By Cook App Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*App Store Best of 2013*
Cook is the place to create, share and discover recipes.
It's your very own Cookbook for iPad, fill it with the food you love and share it with family, friends and the world!
"Deliciously easy to use and a feast for the eyes too" - USA Today
"A Gorgeous cookbook app that makes cooking more social" - App Advice
"Cook has something lot of other apps don’t — a heart" - Beautiful Pixels
• Your Cook Book - Customize the front graphic, choose a color and add a caption to tell everyone about your cooking.
• Create Recipes - Add your cherished family recipes, favorite meals or latest discoveries. Type as much or as little as you want, then share it with everyone or keep it just for your close friends.
• A World of Cooking - Head to the Library and grab new books or use Search to discover thousands of recipes from Cooks around the world. There’s more being added all the time.
• Find your Friends - Get suggestions from Facebook or make new friends, keep the best books on your bench so you'll always have the best recipes on hand.
• Share your Recipes - Post any of your awesome creations on the Web through Facebook, Twitter, Email and iMessage.
We hope you enjoy Cook! If you need some help or have some feedback, get in touch:
What's New in Version 1.5.1
Just a small update to fix some issues:
- Conversion Tweaks
- Fixed Image quality issues
- Fixed Ingredients Reordering
- Other minor bug fixes
We hope you’re enjoying the latest Cook update, thanks for your support.
A huge new update for Cook featuring:
Recipe Search - From your Bench-top you can now search thousands of public recipes by name, ingredient or tag.
Ingredient Conversion - Automatically view ingredients in US Imperial or Metric.
New Masters - Recipes from Curtis Stone, Johnny Iuzzini and Bill Granger.
Makes - Toggle from Serves to Makes for quantity based recipes.
New World Books - Introducing India, Denmark and Turkey to the library.
New Collection - Browse the latest Kid-friendly recipes.
Temperature Conversion - Temperatures in the method are automatically converted to F or C.
New Sliders - For choosing Prep and Cook times.
Improved Library book search
Fixed password keyboard options
Likes page now shows all likes
Load more notifications
Follow us for the latest news
or get in touch:
For starters, let me say that it is always nice to see an app that has been built from the ground up for iPad. This app makes use of the larger screen in a way that feels fresh and exciting. Recipes submitted by users are automatically sorted into special cookbooks like "baking" so browsing is always super easy. Cookbooks are presented on a carousel of sorts, and opening them shows a delicious array of foods. Subtle and beautiful visual effects abound, and the elements of the app are so crisp it feels like you can touch them. It's true it lacks some power-user features-- it's more like a cross between a full blown recipe manager and Pinterest, but I'd recommend this to anybody with an iPad and a penchant for making tasty treats.
This app is trying to help you share recipes, not just manage them, so it may be understandable. BUT, lots of us would like to at least test out the app (and the digital rendition of our recipes) before sharing. You cannot even try the interface without an account. Save your privacy & use something else.
Absolutely beautiful interface. Great set of menus, including a healthy option.