 3.0 Push Notifications
• Standard Play (forced jumps)
• Casual Play (non-forced jumps)
• Player Ratings based on an Elo Rating System
• Records kept of wins and losses
• Online Rating Leader Board
• Online Play Frequency Leader Board - Play More!
• Players can request a tie, if both agree
• The Moderator may award the win if you're ahead and ask
• You can concede if you don't think you can win
• Did you miss the last move? Tap "replay".
• Are you playing 1-person? Undo your moves and try something else.
Some blokes call this English Draughts.
NOTE: The PAID version does not contain advertisements and will select an opponent closest to your ranking instead of a random player for online games.
What's New in Version 3.1.0
Holiday theme checkerboard and checkerboard pieces! Turn on or off the theme if you wish.
Upgrade to the "paid" version from within app. This will remove the ads.
It actually works!
I know that for most people it crashes, but besides the fact that it has trouble finding opponents (it may just be the fact that nobody plays because it always crashes for them), it works very well for me.
If I had one suggestion, it would be that it makes me jump whenever there is an opportunity to jump. Other than that, it is a very good checkers app.
I really want to like it....
This has all the trappings of a great checkers game, except that I can't play it! Most of the time it quits and launches the App Store a couple seconds after loading; most of the test of the time it crashes before I can get very far. I've played maybe 2 games on this app, which is a pity because it looks really good otherwise. But if the developer won't fix it after years of people complaining about its being broken, it's not worth anyone's time, let alone money.
While this app does crash (although not as often as reviews would make out - but ALWAYS when you are winning), there is another problem ... You can't upgrade it! You can buy it with no problem, however when you get to "upgrade in progress" it never finishes. After trying 3 times (with a full signal), I gave up and got a refund after 15 minutes each time. Have fun with the free version, but don't upgrade!!!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 08, 2009
- Version: 3.1.0
- Size: 8.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: FlipSide5, Inc.
- © 2009 FlipSide5, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Checkers Upgrade$1.99