Over 90,000 translations • Conjugates thousands of Russian and English verbs • Hundreds of usage notes and examples • No internet connection required
Carry a dependable Russian and English reference everywhere you go with the Collins Pro Russian-English Translation Dictionary. This app contains dictionary data from HarperCollins in our popular Ultralingua interface. Use our verb conjugation tool to find complete conjugations of thousands of verbs in all standard forms, and the number translator to convert numerals into Russian or English text instantly.
• Over 58,000 entries with 90,000 translations
• Tap-and-hold any word or phrase and choose "Speak" from the popup menu to hear that word spoken using Apple's built-in text-to-speech feature.
• Stress is marked on all Russian entries, helpful for learning meanings and pronunciation
• Plurals and irregular forms for all parts of speech
• Case information included for irregular Russian nouns
• Perfective and imperfective verb forms included
• English regional spelling and usage examples
• Slang, technical language, and regional differences in spelling and usage
• Hundreds of usage notes and examples
• Smart search results in case you misspell or mistype
• Instant search displays words and narrows your selection as you type
• Conjugations for thousands of Russian and English verbs
• Includes all standard tenses and forms
• Smart search finds infinitives and catches misspellings
• Must-have reference tool for any student or language professional
• Conjugate a verb from the dictionary results by tapping it
• Translate numerals into Russian and English text with the number tool
• Language swapper button to switch from Russian-English to English-Russian
• Tap the history button to view the 50 most recent dictionary definitions, verb conjugations, and more in one place. Sort the list alphabetically or by date, and choose to clear the list completely or delete one entry at a time.
• No internet connection required
• Change your device settings to view the app display in English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, or German
View our reviews below to see why users love this app, and remember to let us know what you think!
This universal app will run on iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, so you can purchase it once and load it onto all your devices. The iPad and iPhone/iPod touch versions look and behave differently to give you a great experience on every device you own. The interface will change, but you’ll always have the same outstanding language data and tools inside.
Dictionaries are available from Ultralingua for many languages, including combinations of English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, German, and more. See what else we have to offer by searching for Ultralingua in the App Store.
Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook for app news, language learning tips, and more.
• Updated for iOS 11 and iPhone X
• Data improvements
• Small bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Great app, with one little issue
This is easily the best Russian dictionary app. A lot of care was put into making the interface clean and intuitive.
The only issue is that it's clumsy to close definitions. You open a definition by tapping on the word, but to close you have to click on a little "arrows" button on the other side of the screen. The definitions also stay open forever, so after awhile a bunch of definitions are open. I'd expect them to be closed automatically at some point, like when you open the app.
not worth it
Ultralingua acts as a dictionary where you can search for words and phrase but it also provides other tools to help you learn and practice the language as well. The one thing to point out, this is more of a dictionary. You can type in a few phrases but need to plan to stick to single words. The app didn't offer phonetic translation and didn't have audio clips. Frankly, it was useless on my trip to Russia and I'm rather annoyed I paid so much for it. Again, how do you pronounce an upside down h? The bottom line, without phonetic translation or text to speech how can you really use it?
Incredible Russian Dictionary
Collins does it again! This is my fourth Collins dictionary (I also have Italian, Spanish, and French) and I have yet to be disappointed. I used to carry around bulky dictionaries. Not only is this more compact... It also gives many phrases and examples that you'll actually use. It's easy to get the Russian keyboard on your iTouch/phone.
- Ultralingua, Inc.
- 25.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Ultralingua, Inc. 2018
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.