Over 75,000 translations • Conjugates thousands of Portuguese and English verbs • Hundreds of usage notes and examples • No internet connection required
Carry a dependable Portuguese and English reference everywhere you go with the Collins Pro Portuguese-English Translation Dictionary. This app contains dictionary data from HarperCollins in our popular Ultralingua interface. Use our verb conjugation tool to find complete conjugations of thousands of verbs in all standard forms, and the number translator to convert numerals into Portuguese or English text instantly.
• Over 45,000 entries with 75,000 translations
• Tap-and-hold any word or phrase and choose "Speak" from the popup menu to hear that word spoken using Apple's built-in text-to-speech feature.
• Noun genders
• Slang, technical language, and regional differences in spelling and usage
• Hundreds of usage notes about troublesome constructions
• Smart search results in case you misspell or mistype
• Search-as-you-go displays words and narrows your selection as you type
• Conjugations for thousands of Portuguese and English verbs
• Includes all standard tenses and forms
• Smart search finds infinitives and catches misspellings
• Must-have reference tool for any student or language professional
• On iPhone/iPod touch, conjugate a verb from the dictionary results by tapping it
• Translate numerals into Portuguese and English text with the number tool
• Language swapper button to switch from Portuguese-English to English-Portuguese
• Tap the history button to view the 50 most recent dictionary definitions, verb conjugations, and more in one place. Sort the list alphabetically or by date, and choose to clear the list completely or delete one entry at a time.
• No internet connection required
• Change your device settings to view the app display in English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, or German
"Great investment - You really can't go wrong with Ultralingua dictionaries. It has everything: pronunciation guide, conjugations for every verb in every tense, number feature, great and precise definitions, plus useful sample sentences. I don't think there's a better Portuguese dictionary in the store. It's a great investment for your future whether you travel to Brazil, Portugal, or other Portuguese speaking countries." -User review
View our reviews below to see why users love this app, and remember to let us know what you think!
This universal app will run on iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, so you can purchase it once and load it onto all your devices. The iPad and iPhone/iPod touch versions look and behave differently to give you a great experience on every device you own. The interface will change, but you’ll always have the same outstanding language data and tools inside.
Dictionaries are available from Ultralingua for many languages, including combinations of English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, German, and more. See what else we have to offer by searching for Ultralingua in the App Store.
Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook for app news, language learning tips, and more:
• Updated for iOS 11 and iPhone X
• Data improvements
• Small bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Well worth the price
I was hesitant to buy an app priced so much higher than other dictionaries but I have gotten my money's worth MANY times over studying portuguese in Brazil. When you need to find a word there is no fumbling around - you have it instantly. The conjugations are also extemely valuable to students of the language. Very rarely are words missing from the dictionary - although notably missing different cuts of meat! It's quite complete, but it is not really a phrasebook. Buy this if you live in Brazil (well, you'll be happy until your iphone is stolen) or serious about learning. Do not buy if you are a tourist!
Suggestions for the developer: switching back and forth between the dictionary and conjugations is so cumbersome and awkward! It is almost like two seperate programs. Why not make this more seamless?
I love these dictionaries!!!!
Well...I study Romance Languages, Spanish(my first language) Italian (2 yrs. of it) and I am about to start French and Portuguese, I own Collins Spanish and Italian pro, and I just bought this one for French and for Portuguese... I am confident that It won't let me down.....especially since such an old company is behind these apps. it beats carrying a dictionary with you which does not conjugate verbs and does not write numbers for you... BUYT IT!!! It's worth every penny...! [UPDATE] I e-mailed the developers before buying this app...I wanted to know if this app, was for European Portuguese or Brazilian...they said in their reply that it was both.
Initially Unhappy with Update but Now I'd Kiss the Developer
I work in Brasil & have been using this dictionary for over a year now & found it to be indispensable before the update.
I was a bit jarred by the completely new user interface & then I clicked on a verb to conjugate & found that the developers have added an extremely important element for verb conjugation which is missing in EVERY single book (including 501 Portuguese verbs.)
This dictionary now includes Portuguese & English conjugations side by side for most of the verb forms in the dictionary!
Now you don't need to know the meaning of preterit, mais que perfeto, subjunctivo, etc.
This makes your learning experience a ton easier!
Compared to most iPhone/iPad apps this app is expensive; but if you need to learn Brasilian Portuguese, don't be a cheapskate & cough up the dough!!!
You only pay once & you can use it on both the iPhone & iPad...
- Ultralingua, Inc.
- 20.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Ultralingua, Inc. 2018
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.