Chimani helps you plan, navigate, discover and socialize on your next national park adventure.
* collect points and earn badges for visiting parks and points of interest
* expert-written details on more than 260 unique points of interest (POIs)
* auto touring guide
* GPS-enabled map that works without a cell/wifi connection and downloadable for offline use
* calendar of Ranger-led events
* sunrise/sunsets times and top viewing locations
* photo gallery stocked with high-quality park images
* descriptions of more than 30 hiking trails
* information on restrooms, picnicking, bicycling, and other in-park activities
* "Where Am I?" locator function for the entire park (note: does not work on non-GPS enabled devices)
Other features include:
* Easy-to-use interface with menus based on universal national park symbols
* Push notifications for park-related news, alerts, and events
* Lightning-fast search engine to quickly find information
For more details on this and other Chimani apps for the national parks, visit www.chimani.com.
Requires an initial Internet connection to download photos and offline map (either Wifi or cellular).
This is our last update of this app. We are moving all content and functionality over to our main app - National Parks by Chimani.
Ratings and Reviews
Easy To Use
Very easy to understand and a good interface for having no cellular data. It helps you get around the park easily.
Not very useful
Ok, level-set. This is not a replacement for your Garmin. However, it's a five star planning tool. Topo detail is outstanding, it shows trails, names, distances, elevation gain, where to park...get the drift? Living in WA, I've been looking for an app for planning weekend or day trips and this nails it. It's like getting your USGS w/ the park's trail map overlay...perfect for planning. It's not a substitute for a GPS or map/compass...but anyone who thinks that your iPhone will save you when it can't get a signal...really shouldn't be out in the mtns...
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.