By Thomas Zoechling
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Claquette is a tool that allows you to record your Mac's screen in lossless quality.
Additionally, you can capture live video and audio from camera and microphone.
After finishing a recording, you can directly export a movie or send it to Final Cut Pro X, from where it can be edited to your heart's content.
The layered export provides masks and keyframes, which allows you to use Final Cut & Motion to enhance your screencasts with stunning effects and annotations.
• Lossless & color managed screen recording
• Record camera video & microphone input
• Fast, lossless compressor that utilizes all CPU cores
• Efficient codec that only stores screen areas that actively change
• Built-In player app to preview your recording
• Simple metadata editor to add author & recording notes
• Trim unwanted parts of the recording
• Camera video layer can be freely positioned
• Create a movie file using one of the included presets (see below)
• Send a layered export to Final Cut Pro X
• Send a layered export to Motion 5
• Upload a recording directly to Vimeo
• 480p (SD)
• 720p (HD)
• 1080p (HD)
• Apple TV
The high quality recorder & the integration with Apple's professional video apps open endless possibilities to enhance your screencasts with eye-catching effects. Highlight points of interest by defocusing the background or attach a spotlight to the mouse cursor — Freely experiment within your familiar production tools.
To directly open & edit exported Final Cut Pro X and Motion 5 projects, those applications have to be installed.
What's New in Version 1.4.1
• Adds ability to hide/show cursor and video tracks
• Adds ability to disable/enable the audio track
• Adds a preset for 2160p (UHD) exports
• Fixes keyboard navigation during trimming
• Fixes missing cursor assets when exporting trimmed Motion projects