Concepts is the award-winning, advanced sketching and design app for professional creators. With our infinite canvas and organic brushes, fluid and responsive vector drawing engine, and intuitive precision tools, your design experience has never felt so natural. Whether you’re an architect, product designer, illustrator or visual thinker, you can explore, iterate and share your designs anywhere you go.
- Infinite canvas and movable menus for a comfortable, focus-driven drawing workflow.
- Sketch with fluid pens or CAD-like wires, traditional-style pencils, markers and live-blending watercolor with COPIC or custom color sets.
- Mix and drag colors into your own palettes to preserve tone and mood, or reference colors from images with our new vector color picker.
- Select and adjust every stroke you’ve drawn for ultimate drawing control and easy iterations.
- Our precision shape guides, snap and measurement tools respond to real-world scale and do the math for you.
- Enjoy infinite, adjustable Layers, with a Focus Mode for quick reference and touchup.
- Create, organize and share custom object libraries for use in multiple projects, synced free across devices.
- Choose from a variety of powerful exports in standard or vector formats like High-res PNG, SVG, DXF (CAD) or PSD with a connected Adobe CC account. Share with your colleagues or bridge with other apps for further development.
- Optimized for Drag & Drop, and fine-tuned to work seamlessly with Apple Pencil on iPads including 120Hz ProMotion rendering.
Concepts is used by top designers at Apple, Disney, Playstation, Philips, HP, Unity, Illumination Entertainment, and many more.
- "I use Concepts more than any other tool. I absolutely love it. The natural, fluid, vector-based workflow is so easy to use, but incredibly powerful. The technology never gets in the way of creativity. The fast and clean user experience makes it a joy to use.” - Yarrow Cheney, production designer, film director
- "The Concepts app has not changed what I do, just transformed how I do it. It offers me the power, flexibility and adaptability of technology with all the sensitivity and immediacy of traditional hand drawing. In short, it is an app that I now cannot imagine being without, and the only time I've experienced something that betters pen and paper.” - Ewen Miller, head of Calderpeel Architects
- “I use it just for everything. Drawing, making notes, brainstorming, PDF markup, wireframing, design — EVERYTHING. And it delivers.” - natanaeldekross
Start sketching with our solid, free sketching package. Enjoy beautiful tools, COPIC colors, five layers, our infinite canvas and JPG exports.
Upgrade to the Essentials, designed specifically for professionals. Gain the powerful ability to select and adjust your strokes after you’ve drawn them, create custom brushes, use our precision shape guides and shape objects, and export PNG, PSD, SVG, DXF and CONCEPT native file formats.
Get just what you need A-la-Carte, like brush packs, royalty-free, vector object libraries, Make Your Own Objects (use them as Stickers in iMessage) and deep PDF integration.
Or subscribe monthly or yearly and gain access to every library and feature in app, plus our new Team services for quick collaboration: secure live sharing of libraries, palettes and all future libraries + content.
If you opt to subscribe to Concepts Everything monthly or yearly, payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at time of purchase. Your plan will renew automatically at the price shown above within 24 hours of the end of the billing period, unless turned off beforehand. You can cancel or make changes anytime in your iTunes Account settings.
We're dedicated to quality and update often. If you get stuck, chat with us in-app, pencil a note to firstname.lastname@example.org, or find us anywhere with @ConceptsApp.
COPIC is the trademark of Too Corporation. Special thanks to Lasse Pekkala, Osama Elfar and Mimochai for cover art!
This one is a bit technical. It’s about maths and b-splines and how everything is 10x better than you’re used to. Read on.
You’re probably aware that Concepts uses vectors (i.e. math) underneath every stroke you draw. That’s how you can manipulate things without losing clarity.
With this release, those vectors (called B-splines in our case) are now fully optimized on the fly, as you draw. We call it the Curve Fitter:
- New drawings will store one-tenth of the point data. Old drawings aren’t affected in any way.
- New drawings will load, render and export much faster. Even when you have tons of strokes and you zoom around a lot. Especially noticeable on older devices.
- There should be zero difference in the way Concepts feels while drawing. We went to great lengths to make sure your brushes look and feel exactly the same as before.
- Vector exports (SVG, PDF, DXF) are much improved, so if you’re importing to other vector-based apps (like Illustrator, AutoCAD or your favorite CNC machine), you can enjoy cleaner vectors and improved compatibility.
Some other things we’ve included:
- The canvas UI is now cleaner and faster than ever.
- New gesture options for tap+hold and 4 finger tap.
- Added some basic PPI settings to help manage export sizes.
- Hidden layers are now ignored completely when exporting your drawings.
- Automatically adapt the artboard to image and PDF imports via the gallery.
- Reveal-type brushes can now lock the grain in place, allowing for clean pattern-type brushes.
If you like these updates and want to support us, leave a five-star review on the App Store and send us your feedback. Want to know what we’re doing next year? Tune in to your favorite channel @ConceptsApp and read all about it.
The Concepts Team @ TopHatch
Ratings and Reviews
Turn your ideas into vectors on the go.
Such a cool drawing app!
It’s pretty rare for an application that does something so basic to really leverage being in a digital medium like Concepts does. Works super well and finally gives me the ability to individually modify strokes in a way I wish I could from the very first time I started drawing. Great work!
5.3 Review - Not recommended
I use this app daily for writing, sketching, designing and brainstorming.
The current update is not as good as I anticipated. It might be faster as expected however it’s not as accurate when drawing and writing as it used to be on the previous version.
On my iPad pro, when writing or drawing at my normal scale or smaller one, the lines appear to average themselves out with a 0% smoothness on my brush. The lines wobble noticeably and straighten themselves creating undesirable angles and overlaps. It seems like the app is either too slow to register my apple pencil’s movement and figure out the path, or that it’s not reading the full resolution of my pencil’s input.
This never happened before on previous versions. It messes up my lines subtly and requires corrections with each stroke, as for writing, it appears terrible. You’ll need to be writing at a large scale for round strokes or close lines to appear properly.
I hope the developers would fix this for the next versions, but if you have the choice, and wish to have an accurate writing/drawing experience, skip version 5.3 for now. I wish I could revert to 5.2 again.
To me, accuracy is a higher priority to performance for a professional app.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- TopHatch, Inc.
- 144.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © TopHatch, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Essentials $9.99
- PDF Essentials $4.99
- Essentials (iPhone Only) $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.