Chrome - web browser by Google
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Browse fast on your iPhone and iPad with the Google Chrome browser you love on desktop. Pick up where you left off on your other devices, search by voice, and easily read webpages in any language.
• SYNC ACROSS DEVICES - seamlessly access and open tabs and bookmarks from your laptop, phone or tablet
• FASTER BROWSING - choose from search results that instantly appear as you type and quickly access previously visited pages
• VOICE SEARCH - use the magic of Google voice search to find answers on-the-go without typing
• TRANSLATE - easily read webpages in any language
• UNLIMITED TABS - open as many tabs as your heart desires and quickly flip through them like a deck of cards
• PRIVACY - use Incognito mode to browse without saving your history (learn more at http://goo.gl/WUx02)
What's New in Version 52.0.2743.84
Accelerated Mobile Pages ("AMP") – news and articles from many of your favorite publishers will now load instantly.
Look out for a lightning bolt and "AMP" next to articles in the "Top Stories" section of your search results and enjoy blazing fast web page loading!
The best mobile browser
"Why are you still using Safari??"
This is what I ask anyone I see using Safari on their iPhone. If you gave a Google account, and use Chrome on your computer, you simply MUST user chrome on your phone.
Being able to have your tabs, favorites and history sync between devices immediately is something I can't live without now. Also, when you're typing in to search, it auto fills suggestions. Safari does the same but Chrome gives you an arrow to the side to let you choose that selection and still add to it. Safari just lets you tap on that single suggestion. This alone would have made Chrome worth it. But wait, there's more!
There's a quick menu when you pull down at the top of any webpage. You can pull down to refresh, or swipe left to quickly open a new tab, or swipe right to quickly close that tab. This is so intuitive and works better than the clunky way safari does. Chrome still has the same option to close that safari has as well, but the quick menu is so great.
Plus I use the gmail app and it auto jumps into this browser. Add to all that it also pulls in any pw's I've saved on the desktop version so I don't have to login again in sites. Overall there's no question this is the best browser.
I love chrome! I have it on my Mac and on my iPhone. I prefer it over safari. I love the feature of being able to access the tabs from my Mac onto my phone and vise versa. It's extremely convenient. The app rarely crashes and if it does the tabs restore themselves. I also love the incognito option, it's great if you share devices and you want to keep your browsing history to yourself. I would recommend this over safari any day.
Close, but has one major shortcomings for me
I love the idea of using Google to manage several accounts from one device. With Chrome, I'd love to make it my go to browser, but I keep going back to Safari for one extremely awesome feature....Reader View. The ability to turn a web site into a more readable page is fantastic. Text adjustment and even changing the background color is superb. Chrome would be a no brainier with this feature.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jul 27, 2016
- Version: 52.0.2743.84
- Size: 65.6 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.