Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
★ "Puremagnetik have created a like for like recreation of the old box on iOS... And it sounds really good!" — Oh Drat Digital ★
★ "Clap Box brings your iPhone or iPad boldly into the 1980s." — Create Digital Music ★
Now you can put the legendary Simmons Clap Trap right in your pocket or backpack! The Clap Trap was an iconic 1980s "Handclap Synthesizer" whose unique sound can be heard across much of early electronica.
Clap Box is a perfect emulation of the original that includes modern enhancements like Core MIDI, microphone triggering and BPM matching. Just clap your hands or stomp your feet in real-time to trigger it! Simple, fun and inuitive, Clap Box is a great way to drop some instant retro into your productions.
Clap Box Features
• Authentic emulation of the original Simmons Clap Trap made with real samples
• Audio Trigger via your device’s built in mic – just clap your hands in realtime to trigger!
• Full MIDI support over WiFi, USB camera connection kit or a dedicated MIDI interface such as IK Multimedia’s iRig MIDI.
• Hi resolution Retina Display graphics
• “Humanize” function creates random variations
• Quick “Tool Tip” pop ups from info button
What's New in Version 1.0.1
• Improved audio playback
• Improved UI layout and control resolution
• Equal power crossfading of noise and ensemble envelopes
• Implemented stereo output
• Improved tool-tip descriptions
• Improved audio trigger sensitivity
I still have a working Simmons unit and it is great to have this for my pad. It was a staple on 2 & 4 in the 80's and I find myself using clap sounds more and more. Simmons made a digital and an analog version and the analog version had a much better sound. This app sounds more like the analog version. The people who rate it low either don't have a good ear or don't understand the app.
Nice, make n sample a quick clap in seconds
Good way and easy way to shape a nice clap in just seconds. The parameters are great. Human, electronic, messy, or tight. I like this. And to the guy who doesn't know how to find the stop button: you just lower the tempo dial all the way down and it's off. I'm not gonna call you an idiot but I was thinking about it ;)
Amazing app! The Simmons Claptrap was essential in 80's funk. groups like Slave.. Prince.. Roger & Zapp.. Funkadelic/George Clinton abused this machine in conjunction with the 2 & 4 snare hit. "Atomic Dog" by funkadelic is probably the best example.. Alone the sound is always ugly, with a snare blended it gives you that magic "CAW" sound lol
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jul 12, 2012
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 32.6 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Micah Frank
- © 2012 Puremagnetik
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.