Cisco WebEx Meetings
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Take Your WebEx Meetings Anywhere!
It's easy to stay connected to important meetings, wherever you are.
With Cisco WebEx Meetings, you can join any web conference from your iPad and iPhone.
Cisco WebEx Meetings is a universal app for both the Apple iPad and iPhone. It services WebEx Meeting Center, WebEx Meetings, WebEx Training Center, and WebEx Meetings Server.
Experience high quality 2-way video on the iPad and iPhone by viewing the video feeds of the participants in the web conference and streaming your own video back to them.
Use video for better engagement: Whether you're holding a brainstorming session or making a presentation, turning your online meeting into a virtual video conference helps everyone focus on every word. Streaming 2-way video on the iPad and iPhone delivers an unparalleled visual experience on the go. Staying face-to-face has never been easier!
Mobile video conferencing with:
• High-quality, multipoint video
• 2-way video with camera switcher (available for iPhone 4 or greater, iPad 2 or greater)
• Voice-activated video switching
• Full-screen video
• View content and video simultaneously (iPad only)
• Cisco WebEx enabled TelePresence support (v1.0, v2.0)
• Auto Call Me for iPhone (for sites with call back enabled)
• File sharing on the iPad - iWork docs (Keynote, Numbers, Pages), PDF, Word, Excel, PPT
- Supported files from a Box or Dropbox account
- Photos (but not videos)
- Files attached to a meeting space (WebEx Meetings)
Host account capabilities, including:
•Schedule, start, and cancel a meeting
•Invite others to a meeting
•Make someone else a Host
•Pass presenter capabilities to another participant
•Promote/Demote panelists (WebEx Training Center)
•Expel a participant from a meeting
•Join the meeting through a Cisco WebEx meeting email invite, meeting number, WebEx site URL, or My Meetings List
•Integrated VoIP audio and web conferencing on Wi-Fi and 3G/4G/LTE
•Full-screen meeting view
•View attendee list
•View shared content with annotations
•Pinch to zoom and scan
•Private or group chat
Global and Enterprise Ready:
•Sign in to Cisco WebEx Meetings via your corporate account (for sites with Single Sign-On)
•Enable users to join a meeting from behind the firewall using Wi-Fi proxy support
•End to End encryption supported
•Available in 12 languages
Anyone can attend a Cisco WebEx meeting for free by choosing one of the below options. Note that a Cisco WebEx Host account is needed to schedule and host a meeting.
- Go to your Cisco WebEx meeting invitation email and click on the meeting link.
- Launch the Cisco WebEx Meetings app on your iPad or iPhone and enter the meeting number.
To use mobile video conferencing, Cisco WebEx Meeting Center release version
WBS27.17 or higher is required. Certain restrictions may apply based on your company’s policies and WebEx implementation.
File sharing on the iPad (Requires WBS28.9 or WebEx Meetings 1.2SP6 and greater for full functionality)
What's New in Version 5.1.1
Fixed an audio issue for 3rd party and Meeting Place audio sites.
Other bug fixes.
Missing a ton
Nicely designed interface, but missing a ton of basics from the PC version:
1) There is no webex player app or interface, so you can't watch recorded classes, you can only take live classes.
2) If you are taking a class where the instructor asks you to click the green check mark or red x, there is no way to do that in the iPad app.
3) If you are an instructor, the pane doesn't show you if someone goes to a different program (ie, not paying attention)
4) You cannot see a list of who all is signed in to the right like on the PC. You have to scan through windows at the bottom of the screen and can only see a few at a time.
5) Very limited sharing options.
In this incarnation the app is totally worthless on my iPad. I looked in their support section here to see if I could send a bug report. Naturally not, so maybe this bad review will get their attention and they can fix the app. It causes my iPad to reboot when I try to activate my camera. If I leave the app to do something and try to return it causes a reboot every other time. I sure would not pay for it right now and I would hope their support is better and more accessible or you would be wasting your time and money!
why would it disconnect me if i am multitasking?
isn't the idea of using a smartphone - multitasking? if i let the app run in the background (Example: passively listening in, or in a 60 minute meeting my turn to speak is only 2 mins etc) the app kicks me off…. WHY??????????? it doesn't make sense….
- Category: Business
- Updated: Feb 24, 2014
- Version: 5.1.1
- Size: 19.4 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Cisco
- © 2014 Cisco Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.