Opera Coast web browser
By Opera Software ASA
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Opera Coast is a completely new way to browse the web on iPhone and iPad. Download this easy-to-use browser and discover exciting stories and news from all over the internet. Opera Coast is beautiful, fast, secure and offers the smoothest browsing experience on iOS. Get it now. It’s free.
Opera Coast won’t change your life, but it will amuse, inform and divert you. It's the small moments that can make or break your day, and Opera Coast makes them enjoyable. Like when you need to pass some time at the bus stop, have ten minutes to kill in between meetings or are lounging on the couch on a lazy Sunday afternoon.
We believe there is more to the web than just a handful of favorite sites and the first page of search results. It’s an exciting place, full of surprises waiting to be discovered. Opera Coast brings that to you. It was made to entertain you, without getting in your way.
Here are some of the ways in which Opera Coast makes the web fun:
- It gives you the smoothest browsing experience on iPhone and iPad. It makes websites look just as good as those apps you love, and it lets you use simple gestures to navigate easily and intuitively.
- Every time you open Opera Coast, there will be something new for you to read or enjoy - breaking news, interesting stories and articles and sites we think you might like. Get beyond the same old sites.
- Our search results aren’t a wall of text; they are visual, instead. This makes it easy for you to spot what you are looking for on Google and to access sites.
- Make it your own - match your style and personality. Choose from our selection of wallpapers, or use one of your own pictures.
- We’ll keep you safe. If there is danger from a site, we’ll warn you; otherwise, we won’t bother you with technical details. Just enjoy the ride.
- You can quickly share stuff from the web, and make it more personal by adding a message. Sharing is caring.
- Browse smoothly even on slow networks, thanks to its Opera Turbo technology.
- Juggling several iOS devices? You can sync your Opera Coast data over iCloud between your iPhone and your iPad.
What's New in Version 4.20
This is Opera Coast 4.2, just a fraction of the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything.
In this release:
- Fixed crash on iOS 8.3
- Fixed freezes when browsing and when syncing with iCloud
- Improved performance when browsing
- Improved error messages when there are network problems
- Now reloads automatically when loading eternally on a bad network
- Better handling of low disk space on iPhone/iPad
- Fixed some other crashes
Get ready for new adventures with Opera Coast, and don't forget to bring your towel.
No address copying
Coast is an excellent touch based browser, probably the best one out there. Swipes and taps make it super easy to navigate.
My only gripe is that it's near impossible to quickly copy a page's or (image) item's web address when you're viewing it as there's no classic address bar or alternative copy option. You can use the share button to share on Twitter, FB, Email, etc, but this generates a 3rd party opera coast "card", what have you, and not a simple direct address link like you would expect. I don't use any of the default share app options so the sharing button is one I ignore.
Oddly enough, tap and holding on a hyperlink does give the option to copy just the hyperlink! Why can't this behavior be extended to the page itself?
In short, if you want a easy touch central browser, coast is great for you. If you need to gather links for other purposes, stick with any other browser.
Excellent design, Crashes Often
Like many others I love the look of this browser and it renders pages well (some even better than Mercury, which for a long time has been my go to) and fast. Really, my only gripe is that on my 6 Plus it crashes often. Almost daily. Also, I wish it supported the extensions for 1Password. Right now it's super bare bones and that means it's not going to replace your main browser for many.
Update for April 11:
Still crashes constantly. Actually seems to be crashing more often now.
Takes the attitude that you want favorites, not infinite tabs. So it's my default browser, I keep it in my dock.
It's not my only browser, though. Coast still gets its keyboard stuck sometimes when changing between portrait and landscape, and other transitions are also occasionally slow or even frozen.
Buuut, it's more reliable than most, and its search and recommendations are useful, to me at least. Four stars only because they are consistent in making improvements, like recently adding loading bars so you know you aren't in a hopeless screen freeze.
They're also addicted to snark in their updates and promos, which a younger me would have better appreciated, and a current me is still... tolerant of...
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Apr 11, 2015
- Version: 4.20
- Size: 39.9 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Opera Software ASA
- © Opera Software ASA
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.