Clear Day® - Weather HD formerly
By vimov, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Enjoy the most unique and beautiful weather app. Clear Day® is the only weather app that provides animated NOAA radar widget, real-time weather alerts, instant access to weather forecast through the menubar and stunning videos depicting weather conditions.
••• Featured by Apple as app of the week! •••
••• Downloaded more than 250,000 times •••
••• The New York Times: "Clear Day elevates the user, placing her at cloud level for a hushed real-time weather tableau that puts the web's goofy sunshine-rain-cloud icons to shame." - in reviewing Clear Day for the iPad !! •••
• Accurate weather forecast all-around the world supporting more than 2.5 million locations
• Severe weather warnings right from National Weather Service and MeteoAlarm (USA & Europe)
• Get warned of severe conditions even if the app is closed
• Stunning high-definition animations that depict the weather conditions
• Animated NOAA Radar map in the contiguous US, Canada, Australia and Europe
• Animated NOAA Radar map widget*
• Clouds / Satellite weather maps
• Quick menu in the toolbar for quick access to the current weather conditions and alerts
• Detailed moon phases information including sunrise and sunset
• Customizable temperature notifications per city
• On-screen world clock showing every city's local time
• Weather data provided by world-class weather provider The Weather Underground
• iCloud Sync: Sync cities across your devices (iOS/Mac)
• 7-day and 3-hourly forecasts
• Precipitation and Humidity details
• Wind Chill and Heat Index
• Sunrise and Sunset
• Fahrenheit/Celsius and Miles/Kilometers
• "The animations in Clear Day for Mac look simply stunning!" - TUAW
• "Clear Day Will Change the Way You Get Your Forecast on the Mac" - CultofMac
• "Clear Day actually makes me want to check my weather even more often" - The Next Web
• To add a city, click on Preferences, and in the window that pops up, click the "Add New City" button below the list of cities.
• To set a notification, click on Preferences, choose a city and click "Edit" button.
If you have any questions, suggestions or encounter problems, please contact us at email@example.com
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/ClearDay. Become a fan on Facebook: www.facebook.com/goClearDay.
* All users are offered free 3-month subscription in premium widget. Premium widget allows you to play radar right in the widget. After the 3-month period is over, you will need to purchase a yearly subscription to play radar in the Notification Center, however it will still display one radar frame.
If you like Clear Day, please leave us a review on the Mac App Store. Your support would greatly help.
What's New in Version 3.0.2
Introducing Clear Day® 3.0! This new version introduces a NOAA radar weather widget in the new Notification Center introduced in OS X Yosemite. This allows you to view weather radar by just one click on Notification Center button at the top right of the screen. Check the screenshots.
Thank you for all your feedback on version 3.0. This update adds back a more enhanced Satellite map view as requested by you. It also fixes few glitches in radar and menu bar highlighting.
Good and easy to use, but….
I really like this product, I have tried a couple of others and found they just sat there and ate cpu cycles for simple updates.
I really like the dropdown menu item, easy to use looks nice and otherwise fits well into my routine (look up there is the weather).
What I dont really like is the main app, its just ok and it has a nice “looking” background animation, but there is no way to turn it off and the information about the day gets cut off when you have the radar open, I still pop over to weather underground or accuweather’s website for the information I need.
1. Make the main page more configurable, if I don’t want the animation make it a static background. Plus its hard to read the text when its white on a blue/white cloud background
2. More information for the week in the main app, the dropdown has more information at a glance then the main app.
3. Remember the width of the app when it closes… I am moving it everytime to see the day text.
Otherwise it is a very nice app.
After lots of complaints on this board, the company finally got it right
It’s really back to the app I’ve come to rely on. Great app!
Two things to work on: First, it would be nice if the map didn’t open with a deep dive showing only my house. I’d like to set the level of detail—my general area (SF Bay) would be great. I could zoom in or out from there. Second, now that the premium features have been relegated to the preferences (as they should have been from the start), there’s no explanation of what those features are.
Wonky severe alerts
I have weather for both the US and UK set up. A UK town is set as default. Imagine my surprise when the temperature icon was lit up in red indicating a severe alert even though it was sunny outside. I went to the app and saw that the sever alert was for a town in the US, but the actual text said that there was a severe thunderstorm over Scotland OR over a town maybe 100 miles away from the town in the US. The app obviously gets confused. Sort of wish I hadn’t bought it on sale over the weekend.
Also, the main app needs a complete overhaul. It is rather ugly, and the animations add nothing, but instead get in the way.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Mar 04, 2015
- Version: 3.0.2
- Size: 267 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: vimov, LLC
- © vimov, LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.9.0 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases
- Animated Radar Widget (1 year)$1.99