Make sure the text you're designing isn't too light in your interface designs with Contrast. Combine this simple little menu bar app with your favorite design tool and design with accessibility in mind.
Enter hex codes manually or use the built in color picker for sampling colors directly from your designs.
Tear the app from the menu bar and use it as a floating window wherever you'd like. It'll stay on top of your active design tool for quick access to the WCAG contrast scores.
• We've added preferences! Too many for one bullet point, so keep reading...
• You can now set your own global show/hide shortcut.
• You can also set shortcuts for picking foreground and background colors.
• Launch at login is now possible. Honestly, why would you ever not want Contrast launched and ready? Amirite?
• And finally, you can set a preference for lowercase hex codes.
Ratings and Reviews
This is a very useful tool that should be apart of every inclusive designer’s toolbox. However, there is room to approve
* Rapid color picking, would be nice to pick primary and secondary colors without having to return to the tooltip
* rgba, hsl, and more color modes should be supported
* Keyboard shortcuts
Just an honest to goodness easy to use and clean, tradtional mac app. No bloat, no usability issues. Feels fully natural to macOS, and does exactly what it says on the tin. I use it daily. Thank you!
Nice to have a menu bar app for quick contrast checks
As a web designer I want to have any site I’m working on easy to use for all that visit it. I still end up pushing the line when it comes to accessibility during the design process, though. It’s great to have an app that keeps me in check which is available in my menubar at any time. It's also independent of what program I'm using (you simply eyedrop your screen).
Very useful and well worth the price.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.