ChmPlus Reader (CHM+ Reader) is a feature-rich CHM (Microsoft Compiled HTML Help) document / ebook reader for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. ChmPlus Reader is currently the best CHM reader available for iOS.
***** ChmPlus Reader is now also available for Mac! (search for "chmplus" on the Mac App Store) *****
ChmPlus Reader now supports highlight / annotation, bookmark and search (find on page & document-wide search).
CHM/ePub Document Support:
- Highlight / annotation
- Search (find on page & document-wide search)
- Open CHM files instantly (even with huge files)
- Supports CHM files in different languages
- Supports pinch to zoom
- Navigate through table of contents
- Supports full screen mode
- Swipe to turn page
- Supports auto rotation and orientation lock
- Support CHM document that contains .mht pages
- Long press on an image to:
1) save the image to photo album
2) copy the image to clipboard (and paste it into your email)
- night mode (white text on black background)
- Built-in web browser for viewing images and external links
- Transfer files via Wi-Fi (FTP & HTTP) / iTunes File Sharing
- Create/copy/move/rename/delete files and folders
- Support opening document with other applications
- Import document from other applications
- Import document from Email
- Edit existing text documents
- Send multiple Email attachments
- Create .zip archives
- Save image to Photos
Supported File Types:
- .chm (Microsoft Compiled HTML Help)
- .epub (electronic publication)
- MS Office - .doc, .ppt., .xls, .docx, .xlsx, .pptx
- iWork '08/'09
- PDF, HTML, RTF, .mht, Safari webarchives and text files
- .zip, .rar, .7z,.gz, .tar file types
- High resolution images
- Audio and video
Note: support for .mht format is experimental, the App might not be able to open large .mht files.
• Optimized for iOS 8
• Improved highlighting stability
• Added passcode support
Ratings and Reviews
Good, but needs updated
I like this app, but it often doesn't save my highlights and annotations. There are also glitches when I highlight, sometimes it wont allow me to switch to a different color without switching the color of my previous highlights. I would consider upgrading if I was confident the bugs were fixed. Some other features that would be nice are additional options such as underlining and ability to have changes made on 1 apple device to update on others that also have the CHM app installed.
Works. That's what's important
Simple app. Works well. Dropbox recognized it and sent a 70MB CHM format file to it without a problem. The file opened quickly and properly. Images and text are displayed correctly; all formatting is just like on my computer.
Free version allows highlighting in different colors and annotation. Not sure if these are embedded into the CHM file or kept elsewhere.
One complaint: the Table Of Contents button in the upper right corner of the window appeared grayed out when I first opened my CHM file. I thought the program was broken and I could only view the first page. It isn't broken; tap the grayed out TOC button and it opens correctly. It handles the nested CHM Table of Contents filing system well too. Nice app!
Free version has ads at the bottom of the screen. They appear to be text only, though, so it hasn't been too annoying. $7 to get rid of them is a bit steep.
Excellent CHM file reader
As a part of my job, it is necessary that I be able to open CHM files with imbedded documents and slide shows. CHM+ Lite is the only CHM reader that I have found that opens the imbedded documents effortlessly. It can easily view imbedded Word documents and PowerPoint slideshows. Some of the other CHM readers (the ones that are free at least) do not open up these imbedded files. I highly recommend this app if you need to view imbedded documents within your CHM file.
- Coral Wu
- 7.6 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011-2015 Langui.net
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.