By Contrasonic AB
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Chordbot is a songwriting tool / electronic accompanist that lets you create and play complex chord progressions easily on your iPhone/iPad. Just add some chords, select a comping style and hit play.
Use it for songwriting experiments, to create backing tracks for practicing solos, or just for fun. Easily create arrangements and mixes by selecting from hundreds of piano, guitar, synth, bass and drum tracks.
Try the free version Chordbot Lite before buying. It has all the features of the full version but with save/export disabled.
* 60+ chord types
Including classics like AugAdd2 and Min7(#11), in all inversions.
* 70+ comping style presets
Simple but usable arrangements that won't get in your way.
* 400+ instrument tracks
Individually mixable dynamic instrument tracks that can be combined to form unique comping styles.
* Inversion control / slash chords
Manually select chord inversions, or let Chordbot select the smoothest inversion automatically.
* Song sections
Songs can be structured into repeatable sections (verse, chorus, etc). Each section can have its own comping style/arrangement.
* MIDI/WAV/AudioCopy export and Audiobus support
Refine your compositions in a DAW/MIDI sequencer or stream live audio directly to other Audiobus-compatible apps.
Automatic song generator with pop, jazz and experimental profiles.
See chordbot.com for more information and audio demos.
Please report all bugs to:
What's New in Version 2.15
Fix for chord preview bug. Better support for non-latin text and filenames.
Best app I've ever purchased
This app is an amazing tool for creativity. As a musician I have dropped a decent amount of money on related apps but this has been my number 1
1. Versatile: the chord selection is awesome (major, minor, 7th, aug, sus, dim, +many more)
2. You can export files
3. Random chord generator for those moments of "writers block"
1. Needs an "undo" button" (very easy to accidentally edit all sections of your song when you meant to only edit 1)
2. Guitar sounds are a bit weak, I never use them, but there are plenty of other sounds o work with so no biggie.
Despite those I still rate this app 5 stars, this has been a big tool for inspiration.
Tip: save often! Save often! Save often! And wouldn't hurt to save 2 files of the same song.
Best, easiest, and fastest way to make backing tracks
I needed an easy way to make modal backing tracks in all keys because it would have taken forever to make them myself. This app has many options and sounds good. You also have the ability to have a bass note of your choosing under the chord which is essential when creating modal jam tracks. I'm very please to have found this app.
Best app for singer/songwriters on iPad!
I have spent so much money on apps that, to be honest, are not even useful and are eventually deleted.
This app allows you to get so much done and fast. Composed about 4-5 songs in one night. I'm loving this app! My new favorite. I literally only use this app and Vocalive for working on my song ideas.
This app does so much.
1. You can set the tempo to each section individually.
2. You can copy and paste sections, chords, and you can even copy the entire audio and paste it in other apps, like Vocalive!
3. The song plays in a loop.
4. You can have 8 instruments playing at one time.
5. Dozens of options for each instrument and how it sounds.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Oct 17, 2014
- Version: 2.15
- Size: 14.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Contrasonic AB
- © 2011 Contrasonic AB
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.