Citymapper - New York, London, Paris, Berlin - the Ultimate Transit App
By Citymapper Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The ULTIMATE TRANSIT APP! * Apple Editor's Choice * 2013 Apple's App of the Year (runner-up) * Best Overall Mobile App 2014 (GSMA/Mobile World Congress) * MTA App Quest 2013- Grand Prize Winner * London Design Museum's Designs of the Year 2014 * Stuff Magazine Essential App of the Year *
New York City, London, Paris, Berlin.. (more coming)
- "Citymapper is quite simply the best travel app to be introduced to New York City"- NYTimes
- "The most useful app I have on my Phone."
- "Its reason alone to get an iPhone. It's that good."
- "Life changing. This app really changes the way you travel."
- "I never thought I could love an app so much."
Citymapper is reinventing the everyday urban transit app and making the large complicated city simple and usable.
A to B trip planning, real-time departure info on all modes of transit where available, weather, alerts, disruptions, personalization and everything you need and may not even realize that you need to manage your life in the city.
Constant updates. We improve the app regularly.
Thousands of 5-star REVIEWS:
- "Best app on my phone."
- "It has it all. Everything in one place."
- "BEST TRANSPORT APP EVER."
- "This is simply the best app I've come across."
- "This app makes me warm inside"
- "Literally my favorite app. If any of my friends are looking for new apps, this is the one I suggest first."
- "The only true five star app."
- "Don't know how I lived without it."
- "Get these guys on the Queen's birthday honours list."
- "It's become a weird and possibly sad fact of my life that waiting and receiving Citymapper updates have overtaken Christmases and birthdays on the anticipation and excitometer."
- "I'm practically married to this app."
- "Just when you think it can't get any better. Boom. New amazing features are released."
- "By far the most useful app I have and have ever had."
We use open data from Metropolitan Transport Authority, Transport for London and lots of other sources. We update the app regularly. Write us to tell us what you want: support(at)citymapper.com. Please note the app requires data access and works best with GPS on.
What's New in Version 4.1
This 4.1 release is brought to you by the colo(u)r purple and the number 12. We’re back. Don’t get too excited. Following 4.0, we’ve been listening, and have fixed and polished a few things, this version now makes about 1.5% more sense than the previous one.
Favourites is now ‘My Stops’, and is higher up on the homescreen. Happy now? Happy? Fine.
STARRING means saving. Saving means personalis(/z)ing the app so that it works better for you. There are more stars.
Standing at a bus stop? Take a break from Clash of Candies. Now with only one tap on the bus icon, instantly see nearest bus arrivals. #fewertaps #anotherwinforfirstworldproblems. Oh yeah and if you STAR that stop, then it will also show on your homescreen. #evenfewertaps #morewin
Easier to share your destination. Don’t be lonely. At the bottom of your journey info, try ‘Meet Me Here’. Send it to someone and we will ensure that they learn how to get there. Assuming they want to.
We improved our French. You should too.
Some other things that are hard to explain without body language.
So Freaking Helpful
I am obsessed with everything about this app. I rarely write reviews but I couldn't resist because this app is a life saver.
It is so simple and that's what you need when you are walking down stairs to the subway platform and you realize you don't know what transfer you are supposed to take. This app will tell you where you need to go in seconds... Or if you're too slow you can look at the offline subway map.
There is also a lot of construction going on and it warns you and gives opposite routes. And the eta is usually about right. (I think I walk faster than their walking speed but that's alright.)
It is great for tourists and people living in the city who are hot messes alike. SO GREAT!
Also it's very funny... Like just read their descriptions of updates and such. Super funny! And I love the jet pack directions, except it makes me mad when my eta is 45 min and the jet pack eta is 5. But hey it still makes me chuckle while I'm standing in between a very short person in my arm pit and a very tall person whose arm pit I am in waiting for my stop. NEW YORK TRANSIT YA!
Love it! Keep the updates coming!
i never write reviews - but this is right now the best map app - and not just the best but amazing - everyone i show this app to gets it immediately - makes you feel good when people are actually trying to make something that people need/want rather than just trying to make money
Beautiful design makes this app tremendous to use.
It has now officially replaced my MTA weekender and London tube apps for that spot on the first screen on my phone.
Well done guys.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Apr 07, 2014
- Version: 4.1
- Size: 11.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: Citymapper Limited
- © 2013 Citymapper Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.