Bandm8 - Song, Band & Gig Manager
By Doug Currie
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Bandm8 - Song, Band & Gig Manager is the essential all-in-one band, gig, song, set and rehearsal organiser for professional musicians.
Do you have trouble keeping track of what gigs you have lined up? Who's playing each gig? The sets you are going to play? How that tricky middle-8 goes? Have the other members learnt that new track?!?!?
Well look no further! Keep track of your bands and their repertoires, create set lists, plan gigs, and use the built-in Practise Player to help with rehearsing those tricky passages.
- manage multiple bands, albums, set lists and songs
- make detailed notes on each song, including audio, images and PDFs
- practise along to tracks from your iTunes library
- performance screen with silent metronome, audio player and pedal-switch support
- email song notes, audio clips and set lists to band members
- record gig and venue details, and publish gig announcements to Facebook
- make recordings of your rehearsals
- searching and printing
Check out the video tutorials at www.bandm8.net!
Bandm8 stores detailed information on your bands; for each band you can build up a repertoire of albums and songs, and make detailed notes for each song - chord progressions, riff reminders, images and PDFs of sheet music from your photo library. You can associate songs with tracks from your iTunes music library - if you're playing a cover, for example. And/or you can record some audio yourself - say, if you want a recording of your newest original masterpiece to practise against.
Once you have some audio associated with the song - either from your iTunes library or audio you've recorded yourself - you can use the Practise Player feature to play along. With its looping and bookmark functions and large user-friendly controls, it's the perfect way to practise with an instrument in your hands.
After practise, it's time to gig... Create set lists, drawing from your library of albums and tracks. Simple editing controls allow you to play with the set until you've found the line up your fans want to hear. Once you're ready to gig, email the set list and gig details to the rest of the band so they know what they're playing - then print set lists for use on stage. Finally, post to Facebook to let your fans to where and when to be.
During the gig itself, use the Performance view; use the stage light dimmer to tone down the screen brightness, use the individual song notes as cheat sheets, and use the silent metronome to lead in your band at the correct tempo. During the applause, use the audio player to listen to the first few seconds of the next tune through your monitors - or even provide a full backing track.
Bandm8 also keeps track of all your gigging information for posterity... a complete record of every gig you've played, the songs your fans heard, and any other notes you thought were important about the gig, set or venue.
So if you're finding it hard to keep track of the numerous bands you're in, songs you play, tracks you should be rehearsing, and gigs you're supposed to turn up to - then Bandm8 is the perfect app for you!
Bandm8 currently supports the following pedal switches in performance mode:
- AirTurn BT-105. Switch functions are configurable, and include next/prev song, page up/down, toggle silent metronome and toggle audio playback.
- The arrow keys on BlueTooth keyboards also work.
- This might work for other pedals, but probably won't. Please email me if you would like me to add support for your pedal!
For a quick overview of what Bandm8 can do for you, check out the video tutorials at www.bandm8.net!
Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have questions!
What's New in Version 3.2
This update brings the following enhancements:
- you can now import multiple songs directly from your iTunes library into your repertoire - e.g. an album or playlist - using the 'Manage' button on the album screen
- pedal switch functions are now configurable from the settings screen, and page up/down function has been added
- auto-scrolling in performance mode should be more accurate
- when building a set list, songs which are in another set list are marked as such (to help avoid duplicates in your set lists)
- iOS 8, iPhone 6 and 6 Plus support
Cool concept, needs more development
Interface could use some sleeker design. Relatively user friendly, but some errors in functionality.
When adding band members from my address book, the app brought up my contacts but did not allow me to click and add them- making that function useless.
Hard to access notes for each song without going way deep into the app.
Not worth the money at this stage in app's development
- Category: Music
- Updated: Mar 25, 2015
- Version: 3.2
- Size: 8.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Douglas Currie
- © Douglas Currie
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.