Opera Coast web browser
By Opera Software ASA
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Opera Coast is a completely new way to browse the web on iPhone and iPad. Download this easy-to-use browser and discover exciting stories and news from all over the internet. Opera Coast is beautiful, fast, secure and offers the smoothest browsing experience on iOS. Get it now. It’s free.
Opera Coast won’t change your life, but it will amuse, inform and divert you. It's the small moments that can make or break your day, and Opera Coast makes them enjoyable. Like when you need to pass some time at the bus stop, have ten minutes to kill in between meetings or are lounging on the couch on a lazy Sunday afternoon.
We believe there is more to the web than just a handful of favorite sites and the first page of search results. It’s an exciting place, full of surprises waiting to be discovered. Opera Coast brings that to you. It was made to entertain you, without getting in your way.
Here are some of the ways in which Opera Coast makes the web fun:
- It gives you the smoothest browsing experience on iPhone and iPad. It makes websites look just as good as those apps you love, and it lets you use simple gestures to navigate easily and intuitively.
- Every time you open Opera Coast, there will be something new for you to read or enjoy - breaking news, interesting stories and articles and sites we think you might like. Get beyond the same old sites.
- Our search results aren’t a wall of text; they are visual, instead. This makes it easy for you to spot what you are looking for on Google and to access sites.
- Make it your own - match your style and personality. Choose from our selection of wallpapers, or use one of your own pictures.
- We’ll keep you safe. If there is danger from a site, we’ll warn you; otherwise, we won’t bother you with technical details. Just enjoy the ride.
- You can quickly share stuff from the web, and make it more personal by adding a message. Sharing is caring.
- Browse smoothly even on slow networks, thanks to its Opera Turbo technology.
- Juggling several iOS devices? You can sync your Opera Coast data over iCloud between your iPhone and your iPad.
What's New in Version 4.51
Breaking news from our offices in Germany:
We’re recalling millions of copies of Opera Coast for a software update - at no cost to our customers. The recalled web browsers include defeat code that was used to cheat in design tests. The software would sense when it was tested and would instantly smoke the competition. All newer Opera Coast models are affected by this fuel hack and we’re hoping this stability update will avoid a widespread #coastgate scandal.
- Fixed sharing issues with Facebook, WhatsApp, Evernote, VK, Pinterest
- Fixed a bug where it looked like you weren't logged in to Google
- Fixed a bug where you would always see the same suggested sites categories
- Fixed the icon for opera.com
- Fixed a bug when rotating the home screen on iPhone 6/6+
- Fixed a crash related to the hint for switching search engines
- Fixed a bug where the Today Widget wouldn't be displayed on iOS 8
- Removed fictional defeat code
Lightning fast and intuitive
Downloaded Opera Coast a little over a year ago and wasn't impressed, so I relegated it to screen #5 with all the other apps I'm never likely to use. For kicks and giggles I started it up again a week ago. Wow! Wow! and Wow!
Intuitive. Fluid. Fast as hell. Felt like I was browsing the web with Ubuntu Linux. Puts Safari native browser to shame and leaves it in the dust. It's earned a permanent place on screen #1.
You're wasting your time with anything else. You owe it to yourself to at least give it an honest try.
The app is very fast and I don't have to worry so much about pop ups and ads like other browsers but the problem is that the app freezes a lot I have to close it out then go back into it. Please fix this issue soon so people aren't discouraged this is by fare better than other browsers! Fix and I will give 5 stars for sure. Also no one can save pictures?!
iPhone 6 Plus
Very quick and works better than Safari
This is a great browser choice now. So quick snappy and the gesture support is hands down amazing. Makes it a breeze to use. I'm using this over safari now.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Oct 17, 2015
- Version: 4.51
- Size: 33.1 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Opera Software ASA
- © Opera Software ASA
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.