Snap. Paint. Share!
Turn your iPhone® pictures into incredible paintings wherever you are with Corel® Paint it!™ Now. Just take a new picture or use an existing photo from your iPhone image library. Then sit back and watch your photo morph into a painted work of art, brush stroke by brush stroke. Share your creations on Facebook®, Twitter™, Flickr® or email, or save them to your iPhone Camera Roll. All your masterpieces are automatically placed into a gallery, where you can browse and share them at any time. It's like having your own personal art gallery in your pocket!
• Take a new picture or use an existing photo from your iPhone’s image library
• Choose from 5 painting styles – Oil, Modern, Illustration, Impressionist, and Pen & Ink
• Watch your photo turn into a work of art, brush stroke by brush stroke
• Add a picture frame to enhance your favorite photo or artwork
• Share your creation directly on Facebook, Twitter, Flickr or email, or save to your Camera Roll
• Browse and review your creations in the Image Gallery at any time, where all your images are automatically saved. You can even save and share multiple images at once
• Choose a new painting style at any time
• Add picture frames to make your artwork pop
• Share your artwork via Twitter
Learn more at www.corel.com/mobileapps
Requires iPhone with iOS 4.0 or higher, or iPod touch (4th generation)
More available painting styles
Ratings and Reviews
Free but not very appealing anyway
Yes, I know it is free but I feel it is a bit of waste of time (mine and the developers). The app is OK to try it once. The resolution is just unusable and the result, well after you let it run, doesn't actually look much different than the result from any of the usual simple quick paint effect. Sort of blotched and stirred look yet it still look like processed photo...
Update: I just discovered the new Autopainter application for iPhone. It isn't free but it blows out the corel paint it by a mile. The results from autopainter actually look like real painting!
Gave me a new level of expression
I tend to take photos just whenever something grabs me visually (rather than to document life events). The trouble is often what I "see" is not what the camera sees. The Paint It! effects simplify extraneous details (uh, just like a painting...) and often do bring out more of what I was responding to.
The app also occasionally pulls some surprising rabbits out of some really awful shots. I play with it all the time.
Fun, but needs improvement
I love this program, however as an artist and a painter, I would never EVER leave white uncovered canvas in the middle of my canvas! This is bad, and the reason for the three stars. I share photos with friends. Many made using this can't be used or shared as an eye on a portrait, or a delicate rose in a scenery will be wiped out by a blank "unpainted" portion of the canvas.
On the up side I love the oils affect. Fix the blank canvas, and I give it 5 stars.
- Corel Corporation.
- 15.8 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011 Corel Corporation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.