Opera Coast web browser
By Opera Software ASA
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Opera Coast is a completely new way to browse the web on iPhone and iPad. Download this easy-to-use browser and discover exciting stories and news from all over the internet. Opera Coast is beautiful, fast, secure and offers the smoothest browsing experience on iOS. Get it now. It’s free.
Opera Coast won’t change your life, but it will amuse, inform and divert you. It's the small moments that can make or break your day, and Opera Coast makes them enjoyable. Like when you need to pass some time at the bus stop, have ten minutes to kill in between meetings or are lounging on the couch on a lazy Sunday afternoon.
We believe there is more to the web than just a handful of favorite sites and the first page of search results. It’s an exciting place, full of surprises waiting to be discovered. Opera Coast brings that to you. It was made to entertain you, without getting in your way.
Here are some of the ways in which Opera Coast makes the web fun:
- It gives you the smoothest browsing experience on iPhone and iPad. It makes websites look just as good as those apps you love, and it lets you use simple gestures to navigate easily and intuitively.
- Every time you open Opera Coast, there will be something new for you to read or enjoy - breaking news, interesting stories and articles and sites we think you might like. Get beyond the same old sites.
- Our search results aren’t a wall of text; they are visual, instead. This makes it easy for you to spot what you are looking for on Google and to access sites.
- Make it your own - match your style and personality. Choose from our selection of wallpapers, or use one of your own pictures.
- We’ll keep you safe. If there is danger from a site, we’ll warn you; otherwise, we won’t bother you with technical details. Just enjoy the ride.
- You can quickly share stuff from the web, and make it more personal by adding a message. Sharing is caring.
- Browse smoothly even on slow networks, thanks to its Opera Turbo technology.
- Juggling several iOS devices? You can sync your Opera Coast data over iCloud between your iPhone and your iPad.
What's New in Version 4.31
That's what you get from bragging about your bug fixing skills. In our last update we eliminated 50% of crashes, and unleashed a new one that was huge. A cockroach, you might say.It is now fixed. We bend our heads in shame.
However, we are about 3.2% sure that Sepp Blatter resigned because of our last changelog (see below). You are welcome.
New in 4.30:
When it comes to fixing, we can't beat Sepp Blatter. But in this update we fixed as much as we could. Up to 50% fewer crashes. We hope we get reelected as your main browser even if we don’t pay you in cash!
We also made a new notification center widget. It's pretty cool. Check it out! It's in the thing you pull down from the top of your screen. Hit the Edit button at the bottom to add it.
Stuff we improved:
* Stability and performance; Opera Coast should crash between 25%-50% less often
* Icon designs for several sites
* Evernote note share; we've included a link
* Custom icons for site tiles added through the add to home screen dialog and synced via iCloud
Stuff we fixed:
* The share button that was not working on some sites
* The add to home screen button which wouldn't let you add back a site if you removed it from your home screen
* The broken browser state after opening a site from search that initiated a security warning
The Best Browsing Format for Mobile
Opera Coast is gradually replacing Safari for me. For most of my idle browsing, Coast's format makes it easy to visit the handful of pages I check multiple times a day. The visuals on the sharing intents are wonderful, and the loading screens for sites are somehow way less annoying than staring at a half-loaded page. It has crashed on me a few times, but it hasn't really disrupted my experience.
When I first heard about Coast I was somewhat unmoved as I already had Google Chrome installed on my phone but I decided to give it a try anyways and it's been great.
Runs very smoothly, rarely crashes, and is highly customizable. I just wish it didn't open a new tab every time I clicked on a new link.
Other than that It's great. Nice work and keep it up Opera.
Not sure I understand the hype...
After reading all the hype and 5-Star reviews, I figured I'd give it a try! But honestly, I'm rather disappointed... It has WAY LESS features than Safari, let alone Chrome (which honestly seems to remove features by the update), -1 star for the lack of features. It is very smooth, so 3 stars for that. However, it's also pretty slow when clicking links / initial loading, so -1 star for that.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jun 04, 2015
- Version: 4.31
- Size: 35.1 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Opera Software ASA
- © Opera Software ASA
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.