Clear Day - (Formerly Weather HD)
By vimov, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Clear Day™ (formerly Weather HD) is an elegant weather app that made its debut on iPhone and iPad with its unique way of presenting weather through stunning videos. Clear Day for Mac is tailored and specifically designed for Mac OS X. And with weather maps (including animated NOAA radar), real-time severe alerts and quick access to weather through menu bar, Clear Day makes a perfect balance of features you would need for knowing the weather on your Mac.
"Clear Day elevates the user, placing her at cloud level for a hushed real-time weather tableau that puts the web's goofy sunshine-rain-cloud icons to shame." - The New York Times in reviewing Clear Day for the iPad !!
Clear Day name was chosen to indicate that even if weather is gloomy and stormy, a vivid soothing presentation of the weather forecast would provide the user with a sensational and clear-day-like experience full of hope.
• Accurate weather forecast all-around the world supporting more than 2.5 million locations
• Severe weather warnings right from National Weather Service and MeteoAlarm (USA & Europe)
• Get warned of severe conditions even if the app is closed
• Stunning high-definition animations that depict the weather conditions
• Animated NOAA Radar map in the contiguous US, Canada and Australia
• Quick menu in the toolbar for quick access to the current weather conditions and alerts
• Even more weather maps including Satellite, Temperature, Humidity and much more
• Detailed moon phases information including sunrise and sunset
• Customizable temperature notifications per city
• On-screen world clock showing every city's local time
• Weather data provided by world-class weather provider The Weather Underground
• iCloud Sync: Sync cities across your devices (iOS/Mac)
• 7-day and 3-hourly forecasts
• Precipitation and Humidity details
• Wind Chill and Heat Index
• Sunrise and Sunset
• Fahrenheit/Celsius and Miles/Kilometers
WHAT EVERYONE IS SAYING
• Featured by Apple as app of the week!
• "The animations in Clear Day for Mac look simply stunning. I'm running the app on a 15-inch MacBook Pro and it just looks incredible" - TUAW: The Unofficial Apple Weblog.
• "Clear Day Will Change the Way You Get Your Forecast on the Mac" - CultofMac
• "This is a fantastic looking weather app for the Mac that combines beautiful interface elements with a cool window that displays animated views of the current weather conditions. It actually makes me want to check my weather even more often." - The Next Web.
• To add a city, click on Preferences, and in the window that pops up, click the "Add New City" button below the list of cities.
• To delete a city, click on Preferences, select a city, and click on the "Delete Selected City" button below the list of cities.
• To set a notification, click on Preferences, choose a city and click "Edit" button.
If you have any questions, suggestions or encounter problems, please contact us at email@example.com
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/ClearDay. Become a fan on Facebook: www.facebook.com/goClearDay.
If you like Clear Day, please leave us a review on the Mac App Store. Your support would greatly help.
What's New in Version 2.0.1
New in Clear Day 2.0.1:
• New icon
• iCloud Sync: Sync cities across your devices (iOS/Mac), enable it from the Preferences.
New in Clear Day 2.0:
• NEW: New menu layout delivering more weather information.
• NEW: Pause and Play videos with a click.
• NEW: Drag the map border to enlarge the view.
• NEW: Compatibility with Mountain Lion and Retina Macbook Pro.
• FIX: The location of the city pin in satellite map.
Clear Day (Used to be Weather HD)
I have this app on both my MacBookPro and my iPad. It’s a little more full-featured on the Mac than on the IPad, but I do prefer it over all the others I have tried. I like the graphics and I like that there are severe weather reports for cities/areas on my list. I like that it finds the areas for me on the iPad.
It uses the Weather Underground which has been my favorite for years. Maps and radar are cool, too :)
Recently the writing on the severe weather report has been going to black when the tab comes out … Not too useful, but I suspect that it is either something I have done worng, or will be fixed soon (from all the complaints LOL)
One thing I think is a bit odd… the version on my iPad has a location close to where I live, but the Mac version does not recognize the location. It isn’t a problem as all sub-regions that are near where I live go off the bigger city in my area, so the information is about the same. It is just odd that that more fully-featured version does not have one of the sub-regions.
Great weather program though.. Keep up the good work and PLEASE don’t try to over simplify it in the future. I like the forecasts (3 day and 10 day)
Great data but needs work on delivery
First of all, I love the detailed information I get when I click on the menubar icon. I like how the weather is displayed and it’s very similar to Meteorologist, which no longer works for some reason.
HOWEVER, I have a few suggestions-
1. Nix the animated “flyby” weather. If you’re buying a product like this and want good, real-time data about weather you’re not someone who is amused by some clouds floating around. I don’t really understand the purpose of it beyond someone saying “hey this was a nifty thing to put in here!” It’s not. It’s annoying, and it gets in the way of the buttloads of good data you receive from this program.
2. The software needs to be fixed so that if you exit the big window that shows up, it still stays in the menubar. I don’t want something cluttering my dock when all I want is to check the weather.
3. I really like the layout of the dropdown menu bar data. Maybe work that graphic interface into the rest of the program?
Overall I really love the data and the way you can navigate around, but cleaning it up so it’s not campy or hokey would really push this app up the chain in its awesomeness!
I also love the App and Preferred the old Icon
I, too, love the App but preferred the old Icon on my dock. And it would be nice to zoom in further on the map - heck I would even like to see my house, or at least the lake I live by! (Oh - I guess it does show a little) . But I am very happy to have the app and use it almost daily. I do still get the Weather Channel info by email for todays weather and also the week, but I usually don't open it and just delete it. And if I do look at the Weather Channel report I always also check Clear Day and prefer Clear Day. And I like all the things you can check, the wind and expected wind, dew levels, humidity levels, radar, clouds and the pictures are great and the little symbol at the top of the computer along with the current temp is something I check several times a day. I guess this is really one of my very favorite apps. - Jo from Idaho
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Aug 27, 2013
- Version: 2.0.1
- Size: 344 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: vimov, LLC
- © vimov, LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.8 or later