By Jeremy Marchand
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Clipboard Center is a easy-to-use and powerful clipboard manager. Through a history, separated lists and a flexible interface, It allows you to copy and paste images, texts and files in a more efficient way.
• Capture the Clipboard
At moment you enable clipboard capture, texts, images and files copied in your apps will be automatically added to the history.
• Paste efficiently
Each entry, and even a selection of entries, can be pushed again in the current clipboard by a simple click or pasted in the last used app.
• Manage your clipboard with lists
Lists allows you to save and organize the captured items from the clipboard. Each entry will be unique (Clipboard Center control duplicated item and merge them). To find them more easily you can also add labels.
• Black list
Copy from apps of your choice can be ignored by Clipboard Center by adding them to the blacklist.
• A window with multiple behaviors
The app's window can be attached in the upper right corner of the screen, allowing you to easily access it on a desktop or above a full screen app.
When the window is detached, you can also make the window stay always visible and on top of other apps.
In addition to capture items from Clipboard, you can drag and drop images and texts from Clipboard Center on other apps. And vice versa, Clipboard Center can receive items from other apps.
• Clipboard Center preserves the original data
An element of clipboard generally contains multiple representations of a copied item.
In fact, most apps provides a standard representation (text or image) of their clipboards but also others specific to these apps.
Clipboard Center ensures that data will not be lost during the capture.
Each item lists are viewable in a preview window. The texts of several pages or large images are perfectly visible.
Clipboard Center offers a quick search among lists and history.
- There are three display modes: simple lists, lists grouped by apps, lists grouped by type,
- You can configure the types of clipboard that will be captured (texts, rich texts, images and files),
- The number of items in the history can be limited for better readability,
- Customizable shortcuts to toggle app's window and capture.
Feel free to send feedbacks or any requests here : http://www.kodlian.com/contact
What's New in Version 1.71
Fix a bug affecting the Clipboard Center's window position when attached to the menu bar.
Add the Paste script installation directly in the app.
Improve compatibility with PopClip used in Word.
Clipboard managers should be simple and unobtrusive, yet do their job and do it well, so you can quickly grab something you copied before. Although it has some quirks (which is not necessarily due to bugs in this app, but bugs in other apps it may interact with), this app fits the bill. I like the fact that you can easily manage what the app captured, organize clips in lists for future reference, and keep clips between sessions. Very responsive developer too (I had an issue with what I considered to be some odd behavior, and got a response and an explanation in less than 24 hours). Recommended.
**FIXED**Does not work well with multiple displays or Bartender
**1.71 update fixed all the problems I mentioned below. Great job.**
- I have an external display connected to my rMBP. When I click on the menubar icon on my external display, the popup menu of this app shows up in the retina display.
- When I click the desktop on any inactive desktop (the desktop with a grayed-out or muted menubar), the icon turns grey, as if it were not active.
- And the popup windows is no longer aligned with the menubar icon after the icon is moved by Bartende (BTW one quick fix is to drag the popup away so it becoms a window and close it). I don’t believe this is a bug but it can be really nice to see it be Bartender-friendly.
Besides these UI glitches, this is really a handy, beautiful and must-have app and continues to save me a lot of time after I replaced ClipMenu with this app.