Cisco WebEx Meetings
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Take your Web meetings anywhere!
Join any web conference from your Apple iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch. Cisco WebEx Meetings is a universal app for Cisco WebEx Meeting Center, Cisco WebEx Training Center, Cisco WebEx Event Center, Cisco WebEx Meetings Server, and Cisco WebEx Meetings. Meet anywhere, with anyone, and get more done.
Experience high-quality 2-way video on tablets and smartphones. Whether you're holding brainstorming sessions or making presentations, turning your online meeting into a video conference has never been easier!
• Join meetings through locked screen notifications, email/calendar invites, meeting number entry, Personal Room URL, or My Meetings List
• Home screen widget support
• Join before meeting host
• Wideband audio support
• Auto Connect Audio (Call-In, Call Back, Call over Internet)
• Integrated VoIP audio and web conferencing on Wi-Fi and 3G/4G/LTE
• Personal Conferencing Number (PCN)
• File sharing from iPhones and iPads - iWork docs (Keynote, Numbers, Pages), PDF, Word, Excel, PPT
• View video files shared from desktop presenter on iPad and iPhone
• High-quality, full screen multipoint video
• 2-way video with camera switcher
• Voice-activated video switching
• View content and video simultaneously
• Support for Cisco Collaboration Meeting Rooms Hybrid
• Support for Cisco Collaboration Meeting Rooms Cloud (WBS29.9+ required)
• Callback to a video conferencing system (WBS30+ required)
• Full-screen meeting view
• Attendee list
• View shared content with annotations
• Pinch to zoom and scan
• Private or group chat
• Schedule, start, or cancel meetings
• Start or pause recordings
• Invite participants
• Mute participants
• Promote or demote panelists (Training Center)
• Answer questions in Q&A Panel (Training Center and Event Center)
Apple Watch features:
• Start/end Personal Room meetings
• View participant list
Global and Enterprise Ready:
• Sign in with your corporate account (for sites with Single Sign-On)
• Users can join a meeting from behind the firewall using Wi-Fi proxy support
• End to End encryption
• Available in 16 languages
Anyone can attend a Cisco WebEx meeting for free by choosing one of the below options. A Cisco WebEx Host account is needed to schedule and host a meeting.
- Go to your Cisco WebEx meeting invitation email and select the meeting link.
- Launch the Cisco WebEx Meetings app on your iPad or iPhone and enter the meeting number.
By installing this application, you are accepting the Terms of Service (http://www.webex.com/terms-of-service-text.html) and Privacy Statement (https://www.cisco.com/web/siteassets/legal/privacy.html) and are consenting to receive communications, updates, and upgrades for Cisco WebEx services. Cisco WebEx may collect meeting usage data and personal information, such as your email address, from your computer or device.
What's New in Version 9.14.0
•Touch ID sign in support •iPad Pro 10.5” support •iPod 6th Generation support •Usability improvements •Bug fixes
Functional but too often requires repeating setup and sign-in
Once signed in and setup as desired, the mobile app is functional and useful, but the developers need to remember the primary use case of the mobile app (from my perspective at least) is to be able to join meetings while on the move (such as when driving to the office, etc.). When at the desk, I'll use the desktop/browser interface. The mobile app needs to be better optimized to not constantly require re-authentication and setting up. Security is important but as always needs to be designed in conjunction with usability. With the desktop interface, I am never/rarely re-prompted for my credentials because I saved them in my browser's password manager. With the mobile app, there is no such option. Fortunately, this app recently gained support for touchID, which improved usability immensely. However even with that improvement, I am forced to re-enter my account ID and phone number and my desired settings every time this app is updated, which seems to be every few weeks. Very inconvenient since that usually happens while I'm on the road and trying to join a meeting right away.
Needs participant response tools
Missing participant response tools like raising your hand to get moderators attention. Mute and unmute does not always work. I understand moderator can override the mute function but in an interactive session sometimes there is no way to get the attention of anyone except by turning on video and waving madly until someone notices you or holding up a sign. Very frustrating. Really would like to see the hand raising ability and even the coffee break icon.
Ability to log on is very good. Just need to be familiar with the initial set up when logging in. Specifically you need to answer if you are going to get your audio from your cell or through the internet. Use my first generation iPad Pro on weekly webinars and it works great and the ability to attend my webinars from anywhere is fabulous. Many times I am logged on in the early morning hours and use my Bluetooth apple AirPods and it makes life easier while lying comfortably in bed. Will rate it 4-5 when additional basic features of desktop version is implemented.
Good but not perfect
I use WebEx almost daily and like it. An area for improvement is to remove the annoying green menu bar and indicators of who is speaking from the display. They often cover up important slide content. Move them out of view either into a frame next the the slide or only have them slide in upon mouse hover.
Beyond this, technology to point to slide content needs improvement - I see that WebEx makes presenters deteriorate presentation skills such as pointing to what they talk about.
New in recent updates: Muting/unmuting has become more cumbersome and now requires several clicks. Not good not to see muting status without touching screen.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Aug 23, 2017
- Version: 9.14.0
- Size: 116 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Cisco
- © 2017 Cisco Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.