Opera Coast web browser
By Opera Software ASA
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Opera Coast is a completely new way to browse the web on iPhone and iPad. Download this easy-to-use browser and discover exciting stories and news from all over the internet. Opera Coast is beautiful, fast, secure and offers the smoothest browsing experience on iOS. Get it now. It’s free.
Opera Coast won’t change your life, but it will amuse, inform and divert you. It's the small moments that can make or break your day, and Opera Coast makes them enjoyable. Like when you need to pass some time at the bus stop, have ten minutes to kill in between meetings or are lounging on the couch on a lazy Sunday afternoon.
We believe there is more to the web than just a handful of favorite sites and the first page of search results. It’s an exciting place, full of surprises waiting to be discovered. Opera Coast brings that to you. It was made to entertain you, without getting in your way.
Here are some of the ways in which Opera Coast makes the web fun:
- It gives you the smoothest browsing experience on iPhone and iPad. It makes websites look just as good as those apps you love, and it lets you use simple gestures to navigate easily and intuitively.
- Every time you open Opera Coast, there will be something new for you to read or enjoy - breaking news, interesting stories and articles and sites we think you might like. Get beyond the same old sites.
- Our search results aren’t a wall of text; they are visual, instead. This makes it easy for you to spot what you are looking for on Google and to access sites.
- Make it your own - match your style and personality. Choose from our selection of wallpapers, or use one of your own pictures.
- We’ll keep you safe. If there is danger from a site, we’ll warn you; otherwise, we won’t bother you with technical details. Just enjoy the ride.
- You can quickly share stuff from the web, and make it more personal by adding a message. Sharing is caring.
- Browse smoothly even on slow networks, thanks to its Opera Turbo technology.
- Juggling several iOS devices? You can sync your Opera Coast data over iCloud between your iPhone and your iPad.
What's New in Version 4.40
In an effort to help the Russian Interior Minister, Opera Coast issues the following public safety announcement. Remain safe and avoid our killer news feed in landscape during the following situations: ghost riding the whip, extreme hammock swinging, lion taunting, firearm fist pumping, karate tram fighting, and stunt boating. For more helpful tips, search for "Russian selfie rules".
Besides keeping you safe, here's what you can now do in Opera Coast:
- View the home screen in landscape on iPhone 6
- Set your news feed's region and language in the settings menu
- Cancel a long-loading page by tapping a new "X" icon
- Love or hate Opera Coast and rate us with awesome shiny graphics
- Develop better app experiences with x-callback-support
We also fixed a sync-related crash and a mysterious zoom shadow, as well as improved performance and stability.
Update4: I used to love this browser, but over the last year ads on mobile have become so intrusive that browsing from a phone has become impossible without ad blocking. Opera, I guess you have reasons for not including ad blocking, but without it you'll never achieve real presence on mobile.
Update: Coast still blows me away. I wish it was available on other platforms.
I've used opera browsers on mobile since my RAZR flip phone, but over the past few years Opera fell behind other browsers so I haven't used them in probably two years. Mercury has been my choice browser on iOS and I think that's still a great browser but COAST is WOW! I think Opera is rocking the browser world now once again.
Good but not the best
It is quite fast but don't bother if you're going to use it as a replacement for safari. It lags tremendously, most of the time giving me a blank white page when I click most links. I've been using it for a month and I'm not impressed. Also, if you're trying to access a site that has ads, FORGET ABOUT IT! Impossible!! :( will continue searching for another one...
Not quite there
Each revision slightly better. But still jumping back to iPad home page and crashing (freezing) for no obvious reason. Sometimes will not allow scroll of page (may be still loading) but doesn't happen with other browsers. I'm using but still not my first choice.
Last update led to increased problems. Like the concept but not the implementation....so far.
Ipad 2 air
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jul 09, 2015
- Version: 4.40
- Size: 35.8 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Opera Software ASA
- © Opera Software ASA
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.