By Doug Currie
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Bandm8 is your all-in-one musical performance and rehearsal organizer. Keep track of your bands and their repertoires, create set lists, plan gigs, and use the built-in Practise Player to help with rehearsing those tricky passages.
- manage multiple bands, albums, set lists and songs
- make detailed notes on each song, including audio, images and PDFs
- practise along to tracks from your iTunes library
- performance screen with silent metronome, audio player and pedal-switch support
- email song notes, audio clips and set lists to band members
- record gig and venue details, and publish gig announcements to Facebook
- make recordings of your rehearsals
- searching and printing
Check out the video tutorials at www.bandm8.net!
Bandm8 stores detailed information on your bands; for each band you can build up a repertoire of albums and songs, and make detailed notes for each song - chord progressions, riff reminders, images and PDFs of sheet music from your photo library. You can associate songs with tracks from your iTunes music library - if you're playing a cover, for example. And/or you can record some audio yourself - say, if you want a recording of your newest original masterpiece to practise against.
Once you have some audio associated with the song - either from your iTunes library or audio you've recorded yourself - you can use the Practise Player feature to play along. With its looping and bookmark functions and large user-friendly controls, it's the perfect way to practise with an instrument in your hands.
After practise, it's time to gig... Create set lists, drawing from your library of albums and tracks. Simple editing controls allow you to play with the set until you've found the line up your fans want to hear. Once you're ready to gig, email the set list and gig details to the rest of the band so they know what they're playing - then print set lists for use on stage. Finally, post to Facebook to let your fans to where and when to be.
During the gig itself, use the Performance view; use the stage light dimmer to tone down the screen brightness, use the individual song notes as cheat sheets, and use the silent metronome to lead in your band at the correct tempo. During the applause, use the audio player to listen to the first few seconds of the next tune through your monitors - or even provide a full backing track.
Bandm8 also keeps track of all your gigging information for posterity... a complete record of every gig you've played, the songs your fans heard, and any other notes you thought were important about the gig, set or venue.
So if you're finding it hard to keep track of the numerous bands you're in, songs you play, tracks you should be rehearsing, and gigs you're supposed to turn up to - then Bandm8 is the perfect app for you!
Bandm8 currently supports the following pedal switches in performance mode:
- AirTurn BT-105. Ports 1/3 move back/forward through the set list. Port 2 toggles the silent metronome. Port 4 toggles the audio player.
- The arrow keys on BlueTooth keyboards also work.
- This might work for other pedals, but probably won't. Please email me if you would like me to add support for your pedal!
For a quick overview of what Bandm8 can do for you, check out the video tutorials at www.bandm8.net!
Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have questions!
(A quick reply to GED45's comment: try the "performance mode" from the Set List tab when you're on stage - this has buttons for audio, metronome, etc. all on a single page, with swiping back and forward between tunes.)
What's New in Version 3.0
Lots of new stuff in this update...
- A new 'Venues' tab, where you can record much more detailed information about where you are playing.
- Gigs now link to these Venues - so you type the venue info in once, and re-use it every time you gig.
- A new 'Templates' tab, where you can set up pre-configured templates for your song, gig and venue notes. No more typing in boilerplate text.
- Lots of other minor tweaks.
Other recent enhancements:
- iOS 7 support
- Rework of the 'Gigs' tab - it's now sane, and you can add / remove / reorder the songs you actually ended up playing.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Feb 18, 2014
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 7.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Douglas Currie
- © Douglas Currie
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.