By Citrix Systems, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Citrix Receiver lets you access your enterprise files, applications, and desktops to help you be as productive on the go as you are in the office. If your company uses Citrix, you have the freedom to work on your favorite device from wherever you are. Just ask your IT department how to get started.
HOW TO USE CITRIX RECEIVER
1. Open Citrix Receiver and tap Add Account.
2. Enter the Server or email address as instructed by Your IT Help Desk or system administrator.
3. Enter your User Name and Password.
4. Select the applications you want to use.
What's New in Version 5.9.4
Support for TLS 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2
Improved graphics for iPhone 6+
Color corruption fix.
3D Pro frame drop issue.
iPad black Magnifier glass issue.
New since 5.9
· Better experience when reconnecting to a session via Worx Home.
· New option to enable keyboard extensions – a security update.
· Disables use of obsolete SSL v3. See https://www.openssl.org/~bodo/ssl-poodle.pdf http://support.citrix.com/article/ctx200238 for more information on this security update.
· Support for iOS 8.
· App Switching feature enabling more than one application at a time, and switching between apps with the swipe of a finger.
· Workspace Control - available in Settings > Advanced > Workspace Control.
· Restored Siri dictation with Citrix Receiver.
· New logging options are in Settings > Support > Log Options.
· Support for SHA2 certificates.
· Use of standard PIV smart cards authentication.
Not the greatest
The "add account" feature is unreliable at best. When configuring a new account, at the very end of configuring it complains when pressing "save" that you have entered "invalid credentials."
That is not right. If I use Safari and log into my site and get the ica file to launch in Receiver, it works fine using the same credentials I entered when trying to "add account."
How about when already connected, have a "quick save" feature that saves the connection settings except for password and RSA (if using a two-factor authorization).. That might earn this a star or two. But for now, a lackluster rating for a lackluster app.
Extra functionality would be welcome
I have corporate desktop access from my phone, but screen size and on screen keyboard are a problem. I would be willing to attach my phone to an appletv, keyboard and trackpad to be able to do real work.
Now the only problem is bluetooth pairing with apple trackpad. The phone doesn't recognize it.
It would be very nice to be able to pair a trackpad with my phone and have citrix receiver know how to use it, even though there is no system wide concept of a cursor in the iPhone.
Crushing many times, very slow
I love apple products; I use iPhone, MacBook Air, Mac desktop, iPads including a new iPad Air 2. I have been using Citrix receiver on my apple products at clinical work, however, I have to say this app is insanely slow and crushes so many times that I am consistently interrupted in order to finish a simple job. IT team at my work has given up on Citrix on Mac/iPad and Apple users at my work are very frustrated. Sadly I may have to switch to windows surface. Apple, please work with Citrix so that we don't have to go back windows. At this rate, I am seriously considering switching back to windows with my other colleagues.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Feb 25, 2015
- Version: 5.9.4
- Size: 34.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Citrix Systems, Inc.
- © 2015 Citrix Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.