Commander One PRO is a revolutionary file manager for Mac with dual-panel interface. Completely developed in Swift, this file management software provides multiple advanced tools for efficient work with your files, folders, documents, archives, remote servers and computer processes.
Cultofmac.com - “This app is everything OS X Finder wants to be”
Appleworld.today -”I'd describe it more as a handy Finder "enhancer" that's great for Mac OS X "power users"; “If you consider yourself a "power user" and want the ability to tweak and fiddle with the functions on your Mac, you'll find it very handy — especially the pro version.”
Besides the basic OS X file manager features, Commander One PRO also has a number of handy optimizations to your workflow:
- Create, delete, open, move, and rename files and folders;
- Use regular expressions in file search;
- Various view modes;
- Unlimited tabs;
- File operations can be queued even if they were in progress;
- Customizable hotkeys;
- History, Favorites;
- Select the program to open the file;
- All computers over network are detected and displayed in the list.
Commander One PRO is also a WebDAV and FTP client. It allows working with many types of archives and search through them. You can mount various Cloud services like Dropbox, Google Drive and OneDrive in Commander One for quick and easy access to your online files.
- Access remote servers via FTP, SFTP or FTPS;
- Two panels are for sure more efficient than one;
- Keep an eye on file operations with convenient queueing;
- Change files permissions.
- Connect to WebDAV servers. You can connect to as many servers as you need at the same time in Commander One.
- Work directly with your files stored on the server, as if they are stored in a local folder on your Mac.
- Transfer files from one WebDAV server to another, without downloading them to your Mac.
Amazon S3 Browser:
- Access and work with files of Amazon S3 account;
- Link your Amazon S3 account fully or only specific buckets.
Work with Clouds
- Commander One is the single-stop Dropbox client for any number of accounts;
- Mount your online Dropbox without installing it on your Mac and copying your data there;
- Share Dropbox links right from Commander One;
- Connect Dropbox Business account to get fast and easy access to your work files;
- Mount your Google Drive account, work with your online files and share Google Drive folders;
- Manage your Google Drive files and folders in Commander One without saving them on Mac;
- Mount Microsoft OneDrive on Mac and access your online files from Commander One as any local ones.
Mount MTP devices:
You can easily mount your MTP devices and access their contents - just connect your device to Mac and it will be available as a mounted drive in Commander One. You can also use it for OS X Android file transfer.
Compress and Extract:
- Extract and compress 7zip packages, or work with 7zip Mac archives as regular folders: view, add, or remove files without extracting;
- Extract files from RAR packages, search archive contents, copy files from RAR without even extracting;
- Gain full access to TAR packages (TBZ, TGZ, Tar.Z, tar.lzma and tar.xz) including compress, extract, open as a folder and search archive contents;
- Work with .ipa, .apk, .jar, .ear, .war files as with regular folders.
Make it unique:
- Commander One offers pre-designed color themes and allows you to create your very own theme for maximum convenience and unique feeling;
- Customize fonts up to your visual convenience.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to help. Your feedback is welcome and will be taken into account for next releases.
Fixed: an issue with accessing some folders.
Improved: overall stability.
Lots of other minor fixes and improvements (thank you guys for your continued feedback!).
Ratings and Reviews
Great Mac finder, especially reliable, clear UI like Total Commander
Very pleased to see this. Please continue developing ;-) . Devs seem responsive: I asked for alternate line shading in the browser….and it soon appeared in an update! Plug in options to add features would be nice. TC (TotalCommander) has been in development for so long it has most features one could possibly dream of-but I never use Win any more. Wonder what the Commander One development plan looks like??
I wish this were available the first 6 or 8 years after I switched to Macs! I was in total TotalCommander withdrawal (except for use in a VM). So I learned to use finder & pathfinder and don’t use CommanderOnePro as my only finder. But CommanderOne is solid and great! E.g. the archive features (different compress engines builtin, plus ability to view archive as a directory-without dearchiving) are better than most other mac file managers. And the design with the option of old fashioned function keys for copy/move--looks clunky at first--but is 100% more reliable than drag/drop for critical file management tasks. Plus this’ll give me directory sizes for internal or external drives instantly—unlike other finders which often churn away or fail to update.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for taking the time to review our software. The team here at Eltima is thrilled to hear such good feedback, and we’re more than happy to have such customers as you.
Firstly i was a hardcore Total Commander user, can’t live without it. And after switch to MacOS i’ve searched for an alternative and i was very sad that all of the available file managers lack features that is must have for me, ugly or just acts weird. Than I found Commander Pro. This is the best alternative for TC.
Here are few possible enhancements imho:
- copy/move files: if one file is selected for copy/move the filename needs to be filled in the end of path input, so you can rename the file if you want
- file overwrite: for me this is the worst implementation. Why is the “keep both” the deafult? is anybody use this? imho the default is need to be cancel and need some shortcut or able to switch options with the cursors. Oh and the "apply to all" needs to be an option not a checkbox. For this the TC is the golden standard.
- the built in viewer need to open any unknow format in text mode, not in hex
- draging files need some enhancements. When i like to drag file it always keeps select files, and when i like to select files it drag one of them
- the calculate dir size feature need some process indicator that it is in the process. Check TC for example.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your posted feedback. Please see our commentaries below:
1) There is an option copy and rename file at the same time. Just press F5, then put a slash in the path field and type the required file name after the slash. If you copy only one file and type a new name after the slash, the file will be renamed and will appear with the new name in the target pane.
2) In order to skip this "keep both", please go to System Preferences-> Keyboard-> Shortcuts and activate 'All Controls' option.
3) Commander One’s built-in file viewer is available via F3 and is designed for viewing files in different formats. You can choose between the following viewing modes: https://www.eltima.com/wiki/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/c1-file-view.png
4) Our developers will improve the drag and drop option in further update of the app.
5) I've passed this feedback to our developers to consider adding such an option.
Commander One Pro -FTP Client
I have been an avid fan of Total Commander for Windows for many years. When I purchased my MaBookPro, I was disappointed to find there were no dual-pane file managers available for the Mac like Total Commander. While getting a Total Commander update for my Windows computer, I read a thread re Mac users inquiring about a file manager for the Mac. The thread recommended Commander One Pro. I purchased it immediately and never looked back. The only thing I would like to see is "cloud" integration and a way to mark compare files and sync between the panes.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for being a loyal customer and writing this awesome review. I would like to inform you that Commander One does not have the integration with iCloud Drive due to the technical reasons. As of now, you can only access the local copies of the files in ~/Library/Mobile Documents. As for "Compare directories" and "Synchronize Directories", I have passed your suggestion to our developers for further consideration. Thank you for your time and cooperation.
- ELTIMA LLC
- 17.4 MB
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Eltima Software
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.