Communicate Easy - An inexpensive but high quality app with lots of functionality designed to aid communication with non-verbal individuals using customizable visual prompts, picture / sound / video cards for choice making ,schedules and stories. The app is a picture communication system targeted to helping individuals with Autism / ASD, Aspergers, ADHD, ADD, FG syndrome and other special needs conditions. The app is also beneficial to other young children.
*** ALL profits from sales made in New Zealand go to Autism NZ.
10% of profits from other parts of the world are also donated to Autism NZ. ***
Communicate Easy has appeared on national TV3 News and has featured in the "Computer World" magazine.
"The Communicate Easy app is an excellent programme for those with autism and significant language problems and I urge parents and teachers to seriously consider downloading the app for the children they love and support."
- Professor Tony Attwood
** FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE LIBRARY
- Create cards with pictures, sound and sound effects or videos or books.
- Create folders to contain a group of cards and more folders.
- Create multiple libraries for more individuals.
- Change the order of cards as desired.
- Ability to bulk move cards and folders.
- Ability to create a list of tasks you want an individual to complete.
- Ability to hide tasks when not applicable for a particular instance.
- Ability to tick the items on completion.
** VISUAL PROMPTS AND CHOICE MAKING
- Use the library to show visual prompts to indicate "what is happening next".
- Present a selection of items to an individual to choose from - with the ability to hide or make items visibly unavailable.
- Change card states to quickly restrict choices.
** SEARCH AND AD-HOC CHOICE BOARDS
- Find cards using the search function
- Add cards to an ad-hoc First Then board, choice board, or schedule.
- Add books to help teach skills, processes and to help overcome challenging situations.
- Add multiple pages with images, descriptive text and sounds.
- User can flip backwards and forwards through the pages.
- Add another dimension to cards by using video.
- Load video files onto the iPad using iTunes or transferring from camera.
- Use inbuilt camera to make videos from within the app.
** USER FRIENDLY
- Easy to use interface for the targeted individuals and tested with my own autistic son.
- Simple to customize.
- Backup and restore functionality.
- Modes to minimize risk of data getting overwritten mistakenly.
- Comprehensive inbuilt help.
- Alternative color themes.
** OTHER FEATURES
- Built in voice synthesizer
- Card state manager to quickly apply restrict choices / hide cards.
- Lock down options and hidden gestures to prevent individuals from navigating away from making a choice or following a schedule.
** DEFAULT LIBRARY INCLUDED
The app comes with some example libraries, including numbers, letters, colors + 3 schedules - getting dressed (boys), getting dressed (girls) and toilet training.
FREE version now available to try - 1 on 1: Communicate Easy
More information can be found on the websites:
- IOS 9/8 Compatibility
- Search available in all modes
- New folder images
- Back button issue fixed (apologies to everyone for this!)
Ratings and Reviews
Easy to use
Okay, sequencing is not the best but being able to create your own cards, categories, add video, and backup to transfer to backup ipads is really great. I mean really, really great. It's not as feature rich as iCommunicate but my severely autistic child has learned to ask for McD's french fries with it. I don't know what else she knows but it's a great start.
The lockout mode is also awesome. Once you switch the program over to letting your kid use it, you have to go to the ipad settings menu to switch it out so I don't worry about my child inadvertently changing or deleting things.
I also was able to load a few downtime videos into it so that when my child is getting anxious, it's one picture icon into favorite videos.
Don't believe you have to pay an arm and a leg to get a worthwhile tool. No, it's not PECs but it's easy for my severe ASD kid to use. Maybe someday we'll get to the point of being able to use PECs but in the meantime, this is a great app.
Oh, sometimes the video is a little buggy. Not sure why but it's a random problem.
Wow, so good for the price!
Just started programming this app for my non verbal 5 year old son. Amazed how easy to program and how many options there are. It Will be perfect for daily communication and school as well as in home ABA therapy. They really thought of everything....most of the settings are accessed through the settings icon on the iPad, then select the communicate easy app on the left and go from there. This is a great app from for the money!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.