Chinese LS Touch is an App for iPhone/iPod Touch & iPad for learning chinese vocables. It combines a comprehensive chinese dictionary with a topnotch vocable trainer. The vocable trainer utilizes the unique touch interface to intuitively teach you how to draw the chinese characters by displaying strokeorder guidelines. But these are just sone of the many features helping you in learning chinese vocables.
- 100.000 chinese vocables
- all vocables have Traditional & Simplified forms, Pīn Yīn & Zhu Yin readings and english translations
- many words have also german & french translation
- possibilty to import your own translations for the vocables
- 7 default vocabulary sets (HSK 1 - 6 and all in one set)
- SOUNDS for 5000 words (In-App purchase)
- possibilty to create custom vocabulary sets within the program
- possiblity to import your own custom vocabulary sets (of vocables in the programs database)
- Strokeorder guidelines for almost all chinese characters used in the dictionary (about 12.000)
- numerous ways to select the vocables you want to train:
- All vocables of the current set
- custom selection (vocables selected via browser)
- Range of vocables (e.g. vocable 40 till vocable 60)
- 6 Testtypes:
- Vocable --> Meaning
- Meaning --> Vocable
- Vocable --> Reading
- Reading --> Vocable
- Word --> missing Character
- Audio --> Meaning [In-App purchase]
- 2 Testmodes:
- Direct Input (drawing or keyboard)
- Multiple Choice
- list of all vocables in the current vocabulary set or all vocables of the program‘s database
- search for a specific vocably by translation, reading or the chinese word itself
- display details of a specific vocable
- select specific vocables for a custom selection you want to train
- Import your own custom vocabulary set (e.g. if you want to train only the vocables of lesson x of your textbook)
- Import your own translations for the vocables (e.g. if you learn by certain translation that differs from the default translation in the program or if the translation for your language is missing)
- Backup & Sync between devices via Dropbox
- Learning with the Leitner system (SRS)
- Practice mode (for learning how to draw the chinese words/characters)
- User Interface fully localized in English, French and German
for more information/videos/screenshots/handbook:
If you find a bug in the software please send me an email [jan(a)asia-ls.com] with as many information as possible so I can try to reproduce and fix it:
- device & firmware
- what did you do step by step
- settings (current set, test mode, Leitner actice...)
- does it happen always/sometime/once
This app uses the CC-CEDICT (www.mdbg.net/), HanDeDict File (www.chdw.de) and CFDICT (www.chine-informations.com/chinois/open/CFDICT/) dictionary files
- minor Bugfixes
- iOS 10 Adjustments
Ratings and Reviews
Super - the best!
I have used this app daily for two year, more than any other app I have bought for any reason. It is the best! I add my own character sets to follow along with the Heisig method and separate ones for my college class. It is my secret weapon for acing every vocab quiz we get. This app has paid for itself many times over. When I started learning Chinese I felt it would be a coup just to learn to read and listen. I never thought I would be able to WRITE Chinese. But now I am well on my way to doing that thanks to this app.
fix the Chinese characters!
this could be a great app if the characters were the right ones. so many characters are missing strokes, strokes are too long/short, etc. fix them!
I used the Japanese and Kanji LS apps by Jan Bogner when I was taking Japanese in college and I probably used these apps more than my book.
When I decided to pick up some Chinese, I looked for a similar app that had custom word lists, definitions and handwriting practice and quizzing all in the same app. I was pretty happy to find another LS app.
Overpriced, but excellent app.
- Jan Bogner
- 63.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Jan Bogner
- In-App Purchases
- HSK 1 Audio (1,7 MB) Free
- HSK 1-6 Audio (70,5 MB) Free
- HSK 6 Audio Files (36,9 MB) Free
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.