- A new crossword experience
- Challenge yourself with countless puzzles
- Relax while exploring thematic worlds
- Have fun while you learn
Join CodyCross, a friendly alien that has crash-landed on Earth and counts on your help to learn about our planet! Travel across space and time as you unveil our planet's history and humanity’s accomplishments through themed puzzles.
Explore beautiful sceneries, use your knowledge and skills in a one-of-a-kind word game, where every correct answer takes you closer to completing the puzzle and revealing the secret word!
- Explore beautifully designed worlds with hundreds of levels to play
- Each world brings new themes and genres that will challenge the wisest of puzzle lovers
- Innovative gameplay that brings a new twist to crossword puzzles
- If you get stuck on a question, use the power-up to reveal a letter
- Sync your progress across all devices by connecting to Facebook
- Play levels offline if you don’t have internet connection (with limited features)
- You can subscribe to play unlimited puzzles in different levels of difficulties (easy, medium, hard and kids)
- The subscriptions are from $3.99 weekly, $9.99 monthly and $64.99/annually*
- All prices are subject to change without notification. We occasionally run promotional prices as incentives or limited time opportunities for qualifying purchases made during the promotional time period. Due to the time sensitive and promotional nature of these events, we are unable to offer price protection or retroactive discounts or refunds for previous purchases in the event of a price reduction or promotional offering
- You'll be able to play unlimited puzzles for the duration of your subscription
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
– Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when the user purchases a CodyCross subscription
*Prices may vary according to your iTunes account country
If you ran out of CodyCross puzzles to play too soon, we're here for you.
This new version brings you fresh content with a new world of puzzles inspired by the Department Store.
With the update also comes a smoother journey thanks to some small improvements, bug fixes and clear skies.
Ratings and Reviews
The game is fun, and the challenges vary from almost ridiculously easy to frustratingly hard. The “space cadet” background format is a bit silly for someone like me who is in my seventh decade, but it is tolerable. Some of the clues are a bit inaccurate, if not misleading, and there is no immediate way to report or challenge them. I taught English for over forty years, so I have a bit of insight regarding definitions. All that said, the ads are the most annoying aspect. As a disclaimer, I fully realize that many other games have the same ads with the exact same problem. If a game cannot “hook” you in ten to fifteen seconds, the remaining fifteen aren’t going to either. Most annoying are the ones that you “X” out of only to have a second screen with a wait to hit the second “X.” What are these ad designers thinking? Has it occurred to them that these persistent and duplex ads actually may have the psychologically reverse effect of “I will never download that annoying thing.” Thus, hook me in fifteen seconds or less, or forget it.
By the way, my wife and I play the same games on our IPads as a competition which makes for a lot of fun except that she wins too often.
Developer Response ,
We're constantly working to improve the game to give our players the best possible experience! Therefore, we are always testing new and different business models to support the requirements for maintaining the quality of the app.
Also, we are always really worried about the game's quality and your feedback greatly helps us. Whenever you see content that you think is not fitting with the game, please access the options menu while playing and use the option "Report Word" to report it to us so we can make the game even better!
We will forward your feedback to the rest of the team!
Have a wonderful day!
Good Improvement System
A while back I had tried playing this game, but some of the questions were really easy and the game was rather boring due to the lack of challenge. However I saw an ad for Cody Cross while I was playing another mobile game, so I figured I might as well try it out again. Turns out the developers for this app added in a review after each level. After each level it asks if a certain question out of that level is fun or boring and they use this customer feedback to exterminate low-scoring questions, and it seems that it has made the game far more challenging and interesting! I have enjoyed this game so much that I haven’t put my phone down since I started playing it, four months ago! Karen if you’re reading this please let me have weekend visits with our kids y’all mean the world to me I promise I’ll get off my phone and spend time with them. But due to the addictiveness of this game I had to give it four stars and not five. Yes this game is fun, but the cost of losing your wife and kids is not worth it.
Fun, but needs improvement
I have really enjoyed this game so far, but the main reason I write this is so I can give some criticism.
First, I feel the difficulty goes all over the place. Going from six- to nine-letter clues is way harder than it sounds. If the first part of the game had only six or seven letters, and the eight or nine letter puzzles were saved for later, the game would be much more approachable. Also, some of the clues are just far too much out there. I feel like literally nobody would know some of these obscure clues without Googling the answer.
The most frustrating thing though is the fact that the clues don’t tell you how many words are in each answer. Normal crossword puzzles tell you if the answer has more than one word, so why not this game? There are so many clues where I’ve been stumped since the puzzles make it look like it’s always one word, but many times it’s two or even three. If I had known that, I could have gotten the answer easily.
If the devs see this, please fix these issues. It would make the game better for anyone.
- Fanatee, Inc.
- 382.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Fanatee
- In-App Purchases
- CodyCross Premium $3.99
- Handful of tokens $1.99
- Pocketful of tokens $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.