By Mick West
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
It's not a dictionary, it's not a spell-checker, CheckWord simply checks if a word is good or bad in games like Scrabble. Quicker than using a dictionary, easier than using a computer. Ideal for for both casual and tournament use. Comes with "MakeWords" the easiest and most powerful word generator and wild-card pattern matcher available.
- Uses the latest TWL, SOWPODS, CSW and WWF word lists
- TWL 2006, with 178,691 words for North America
- SOWPODS/CSW07 2006, with 267,751 words for international play
- FRENCH 2012, with 386,264 words for games in français
- WWF 4.09, with 173,123 words playable in Words With Friends
- CSW12 270,163 words from AA to ZZZS
- No internet connection needed, so you can be in airplane mode
- Instant results, just type in the word and hit the search button
- Judge multiple words at once, according to tournament rules.
- Generate words from your letters and board letters
- Solve crosswords by entering in the known letters
- Make anagrams, find words and make word lists with wild-card searches
What's New in Version 1.6
Updated French word list to 2012 version. Now with 386,264 words.
Best whatever this is There Is!
The interface is a bit plain, but that no doubt helps it load fast and work faster. Nothing fancy, just all the words you need. And the MAKEWORDS function seems to be the only one that lets you search both your rack AND a pattern at the same time. All of the others I've seen only do one or the other.
Worth every penny. A true 5-star app!
Can we have a high-res icon, though? :)
Great app for checking words and finding new combinations. I use it to expand my knowledge of words for playing Scrabble. Definitions would be an awesome feature!
Note from a developer to the developer: please upload a hi-res app icon and set it in your plist file! The current one looks pixelated on the retina display.
Perfect and simple. The info you need without the pornstar.