Get more done with the new Google Chrome on iPhone and iPad. Now more simple, secure and faster-than-ever, with Google Smarts built-in.
• FASTER BROWSING - Chrome’s address bar uses Google Search to make any fact-finding mission fast and simple. It also searches your Google Drive, so diving into next week’s vacation plan is just that much easier.
• ARTICLES FOR YOU - Chrome surfaces articles, blogs, and content that we think you might like. The more you use Chrome, the more personalized it gets. So you’ll always have what’s most relevant to you at your fingertips.
• GOOGLE TRANSLATE - No matter where you are on the web, or the globe, Chrome lets you translate an entire site in a single click with Google Translate built-in. Chrome also automatically prompts translation when you need it.
• MANAGE YOUR TABS - open as many tabs as your heart desires and manage them in the new grid shapes to easily view and compare websites.
• SYNC ACROSS DEVICES - Signing into Chrome automatically syncs across your laptop, tablet, or on your phone. You get the same experience – no matter where you go.
• AUTOFILL FORMS & PASSWORDS - Remembering p4$$w0rd$ is a thing of the past. Chrome can store your address and payment details, so you can fill out forms with just one click.
• VOICE SEARCH - use the magic of Google voice search to find answers on-the-go without typing
• PRIVACY - use Incognito mode to browse without saving your history (learn more at http://goo.gl/WUx02)
Thanks for choosing Chrome! This version includes:
• You can now long-press on an image and save to clipboard and paste in other apps.
• Fixes to authentication issues caused by using out-of-date cookies. Let us know if you encounter any issues with signing in to or out of websites.
• Autofill now works better on sites with iframes (embedded pages).
• A fix has been provided for crashes related to content suggestion loading and closing tabs.
Ratings and Reviews
Great browser, poor tab system with the new update
The tab system with the new update is rather clunky and difficult to navigate around, rather than a file folder like layout, it has a set of tiles in two columns, each of which display in full, needlessly closing the screen when you’re looking for one tab amongst many. I’ve also experienced problems with webpages freezing if I got to the tabs screen, and then crashing the app, the tabs that freeze to not respond in any way, not to attempts to close them, renter them, and they don’t allow you to enter other tabs when this happens either, only to scroll around the tabs screen or close all tabs. In short this new system seems poorly thought out and poorly rolled out as well, with many bugs and a less dense information display, requiring more time and hassle to use, I don’t object to this “tile display as an option for the less utilitarian user, but as someone who values their time I don’t require the addition of a feature whose only apparent purpose is to take up valuable screen space and increase loading and down times in the app.
Great update with one major flaw: Cannot copy images!
I love Google's design overhaul. It's very aesthetically pleasing now and very seamless to go from the rounded corners of the home screen apps or messages to Chrome! I'm very sensitive to visual aesthetics being that I have sensory-processing sensitivity and it helps me a ton! It's just very gorgeous overall, too, and everything is meticulously designed to be in the most efficient place, in my opinion, especially the search button right in the middle as most of us go straight to Google for so many things first!
Now onto the issue. I can no longer simply copy an image, which is very odd. I can only save an image now. I very frequently use Safari's ability to copy images. I'm not sure if this is due to Google's issue with Getty Images and taking away the "view image" feature--which I myself found a way around--a purposeful intention to prevent direct copying of images, or a design flaw, but either way it makes me have to continue using Safari for the time being because of how often I use that simple feature.
Phenomenal, but with one downside...
This iOS version of Chrome was once the perfect browser, but recent updates have removed one simple thing that I, until now, had taken for granted -- the "Save Image" feature. By that, I don't mean that one can no longer save an image -- you can; What I'm referring to was the ability to save from an "image-only" tab (not sure if there's an actual name for them) and save it in its highest quality. Now, the best I can do is save the thumbnail images from the link that leads to the new tab, but these are of such poor quality as they are not intended to be saved. If there is any image I want to save in its highest quality, I'm resorting to other apps to accomplish this.
This may sound like a back-handed compliment, but the reason I still use Chrome as my go-to browser is because I see no flaws within it aside from the issue mentioned above and it's worth the hassle. I do hope that the option to save an image from its own tab by pressing and holding isn't gone for good, because it's the last piece to the puzzle of a flawless iPhone browser (in my subjective opinion).
- Google LLC
- 107.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Google Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.