*** The Free Trial is really FREE! It's a $0.00 In-App Purchase. ***
"I've only had it for a day but it is by far my favorite app on my iPad Pro. It is the app I have been waiting for. Thank you!" - Alex Ogle, Comic Book Artist.
View and create awesome comics right on your iPad! Comic Draw comes with everything you need: brushes, fonts and tools to make reading & creating cartoons and comics easy and fun!
While the basic app allows viewing and sharing of Comic Draw comics, an In-App Purchase unlocks the full editing capabilities. Start with a comic or cartoon template and get creating today!
• Comic Viewer Feature Highlights
- Optimized for iPad Pro
- Integrated fullscreen comic reader
- Import and Export Comic Draw files
• Comic Editor Feature Highlights
- Optimized for iPad Pro and Apple Pencil
- Supports Adonit & Wacom pressure sensitive styluses
- Standard comic and cartoon templates
- 34 bundled brushes
- 130+ bundled comic fonts
- Layers and layer groups
- 1, 2 & 3 point perspective guides
- Fast and easy comic lettering
- Auto-save enabled - never lose your artwork
- Integrated publishing system
- 34 bundled brushes
- Textures and screentones
- Lots of customization options
- Easy favoriting system
- Import and export brushes for fast sharing
- Build up your artwork with layers
- Layer groups help separate your stages of work
- Lock, hide and merge layers as you go
- Layer blend modes for advanced effects
- Create custom color palettes
- Multiple bundled palettes including a classic comic color palette
- Fast color blocking with automatic edge detection from higher layers
- Quick shade adjustment slider
- Canvas color sampling
• Perspective Guides
- 1, 2 and 3 point guides available
- Multiple guides per page
- Automatic perspective snap of strokes, lines, rectangles and ovals
- Simple guide calibration from reference photo or sketch
• Selection and Masking
- Copy, flip, distort and filter selected areas
- Filters include hue, saturation, brightness, recolor, background exclusion and foreground selection.
- Mask regions for safe painting
- 130+ bundled fonts
- Advanced balloon support including extension balloons
- Sophisticated lettering controls including warping and 3D effects
- Advanced style system for consistent fonts and graphic design across multiple pages
• Script Editor
- Full comic script editor included
- Automatic keyword recognition
- Drag and drop lettering elements from the script to comic page
- Separate sketch area with simplified tools
- Fast switching between sketch and final artwork
- Lettering layer available for panel layout planning
• Publishing & Sharing
- Record video of your creative process
- Upload to Comic Connect for fast and easy publishing
- Import Comic Draw native format
- Export as Comic Draw native format, PDF, ePub, JPG or PNG
- Export to AirDrop, iCloud Drive, Photos, iTunes, email and many more
* Fixes an issue where script paragraph indents are transferred to balloon and caption text
* Fixes an issue when creating a new page in sketch mode doesn't select the sketching layer group automatically
* Fixes an issue where opening the page chooser doesn't scroll to the current page
Ratings and Reviews
Can’t believe I can do all this on an iPad!
I recently ran a successful Kickstarter to fund my first comic book. Originally, I planned to draw everything by hand, scan the artwork, then color everything in Photoshop. But after taking Comic Draw for a serious test drive, I now realize I can do all that (and more) directly on my iPad Pro. This app has opened up a whole new world for me creatively. Thank you, Plasq!!!
My only suggestions for the app are minor (and not worth subtracting a star, so I’m still giving it five stars). For instance I’d love to see the same “snap to grid” functionality for drawing comic boxes on the lettering layer that you have on the pencil and inking layers. I’d like to have a more sophisticated color picker that lets us choose specific RGB, CMYK and HEX values for colors, and so on.
But even if the lack of certain features (such as a more robust color picker) keep you from using this app as an all-in-one solution, it’s still a powerful tool to integrate somewhere into your workflow. Currently, because I’m running Comic Draw on an iPad Pro, I’m able to create full-sized pages at 600dpi, with up to 11 layers, and export them as Photoshop files. And drawing on the iPad Pro with an Apple Pencil is a DREAM!!!
game changing. i finally got my comic done!
I had completed half my drawings for my first comic (18 pages) but my workflow took me forever to iterate and wasnt fun at all. As a result it had gone 5 years without completion. After I got my ipad pro 10.5 I redid my drawings in procreate but got stuck with dialogue. Thats when i found Comic Draw. I was able to import my script and do what would have taken me days or more in just a few hours.
I am so happy to support the devs by purchasing the app. Now not all is perfect as is pointed out in other 4 and 5 star reviews. That said, it gave me the crucial help i needed to complete a project that had me stuck. I am excited to see the developers go even further with the app. Thanks for making it!
PS: I forgot I wrote this review a few months ago and came back to give it 5 stars only to be confronted with my original positive review. 10 stars!
Excellent, with 2 minor flaws
It does everything its supposed to and more as far as content creation goes, and it works really well when starting a new project from scratch. My only wish is that it were easier to continue a project from a previous start. The app makes it really difficult to import full finished page art since there’s no direct import option, and the hassle of having to copy and paste and then resize to fit the app’s page is a serious pain, due to the sensitivity of the touch controls. Keyboard commands/shortcuts would be the only other thing I’d add to complete the app.
- plasq LLC
- 176.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017-2018 plasq LLC.
- In-App Purchases
- Free Trial Free
- Unlock Full App $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.