Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Chess is #1 popular game in the world. According to FIDE, about 600 million people play chess and it is the most widespread game on the planet.
"The Game of Chess is not merely an idle amusement; several very valuable qualities of the mind, useful in the course of human life, are to be acquired and strengthened by it, so as to become habits ready on all occasions..."
(Benjamin Franklin, scientist)
- HD graphics for iPhone 5 and the new iPad retina display
- 5 levels of difficulty
- hint option to find out the best next move
- play either white or black
- play against the computer or a friend
- 2D and 3D themes for chess pieces
- unlimited ability to undo moves
- AI quick response time
- time control (5, 15, 30 or 60 minutes)
- animated moves
- highlight legal moves
- easy to use interface design
- ability to go back to any previous position in the game
- auto-save when exit or phone ring
- view captured pieces
- full game history with chess notation
- change the appearance of the board
- ability to listen music in background
Play one of the oldest and most enjoyable games in the world!
What's New in Version 3.6
Minor interface changes.
So I was just playing normally and making a video, and I wasn't winning. But, I made a move that would've in the future made me win. The enemies's bishop moved......and turned into a king! I looked over to the king next to the queen, and saw that another knight had been shape shifted into a king as well! What happened? Three kings? I caught this all on video and was stunned. I got a screenshot and couldn't even say anything. Then, I was put in check. I restarted the game, and began another one. I moved my pawn, my bishop, and my knight. I decided to move my queen, but it said I could move two spaces to the side. I'm a beginner at chess, but I'm pretty sure you can't move your queen two spaces!
This chess app is really good but you should definitely try there checkers app too
This game is very fun
This game was about the first time I have played chess in a long time.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Sep 02, 2015
- Version: 3.6
- Size: 71.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Byterun, Ltd
- © 2011 Byterun Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.