Opera Coast web browser
By Opera Software ASA
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Opera Coast is a completely new way to browse the web on iPhone and iPad. Download this easy-to-use browser and stay updated on exciting stories and news from your favorite sites. Opera Coast is beautiful, fast, secure and offers the smoothest browsing experience on iOS. Get it now. It’s free.
Opera Coast will amuse, inform and divert you. It's the small moments that can make or break your day, and Opera Coast makes them enjoyable. Like when you need to pass some time at the bus stop, have ten minutes to kill in between meetings or are lounging on the couch on a lazy Sunday afternoon.
We believe there is more to the web than just a handful of favorite sites and the first page of search results. It’s an exciting place, full of surprises waiting to be discovered. Opera Coast brings that to you. It was made to entertain you, without getting in your way.
Here are some of the ways in which Opera Coast makes the web fun:
- It gives you the smoothest browsing experience on iPhone and iPad. Websites look just as good as those apps you love, and you can navigate easily using simple gestures (including 3D Touch!).
- Get instant news and entertainment from your favorite sources. As you add sites to your home screen, Opera Coast creates a feed just for you, with updated articles that load instantly.
- Our search results aren’t a wall of text; they are visual, instead. This makes it easy for you to spot what you are looking for on Google and to access sites.
- Make it your own. Match your style and personality. Choose from our selection of wallpapers, or use one of your own pictures.
- We’ll keep you safe. If there is danger from a site, we’ll warn you; otherwise, we won’t bother you with technical details. Just enjoy the ride.
- You can quickly share stuff from the web, and make it more personal by adding a message. Sharing is caring.
- Browse smoothly even on slow networks, thanks to our Opera Turbo technology.
- Juggling several iOS devices? You can sync your Opera Coast data over iCloud between your iPhone and your iPad.
What's New in Version 5.01
While Opera's CTO is floating in the middle of the Pacific rationing food on the Kon-Tiki2, we plan on indulging ourselves during the upcoming holiday weeks starting with a sweet update of Opera Coast, including an improved selection of news articles, more beautiful animations for 3D Touch and numerous other stability and bug fixes.
Did you know that the last time Facebook posted useful release notes was more than 80 weeks ago? Some companies are so big that they don’t have to write change logs. What we think about them is best described with one of the new emoticons featured in iOS 9.1.
Opera Coast will not bore you with the same release notes again and again, and with Coast 5 you won't be bored with reloading your favorite sites again and again. Meet For You: a big heart that says "for you" because we heart you and you'll find instant updates from your favorites there.
Those lucky iPhone 6s owners have For You on steroids. Use 3D Touch to press a tile to get an instant view of the latest updates from that site.
We also added support for the mammoth iPad Pro, which has been a blast to play around with in the office.
And we squashed some bugs, including:
- Improving start up for slower devices
- Fixing broken background images while rotating on iPhone 5s
- Fixing the Google search domain for China and Hong Kong
Loads Of Fun!
I love Coast. It really is what a tablet browser should be. Crazy easy to use. Coast is totally graphical—no menus, no task bars, and amazingly few icons, yet pretty much anything you need to do is only a tap away. Ingenious! I give it only four stars because it crashes once or twice a day, but 1. I'm using it on a 3rd gen iPad, and 2. I use it A LOT! It's really not that big a deal because it always comes back to where I was when I restart it, so it really only costs me a few seconds. I also just updated to 5.01 right before writing this, so maybe it will behave a bit better.
Don't let that turn you off though. Coast is the coolest thing you do with your iPad. I can't wait to use it on an iPad Pro!
Lightning fast and intuitive
Downloaded Opera Coast a little over a year ago and wasn't impressed, so I relegated it to screen #5 with all the other apps I'm never likely to use. For kicks and giggles I started it up again a week ago. Wow! Wow! and Wow!
Intuitive. Fluid. Fast as hell. Felt like I was browsing the web with Ubuntu Linux. Puts Safari native browser to shame and leaves it in the dust. It's earned a permanent place on screen #1.
You're wasting your time with anything else. You owe it to yourself to at least give it an honest try.
Using Coast is a breeze. The UI is intuitive. Really like that when you're finished with your query - the page is saved at the bottom of the screen for future reference. Or, you can add it to your icons on the Coast home screen. Also, really like the fact that you can just swipe between screens within the query results. So convenient. The query results are always spot on - the relevant information almost always pops up first. Coast has become my go to search engine.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Dec 16, 2015
- Version: 5.01
- Size: 34.5 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Opera Software ASA
- © Opera Software ASA
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.