Cora - Sew Your Fabric Stash
By Algona Studios LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Cora helps fabric lovers stay organized and sew their stashes.
With Cora, whether you’re out and about shopping for patterns or planning a project in bed, your fabric stash is always with you. Sort and search to sew up treasures you already have.
Add up to 5 fabrics for free before you upgrade!
FABRIC PICTURES, FRONT AND CENTER
- Take pictures from within the app or pick ones from your library.
- See a big picture of each fabric at a glance in the stash view.
- Browse even more fabrics at once by tapping the grid icon.
- Quickly jump to a zoomable picture by holding your finger down on a fabric.
THE INFORMATION YOU NEED
- Add basic information first and fill in the rest later: all fields are optional.
- Set metric or imperial units as default but override them as needed.
- Use completion suggestions on text fields to ensure consistent wording.
- Write searchable notes with any extra information you want!
FIND THE PERFECT FABRIC
- Filter by color or length to only see fabrics that work for your project.
- Sort by price paid to find cheap fabrics for testing a new pattern.
- Search by that designer you’re crushing on right now.
- Lots more sort, filter and search combinations!
BY A SEWIST FOR SEWISTS
Designed to be the fastest and easiest way to sew your stash.
Thanks to those in the sewing community who gave early feedback.
NOTE: backups are done through Apple's infrastructure. Please make sure your phone is backed up periodically to avoid data loss. Additionally, Cora does NOT currently sync your stash across devices.
Have a feature request or question? I’d love to hear from you!
GET IN TOUCH
What's New in Version 1.6
Please get in touch to report any issues or make feature suggestions - email@example.com. Thank you!
- Adds "Save and Add Another" button when adding a new fabric. Thanks to Lorene for the idea.
- Minor fixes and library updates.
Well-designed app - a few tweaks would make it even better
I really like how this app is laid out. There are two ways to view your fabric, both of which are aesthetically pleasing and easy to navigate. The fabric organization categories suit my needs. The best part of this app is being able to filter fabric by type, length, weight, and whether it has been prewashed. It is also nice to be able to see a summary - by number of pieces, yardage and type -of just how giant your stash is (mine was larger than anticipated!).
That said, there are a few improvements that would make this app even better:
-Allowing fractions when entering yardage. Yes, I am able to enter 1 1/3 yds as 1.33, but since fabric requirements (at least in the US) are always listed in fractions, not decimals, this would be a nice option.
-Adding "width" as a filter option.
-Allowing multiple filters. Right now, if I need at least 3 yards of a knit fabric, I have to filter on "knits" and scroll through all of the yardage, or filter on "length" and scroll through both knits and wovens. Multiple filters would allow me to zero in on a fabric more quickly and would be of great help to people with giant stashes.
Overall, this is a very useful organizing tool for managing your fabric stash.
Love the app but still room for improvement
This app is great for the features it offers but still has more room for improvements. As a WAHM with a sewing business I decided to try this app as a way to keep a proper inventory of my fabric. Each listing offers adequate space to keep all the details. And I love the PDF option so that I may keep a copy of specifics for my business records.
One update I would REALLY LOVE to see is to have the fabric summary updated to include the total $$ amount of fabric on hand. Something with a formula that does the price breakdown and gives you the actual figure so that I don't (still) have to go through each individual fabric and do those figures myself multiple times a year. This feature would make your app VERY popular among other sewing businesses.
I have just started back sewing and this is a breeze to use and for the fabric junkies fun too! I can see everything at a glance, know how much I have etc. Nice for matching things up when you are shopping and can't remember. Like others if you could do this with patterns it would be a game changer like this one is. Oh and if they could link together like link the pattern to the material I was going to use for even better! Thanks for a wonderfully useful and fun app! Update* it would be great to see the fabric width as a filter option.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Jan 31, 2017
- Version: 1.6
- Size: 35.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, Spanish
- Seller: Algona Studios LLC
- © 2016 Algona Studios LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Fabric Upgrade$6.99