Chess - Play & Learn
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Play chess with millions of players around the world! Enjoy free unlimited games and improve your chess rating with 50,000+ tactics puzzles, interactive lessons and videos, and a powerful computer opponent. Unlock your inner chess master today!
- Challenge your friends and chat with opponents
- Play real-time blitz or daily correspondence chess
- Solve more than 65,000 puzzles
- Adjusts to your skill level to help you improve
- Thousands of videos and interactive lessons from top Grandmasters
- Interactive tutorials with helpful tips and highlights
- Adjust the computer's strength
- Analyze your game to learn what went wrong
… AND MORE
- Daily articles by top authors and coaches like IM Jeremy Silman
- Opening explorer helps you learn and play the right openings
- Make friends & send messages
- 20+ gorgeous themes for boards, pieces, and backgrounds
- Detailed performance stats and ratings
- Active community forum
Also available in the app:
$4.99 USD monthly, $29.99 USD annually
More Puzzles, Lessons and Tournaments! No ads.
$6.99 USD monthly, $49.99 USD annually
Full access to Tactics, Tournaments, and more! No ads.
$14.99 USD monthly, $99.99 USD annually
Unlimited access to all features for playing, training and learning. No ads.
* Prices may vary by location.
Chess.com is built by chess players and enthusiasts who really love chess!
What's New in Version 3.7.8
This update includes bug fixes and minor improvements. We hope you love it! If so, please consider giving this version a fresh five-star review in the App Store. We really appreciate it!
Learn how to play chess, anywhere
When my daughter first expressed interest in her school’s chess club, I was nervous. How was she going to practice without a parent at home to play against? After some research, I bought a premium membership for this app. I haven’t been disappointed. I can practice anywhere - in bed, on the can, etc.
I’m slowly stepping up the AI difficulty and hope to feel confident enough to start playing against human opponents soon. If you have the cash, this is a great learning tool.
Definitely the best chess program around
No nonsense or annoying ads. No "beggars" asking to take moves back, which is really good for them so they can learn from their mistakes. No glitches and works all over the globe.
The best chess app there is!
I’ve tried a few and this is my favorite by far.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 12, 2017
- Version: 3.7.8
- Size: 85.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Pashto, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tajik, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Turkmen, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese
- Seller: Chess.com, LLC
- © 2011 Chess.com, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Diamond Membership - 1 Month$13.99
- Platinum Membership - 1 Month$6.99
- Gold Membership - 1 Year$28.99
- Gold Membership - 1 Month$4.99
- Diamond Membership$99.99
- Diamond Membership - 1 Year$99.99
- Platinum Membership - 1 Year$48.99
- Diamond Membership$14.99
- Gold Membership$29.99
- Platinum Membership$6.99