Command Line Program is a command line program for iOS.
It is not a shell, but a collection of various commands using the greatest UI of all time: the command-line interface.
Use cases to use commands of Command Line Program come from the need that is right now.
- Check latest tweets using "tweet" command and tweet latest Astronomy Picture of the Day.
- What is my latitude and longitude right now: use "location" command and there it is.
- Are there cafes nearby: use command "location nearby cafe".
- What is my device's IP address: use "network" command.
- What is the ASCII code of '+': use "ascii" command.
- What was the Astronomy Picture of the Day of Christmas Eve 2012: use "apod" command.
- View latest RSS items of your favourite feeds.
- Get inspiration for the moment from proverbs all over the world.
- And so on and so forth...
Depending on new needs, user wishes or some other trigger, new commands will be implemented.
Over a dozen commands are implemented, including:
-apod, Astronomy Picture of the Day by NASA.
-quakes, list latest earthquakes
-ascii, ASCII and extended ASCII, chars 0 - 255.
-cowsay, Cow says.
-curl, Get URL content (text/plain & application/json).
-httpheaders, Retrieve and list HTTP headers.
-location, Current location.
-network, Device network info.
-quakes, Show latest earthquakes.
-proverb, Collection of proverbs around the globe (over 40,000).
-pwd, Generate random passwords.
-quote, Collection of various quotes (over 150,000).
-roman, Roman numeral converter and calculator.
-rss, Read RSS feeds.
-sun, Sunrise/sunset time in current location.
-tweet, Send and search tweets.
-uname, Generate random usernames.
Some features require purchase of Premium features. Premium features are purchase using command "Premium purchase". Command "Premium info" gives more information about Premium features.
- Added today-command. Shows random event, birth and death from Wikipedia. Includes also arguments to show all events, births and deaths of today.
Ratings and Reviews
Neat app, needs landscape mode on iPad
This app would easily score 4-5 stars, if it had a landscape mode on the iPad, it’s a pain to take it out of the case to use the keyboard.
- Sami Salkosuo
- 70.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016, 2018 Sami Salkosuo
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Features $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.